051 liverpool
bowlers

nerver ad a bad night in any of these clubs

Last edited:

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Without listing a load I'll try and narrow it into a few select

Shellys - For the vibe of the place, traveling to Stoke and the anticipation on the way down the M6, meeting other people at Knutsford services before and after, getting dragged to Longton Police station after being asked if I had any "wizz" of some guy in a beeny hat........"here mate have this if you want".....bang - cuffs - vauxhall cavalier.......:cops:
Sasha, Daz Willot, Nipper,

Hippo's - As Northern Star says, a top club right on your doorstep, Clash FM, Jay & Moggy, North Manchester's finest young generation in full attendance!

The Hac - For the legendary music, the venue itself when full was amazing, the relief of actually making it in the place!
Pickering, Park, John Da Silva, Dave Haslam

The Boardwalk - A good deal of people who were pissed off with the Hac started coming across the road to the Boardwalk, great venue, top atmosphere, top music, Dave Haslam

Back2Basics - Provided salvation during the army days. Had some great nights in there on a Saturday, particularly in the Pleasure Rooms venue, always enjoyed wandering round the various floors chatting to people and listening to different tunes. The bedrooms after till 9 if you were hardcore.
Ralph Lawson, Derrick Carter, Huggy, Lee Wright

Friends & Family - one of the best nights in MCR over the past few years. Not a house club, but some of the best hip hop/funk/soul/jazz you'll here mixed by some of the best DJ's around. Completely unpretentious, the nights in the Roadhouse were top
Andy Smith, Peter Parker, Riton, Chubby Grooves, Mark Rae:thumbsup:

(forgot to mention Oz on the central pier in Blackpool. Tripping in a packed club on a pier with a wooden dancefloor that moved was an experience) :|

EnFo

Dec 26, 2006
Bolton
there was only 3 clubs i visited back in the day.

pleasuredrome: my local club & best time of my life i had in there. :love:
bowlers: started going there when pleasuredrome got shut down, always had a good time.
angels: only got to go once but had a wicked night.

matt92

Dec 11, 2004
Shelleys - fridays and saturdays :)
Eclipse - Coventry
Leisurebowl - Stoke (Introspective, Entropy, Kinetic)
Orbit
Gallery - Stafford

and all the service stations you stopped off at in the morning :D

the thunderdome(mcr & warrington)
konspiracy
banshee
hacienda
millionaire club
the house
hippodrome
riverside
and a load more clubs in the manchester area that i cannot remember for obvious reasons
oh just rememberd the zoo in openshaw,n bowlers when it first opened n when i was on the hitman n her there.ha ha
DAMO:D :fekked:

Never heard of the 'riverside', but agree with all the others, plus The Hacienda, Legends, Shelleys, Most Excellent at the State in M/cr, The Boardwalk, Cream, Back to Basics, Eclipse, Sequins, The Thunderdome, Monroes etc. etc. etc.

Nice to see someone else who remembers The Zoo in Openshaw...that place was a laugh and had all the top names dj there (Sasha, Nipper etc.). Used to go practically every Saturday for a while (it was that good!) and also went to a few allnighters they held on bank holiday weekends; used to meet up at the 'Half Way House' pub beforehand to score some pills. Shame the gansters moved in and took over; the place pretty much nose-dived afterwards and all the top people simply moved on to other decent venues, although we always used to be bumping into each other around the North-West and beyond;)

Billy Liar

Sep 15, 2003
Uckerschmuck
Happy Fun...

Heres my lickle list of ting...
-Hot , Chapeltown,Leeds Astoria-89/90....jungle warrior bassbins that med ye follow thru'...Nighmares On Wax used to jock(i think)...perhaps anyone can clear this up?
-Joy,Leeds Poly.-Marshall/Dj Ease
-Forbidden Zones, Silver Sands, Huddersfield...sasha/huggy from wakey.
Konspiracies-Any room.But favoured downstairs wiv Robertson and also the Jam Mcz back room.
Quad- tunes yes, Chavvy criminal scousers ...BIG NO!
The Orbit 91-94...as northern bird says, home from home.Spesh the first couple of months at Ossett.

Love to all
Bill:mexican:

ollybgm

Jun 15, 2007
back to th olskool nights at maximes were top, as were some of the rewind nights. Pleasuredrome topped the lot. Cricketers - my local , used dj there many many year ago

any1 know what happend to Rob Thurston?

hardcore nights at Mr Smiths were mint (monday nights)

mr smiths was my nightout mondays the best the drome(pleasuredome)was ok same djs has smiths but not has big or better sounds u had a wall of base at the back near djs box my mate put it up and u where deaf has u left many manday nights there see carl cox on 19/04/93 has my kid was born thats same night at 0415 so seen him and my kid born had to RUSH back home to liverpool to see kid the looks i got from now my ex she was on gas and air and i was on a pure high E some of the dj stu allen carl cox dave gerham si edwards and may more i spent 18 months every monday till the last night there does anyone have mixs from 91-93@mr smiths

S

salina

frenzy - blackpool

shaboo - blackpool

hacketts - blackpool

sterns (bagleys) - london

quadrant park - liverpool

hard dock - liverpool

hacienda - manchester

danceteria - manchester

liberty's - sale

hamiltons - stockport

shelly's - stoke

ricky's - leeds

the kitchen - darkest manchester (for sentimental reaons)

S

salina

He flitted off to the far east, came back for a bit, then shot off there again as far as I know!

he is back in the studio has just launched his own label, has just gone through some weather trauma thing but is doing great and enjoying life at present

click bowlers link under my siggy there is a write up on there plus a few hard to get mixes

or go to his punk pussy records myspace page and check the new tracks he has done (the scratch remix he actually did for me personally, i was hugely honoured)

djpencil

Jul 27, 2007
south coast
well i live on the south coast and couldnt drive back then so didnt really venture much out of my home town but the clubs that made my life great back in the day were in no perticular order

sturns - worthing -
first time i went there was on a coach and there used to be a raffle on the way up the winner used to win extacy , i never won that bloody raffle , i did however get so messed up that some one offered me a drink i thought it was coke but it was boiling hot coffe and burnt my mouth badly and had to endure painful gurning for the rest of the night

kevs house / remix - bournemouth -
best sound system i have ever heard in a nightclub ever!! the bass used to make you feel sick , had the most open e sellers ive ever seen in a club

madisons - bournemouth
great club everyone knew eachother , had some great nights there back in the day

eclipse - never went but always bought the tape packs it was the one club i always wanted to go to

empire club - bognor regis - brilliant club only went a few times but was always fun

whiskys - bournemouth
very small but one of the first places i went to that got me into the music

raindance - matchams lane bournemouth
the biggest rave i ever went to , the only trouble was that we got ripped off on our pills and couldnt get any more than a few each for the night guttted
and i had to get home in the boot of a car as therre was no room , caught a chest infection from the exuast fumes lol

wildcat_j

Jun 4, 2006
The Rhumba Club, Various
The Pelican, Aberdeen
Fever, Aberdeen
Sub Club, Glasgow
Streetrave, Various
The Tunnel, Glasgow
Fat Sams (Dave Calikes playing), Dundee
Pure, various

The above were seminal Scottish clubs or nights and did not involve the horrendous Tartan Happy Hardcore that swamped the scottish scene later and almost killed it up here

Big nights for me on my travels to England

Eclipse
Renaissance
Cream (earliest years)
Ministry
back to basics
up yer ronson

what kind a stuff did the pelican and fever play?

for me, it has to be zone.. wigan pier... golden stoke that made all the difference.... oh angels and monroes too....

PH!

Aug 30, 2007
The Rhumba Club, Various
The Pelican, Aberdeen
Fever, Aberdeen
Sub Club, Glasgow
Streetrave, Various
The Tunnel, Glasgow
Fat Sams (Dave Calikes playing), Dundee
Pure, various

The above were seminal Scottish clubs or nights and did not involve the horrendous Tartan Happy Hardcore that swamped the scottish scene later and almost killed it up here

Word. :thumbsup:

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
what kind a stuff did the pelican and fever play?

Fever played pretty much anything on the go at the time. A mixed bag

Pelican played a mix early days but then moved more underground and techno later on, it was a more credible night later days when the scene went tits up here with the happy hardcore shite, Fever was gone by that time

Rhumba carried the torch for years after that

FUNKYRED

Aug 24, 2007
MANCHESTER
best clubs

have to agree damo 72 on this one with the addition of angels in burnley, then on to banshee! if u wanted dodgy clubs, banshee had it all, but for some reason it was mint. but to me the "hippodrome" was the bollox! when the lights came on when your love or nara minewas playin! the club was having it as one, have never experienced anything like it again!

hippodrome
pleasuredome
angels
banshee
millionaire- the wiggly worm
sequins
wigan pier
vogue
the zone
bowlers
goodgreef-philips park hall
gatecrasher - until it burnt down a few weeks ago R.I.P