Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mojo

Jan 27, 2005
Ricky`s in Leeds
1988star said:
Hi Mojo,
Know what you mean I hung around with the Bridewell Taxis when I was up in Leeds:p

I saw the bridewells at the warehouse and bought all their tunes, well 2 of em that i know of lol.

Do you remember `The Inept` who used to warm up for them, i went with thier manager once to the bridewells rehersals as i was also in a band (wasnt every1)which used to warm up for the inept.

Top Bridewell tune Whole Dance nation

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Oi Oi Steve, welcome to the board fella, i remember you from Leeds warehouse Kaos/ Soak nights back in 1990, Infact i belive you may remember a couple of my old chums i use to DJ with on a pirate radio we did in York called Power FM, Nick Kamara and Ady (Deskee)...Nick played on Dream FM in Leeds a few times also

Welcome aboard fella, nice to have a true legend on board

Jaxxy:thumbsup:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Dj M Jaxx said:
Oi Oi Steve, welcome to the board fella, i remember you from Leeds warehouse Kaos/ Soak nights back in 1990, Infact i belive you may remember a couple of my old chums i use to DJ with on a pirate radio we did in York called Power FM, Nick Kamara and Ady (Deskee)...Nick played on Dream FM in Leeds a few times also

Welcome aboard fella, nice to have a true legend on board

Jaxxy:thumbsup:

Dream FM was way way coooool:cool:

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
1988star said:
Hi Retro Andy.
Im talking about Middleton manchester ,The party ended up on BBCs Look North when the Police busted it and I ended up on the front cover of the Manchester Evening News after being arrested:confused:
These were one of the first partys ever and the authorities came down hard.
Find it amazing that so many people found these events as it was word of mouth and pre mobile phone days.

Wow im from middleton as well mate, bit before my time tho the nights u would've done (im only 21). would be nice to hear you play somewhere tho if u've still got rare tunage

phones:

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
:D I was at Nelson when the fuzz decided to drop by, i got on the front page of the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

-zoom

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Dj M Jaxx said:
Lol....I thought i was about the only one on hear that rememberd it, had tons of good times down there....god i feel old now lol:D :thumbsup:

I could never forget it, i oftern chat with luigi about it, i used to have the tapes they released, do you remember them?

It was wicked tho, it really was..:cool:

M

moonie

Dj M Jaxx said:
Lol....I thought i was about the only one on hear that rememberd it, had tons of good times down there....god i feel old now lol:D :thumbsup:

in the early years Dream FM was on and off air alot, but then stabilized and had regular slots, wakefield dj TC made some awesome sets of trance that stick out through early 90's and Luigi's chart was one to tune in for, if only i had a list of them charts he made up i would find a most wanted tune id'd

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
kells&tots said:
I could never forget it, i oftern chat with luigi about it, i used to have the tapes they released, do you remember them?

It was wicked tho, it really was..:cool:

lol, all i ever do when im in choonz, is waffle on to steve about the good old days of Dream and Power FM

I got some old tapes from both stations, and some from when we use to do Power FM's previous station KLFM.....god knows where they are now, probably in my mums atic with the rest of my records ive been promising to clear out for the past ten years lol...will have a dig around and see if i can find them someday. I remember we did the promotion work on Power FM for Galactica, york Knavsmire for the promoter (Mike Morison) i think he was called...we all got back stage passes, and £40 everytime we played the advert...we =banged it out at every given opertunity lol

Felt like gods that night, 21 years old, with "Im Mr big cheese" style passes around our necks :D :hubba: :D :D

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
moonie said:
in the early years Dream FM was on and off air alot, but then stabilized and had regular slots, wakefield dj TC made some awesome sets of trance that stick out through early 90's and Luigi's chart was one to tune in for, if only i had a list of them charts he made up i would find a most wanted tune id'd

Foooookin hell....TC, i still see him now, he lives over in York now, and plays at a town bar i go in called Nexus :thumbsup:

Top bloke:)

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
I also remeber back in 92, the later days of dream, some documentry team came into the dream studio (if you could call it that lol....more like a smoking den) to do some filming on Pirate radio station....never did get to see that. If anyone has a copy, i would love to see it again:)

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
moonie said:
http://loveleeds.com/home/?topic=554 Walker boys had a regular slot, remember them? class tunesphones:

from what i know Dream got a licence to go legal, but then the station fell through or near about that, probably someone else know more about this on here

They got offerd a license back in 93 if i remember right, but they had to pay so much money for it, the finanial side would have crippled them. In my opinoin they did the best thing and said no....it all faded into ablivion after that, as they started getting busted over and over again by the DTI. My m8 Ady (DC/ Deeske) use to make links for there transmiter so they could put the transmiter up to five miles away from the studio, but as the DTI's detecting technolagie got better and better, they started to sauce the links through radio waves, to the transmitor in the studio and bust them that way. That was the sad end to probably the best station in the world

Some great memories from back then...god it was a fun time to be young:thumbsup:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Hear are a few pics from back then

the first from right left to right

DC, My good self at 21 lol, Nick (Kamara) Locker

DC, Tim (Curtic Caprini) Loker, Nick (Kamara) Locker

Tim Locker in the powerFM studio

sorry about the shite quality, i took them on my phone off an old photo album :(

Attachments

• 27-10-05_2108.jpg
    27-10-05_2108.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 578
  • 27-10-05_2109.jpg
    27-10-05_2109.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 577
  • 27-10-05_2110.jpg
    27-10-05_2110.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 583

Mojo

Jan 27, 2005
Ricky`s in Leeds
Dj M Jaxx said:

I did Dream FM for a couple of months when it was based in a basement in Headingley, im sure it was Dream FM.:S

We had a mobile phone to accept requests and had to log them in a book.

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Grover.....

That flyer you put up on page 2 of this thread, i see the Jam MC's :D
What ever happened to those guys? i remember hearing they were involved in the Blackburn scene, then after that i saw them down at the Konspiracy.
After a few years i remember going to see them in 94/95..ish at Accrington Town Hall.

Anyone got anymore info on their current activities?

-zoom

noggy

Mar 6, 2005
steve williams

that picture badroxx has put on of steve is in a place called club 4 and the mixer he's using,i can see out of the corner of my eye on my shelf covered in dust and it still works,good old realistic!

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
zoomtang said:
Grover.....

That flyer you put up on page 2 of this thread, i see the Jam MC's :D
What ever happened to those guys? i remember hearing they were involved in the Blackburn scene, then after that i saw them down at the Konspiracy.
After a few years i remember going to see them in 94/95..ish at Accrington Town Hall.

Anyone got anymore info on their current activities?

-zoom
I'm sure I remember them teaming up with Mix Factory DJs (XTC) down at Sequins in Blackpool through most of 91

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Dj M Jaxx said:
They got offerd a license back in 93 if i remember right, but they had to pay so much money for it, the finanial side would have crippled them. In my opinoin they did the best thing and said no....it all faded into ablivion after that, as they started getting busted over and over again by the DTI. My m8 Ady (DC/ Deeske) use to make links for there transmiter so they could put the transmiter up to five miles away from the studio, but as the DTI's detecting technolagie got better and better, they started to sauce the links through radio waves, to the transmitor in the studio and bust them that way. That was the sad end to probably the best station in the world

Some great memories from back then...god it was a fun time to be young:thumbsup:

Yeah i heard some of this off luigi, he also told me that it was kiss (now Galaxy 105) that took over... how mad...:cool:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
kells&tots said:
Yeah i heard some of this off luigi, he also told me that it was kiss (now Galaxy 105) that took over... how mad...:cool:

Thats it....bang on m8, i thought that is what i heard on a documentry once, but was not quite sure. Good job Dream FM did not take that possision, because what i remember from the documentry was that Kiss had to start playing a lot of comecial dance music as part of the contract.....would have been a nasty way for a station as good as Dream, to go out in such a sad way