Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grover

Jun 5, 2003
zoomtang said:
Grover.....

That flyer you put up on page 2 of this thread, i see the Jam MC's :D
What ever happened to those guys? i remember hearing they were involved in the Blackburn scene, then after that i saw them down at the Konspiracy.
After a few years i remember going to see them in 94/95..ish at Accrington Town Hall.

Anyone got anymore info on their current activities?

-zoom
dunno mate , last time i seen them was in 92 using 3 decks:cool:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Dj M Jaxx said:
Thats it....bang on m8, i thought that is what i heard on a documentry once, but was not quite sure. Good job Dream FM did not take that possision, because what i remember from the documentry was that Kiss had to start playing a lot of comecial dance music as part of the contract.....would have been a nasty way for a station as good as Dream, to go out in such a sad way

Yeah thats true...Rob tissera told me one of the reasons he finished his show on galaxy was as they were wantin him to play more commercial..

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Mojo said:
I did Dream FM for a couple of months when it was based in a basement in Headingley, im sure it was Dream FM.:S

We had a mobile phone to accept requests and had to log them in a book.

Thats the one m8, they had a big celler where the studio was run from, was propper lock down security too. The DTI in the early years turned a blind eye to dream, just as they did with power, due to the profesional way it was run....no swearing, propper radio voiced dj's and a cut off point of 12 midnight

I remember when i use to dj on Power FM, the DTI payed us a visit at the studio in 92. We thought we had been busted big time, but all they said was that they understud we run a very profesional station, and how we did a lot of good advertising for local buisinesses...and a lot of charity fun raising event for the local comunity...and that they would leave us a alone. Infact the main reason why they came around in the first place, was because a new radio station, classic FM was starting up, and that we where broadcasting on the same freaquance as they where alocated. They told us to move our signal up the FM wave length, and that as long as we kept it runing in the profesional manner that we have been doing...that that would be the last we would hear from them.

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Hee Hee, just been looking through my red bx of memories, and found this little gem

A Power FM/ Dream FM car sticker lol

Attachments

• Photo-0011.jpg
    Photo-0011.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 430

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Nice one M Jaxx..

Dream FM was smart, Ive about 30 or so tapes from that Radio Station in the garage from when I used to live over in Leeds.

Somewhere there is 2 X 90 minute tapes of a live Chris & James mix, the lads from the Gardening Club in London

I think I left it recording as well so all the chat should still be on em. One of these days I'll get round to ripping them all:thumbsup:

@ Steve W - get them pictures of Sasha scanned in, we could all do with a laugh

Martin Red

Sep 27, 2005
zoomtang said:
Grover.....

That flyer you put up on page 2 of this thread, i see the Jam MC's :D
What ever happened to those guys? i remember hearing they were involved in the Blackburn scene, then after that i saw them down at the Konspiracy.
After a few years i remember going to see them in 94/95..ish at Accrington Town Hall.

Anyone got anymore info on their current activities?

-zoom

Good question

Around 1995 was around the last time I saw them, they played a club in Birmingham for us.

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
re:jam mc's

tomlin is now out of jail n dj's all over the place,think he has a night at the poo na na bar in town still,and chris does his speakeasy night at the green room on oxford road.you'll see them knocking around the nortern quater spec dry bar n vinyl exchange.
DAMO.;)

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
1988star said:
Maybe asking for advice on a tune soon myself its from the milllenium night radio 1 by someone playing in northern ireland got it on video tape god knows how im going to convert it to digital & post it on here :p
I've still got that on tape somewhere, I can't for the life of me remember the DJ's name but he was live at Port Rush and he played an absolute blinder. I can't seem to find the tracklisting after a search on the web just now (it seems to be the only one missing). The tracklisting that Radio One put out wasn't completely right as it happens though.

The good news is that I've got all the records off the mix bar one. As for the missing one, I've tried to have it id'ed before now to no avail. I should still have the sample on my PC at home with a bit of luck and I'll up it to tuneid.

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
Jonno said:
I've still got that on tape somewhere, I can't for the life of me remember the DJ's name but he was live at Port Rush and he played an absolute blinder. I can't seem to find the tracklisting after a search on the web just now (it seems to be the only one missing). The tracklisting that Radio One put out wasn't completely right as it happens though.

The good news is that I've got all the records off the mix bar one. As for the missing one, I've tried to have it id'ed before now to no avail. I should still have the sample on my PC at home with a bit of luck and I'll up it to tuneid.

a very wild stab in the dark. .... Fergie?

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
nathan said:
a very wild stab in the dark. .... Fergie?
Nah it wasn't Fergie. I seem to recall he's got a very normal name like Colin Smith. He ended with Thrillseekers followed by the Jam & Spoon mix of Age of Love. I saw him play at Creamfields the same year and he ended with the same records.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
zoomtang said:
:D I was at Nelson when the fuzz decided to drop by, i got on the front page of the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

-zoom
Me and my mate took Tony Creft and another bloke back to Blackburn after the Police raided it. They had a industrial style bag with them with the nights takings of about £50,000 - I thought it was a bag of tools when they got in the car! They gave us £50 for our trouble, which I always considered a bit stindgy given the money they had.

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Jonno said:
Me and my mate took Tony Creft and another bloke back to Blackburn after the Police raided it. They had a industrial style bag with them with the nights takings of about £50,000 - I thought it was a bag of tools when they got in the car! They gave us £50 for our trouble, which I always considered a bit stindgy given the money they had.

LOL, Not bad cash that bud for a lift along the m65. That was half a weeks wage back then :S
Dya reckon it could happen again? i drive past many a part-built warehouse thesedays and still think "that would be great for a party" :cool:

Hehe....

-zoom

Jonno said:
Nah it wasn't Fergie. I seem to recall he's got a very normal name like Colin Smith. He ended with Thrillseekers followed by the Jam & Spoon mix of Age of Love. I saw him play at Creamfields the same year and he ended with the same records.

DJ was Colin Hamelton Port rush year 2000

track has the words "music"
Then "music music"

Then "Houston Go"
"Retro Go"
ThinK?? "vinyl Go"

Track would come from 1999-2000 anyone know what it is:thumbsup: