Hi from a DJ from the past

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
mmm,seem to remember you doin this funny thing at the thunderdome mcr which involved turning the cartridge upside down n playin the record the wrong way.
had my best nights there,you n jay providing the soundtrack to my youth.
DAMO:cool:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
badroxx said:
I hope you still have the hair.

Nah, I think Anne's borrowed it.

_1618702_widders150.jpg

Dunno what I'm laughin at...my hair in them days was a sight for sore eyes!

Anyway...Welcome to OSA Steve.:thumbsup:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
OldskoolDazed (al) said:
lol good to see the old manchester uniform again (chipie)

was thinkin that meself...used to near enough live in that shop down the side of the royal ex.

is it still there? think it was last time I wandered down that way (prob years ago!)

Cheers for all the comments getting my hair cut in stockport on saturday so who knows fancy the skunk look like that england cricketers got:turn:

Track31 my brothers got it so will let you know.

Maybe asking for advice on a tune soon myself its from the milllenium night radio 1 by someone playing in northern ireland got it on video tape god knows how im going to convert it to digital & post it on here :p

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
hehe, welcome to the forum bud. Good to know i am in the presence of a DJ who made some of the nights of my life : The Blackburn Raves. I went to nearly all of them. Did you do the Haslingden Unit 7?? I live just around the corner from there now.

It would be good for you to post a mix in the style of Blackburn sometime, it would make many a folk on here very happy i suspect.

:mexican:

-zoom

Hi Zoom,
Yes I was there at them all seem to remember that one was that when we had 11k people and reversed a artic through the big rollershutter doors "party on"

As this is old skool anthems ,id like to give you as a thank you my first anthem:D its

Deskee Dance Dance Dub on big one records 1990 this track is quite long and west bam (berlin) fought the mix right to the end studio sliders everywhere quality of the mix is great
When this track hit the hacienda with the help of Johnathon on the lights with his golden scans he brought the track alive dancing the lights left and right ,then turning the club from daylight to pitch black in an instant.
Unbelieveable enjoy if you can

Markz

Do you keep in touch with any of the big name`s like yourself who hung up the headphones years ago like yourself?? What are they doing now??

Would you make a comeback in the future as there is a ressurection of Oldskool nights going on around the UK now??

Tell us some gossip from back in the day that would make us laugh!

And lastly any chance of a tribute set that you could do for us and stick in the mixes section, I`m sure we`d all love a bit of that! phones: phones:

Cheers.

Got some good pictures of sasha looking daft . one of my favorite moments was winding jon da silva up at Aire pavillion one night he was on first and mixing like a devil I went upto the stage monitors and began to tap and listen to them ,then shouted to John and said "are these working because your mixings shite ".He then proceeded to shout Monitors monitors at the top of his voice, in pieces and his mixing went to pot love jon he took it even more seriously than me.

Hey if I knew how to do it I would stream a mix live to this sitephones:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
1988star said:
Got some good pictures of sasha looking daft . one of my favorite moments was winding jon da silva up at Aire pavillion one night he was on first and mixing like a devil I went upto the stage monitors and began to tap and listen to them ,then shouted to John and said "are these working because your mixings shite ".He then proceeded to shout Monitors monitors at the top of his voice, in pieces and his mixing went to pot love jon he took it even more seriously than me.

Hey if I knew how to do it I would stream a mix live to this sitephones:

ha ha.....

the live mix thing sounds wicked...could get you on a internet radio show we use tho, their is a few of these, pirate revival is another...

Also, did you find the monitors hard to follow in the corn exchange leeds??? sound is very hard to get right in that venue...can be a pain...

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Do you use recording software like Cubase etc? its very easy. Or mix to a minidisc recorder and rip it through your soundcard. There are other threads on this topic on the forum & Tune ID too.

Love to hear one :cool:

-zoom

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
1988star said:
Monitors in the corn exchange ,place is a nice idea but not really a club seem to remember a biplane hanging in there. Enjoyed doing NYE there one year though. Leeds people can party:thumbsup:

Yeah we did joy NYE 2004 their and was one of the best nights we have ever had:thumbsup:

The biplane has now gone ( my uncle actually helped to refurbish it at one point!)

its the roof that makes it terrible for sound but once you get the party on its amazing in their, had some good nights in that building over the years..:thumbsup:

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Steve! You gotta play on Piraterevival. Everyone will tune in, (AL) Oldskooldazed will sort you out no problem.

Every1 is very excited at your arrival.

All the best chap!

Silk's

:thumbsup:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
PepeLePew said:
Hi Ste,
Thanks for letting me know about this place. Gotta say it would be cool to hear your vinyl get a good dusting off, from what little I've heard :).

Kev - gtirpulsar

Hi kev, welcome on here, you got gtir pulsar too, respect.i love my jap cars:thumbsup: