The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
1988star said:
ETC
And every illegal warehouse party from 1988-1991 blackburn,middleton,leeds
When you say middleton do you mean the one in leeds or are you talking about the manchster one. I know it says leeds next to leeds but its not clear what you mean :S

I personally wasnt around the first time either, was still at school at that time but grew up in leeds (armley and middleton) whoch is why i asked. I cant believe there was illegal raves in miggy lol.

Welcome aboard though :D

Andy

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
1988star said:
Hi
Anyone remember these nights I did :-

Thunderdome Manchester
Thunderdome Warrington
Hacienda Manchester
Legends Warrington
Frenzy Blackpool
Shaboo Blackpool
Kaos Leeds
ETC
And every illegal warehouse party from 1988-1991 blackburn,middleton,leeds

Love to hear from anyone who went and lived it!!
Know ive ducked out for over 13 years but just thought id ask also like to hear if its worth giving my rare tracks one last time out.....

Regards EX DJ Steve Williams

Open to answer any questions you may like to ask about this time : )

Wow....I remember you well, infact iv been askin round about you, was one of my fave DJ's (ARK sets and Kaos sets):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you are the real Steve Williams (heard all sorts of rumours) PM me as i need to have a chat with you :thumbsup: :cool:

dods

Oct 13, 2004
Huddersfieldcestershirey
kells&tots said:
Wow....I remember you well, infact iv been askin round about you, was one of my fave DJ's (ARK sets and Kaos sets):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you are the real Steve Williams (heard all sorts of rumours) PM me as i need to have a chat with you :thumbsup: :cool:

i was gonna point him your way mate - get him booked in for next Joy - as you know the man is a legend :cool: :thumbsup:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
dods said:
i was gonna point him your way mate - get him booked in for next Joy - as you know the man is a legend :cool: :thumbsup:

Yes yes...he will fit in well with our style, been after him for a while.. Im jus sortin my December bookins out now so Steve get in touch if your up for it...;)

grover

Jun 5, 2003
first place i seen you play was this..... welcome to the board mate:thumbsup:

Attachments

• livethedreamfront.jpg
    livethedreamfront.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 570
  • livethedreamback.jpg
    livethedreamback.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 569
Hi Grover,
Live The Dream what a night from what I remember of it I DJed in a massive Marque at one end there was a mass of speakers with about a 6ft hole in the middle I could peer out of and see everyone,
The thing about the early warehouse type stuff was how powerful the speaker systems were.
When you dropped the needle on the records the actual air movement from the bass was tremendious you could really feel itphones:

Hi Retro Andy.
Im talking about Middleton manchester ,The party ended up on BBCs Look North when the Police busted it and I ended up on the front cover of the Manchester Evening News after being arrested:confused:
These were one of the first partys ever and the authorities came down hard.
Find it amazing that so many people found these events as it was word of mouth and pre mobile phone days.

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
did you ever do the gallery in leeds cause i'm sure i've got a tape of your's from there and i think your mentioned on the end of a tony walker and m.c point blank tape aswell

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
Welcome aboard Steve :wave:

Funnily enough I was listening to THIS quality set of yours on the way to work this morning... you don't happen to remember what track 31 is do you? There is a sound clip in the 3rd post.. ;) :$

lippiatte

Apr 1, 2004
Orlando, Florida, USA
glad to have you around bud...

tho i'm from america and never made it across the pond so therefore don't quite know who you are....it seems that all of these crazy brits here on the board dig you a lot. so then, friends of theirs and quality dj's in their minds, are friends of mine and quality dj's in my eyes.

now get on over to www.tuneid.com and start helping out over there....i bet you could really do some damage over there.

and if you've got any old balearic stuff for sale, i call first dibs right now...