Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Now that doesn't sound like Leicester lolol :$

Further down the road from there. Birstall

yeah, didnt feel alltogether safe so we cut our losses before / in case it got any worse, after all it was NYE , didnt want to be 'trapped' there and not be able to get in anywhere else.
Just re-iterated the general concensus that we rarely went out in town as there was often too many dickheads :|

and Birstall... other side of town from me I reckon, hence why I'm not all that familiar with it :thumbsup:

Joey BSide

Dec 13, 2006
Sleazers Palace. LE4 2 Tha Floor
Just re-iterated the general concensus that we rarely went out in town as there was often too many dickheads :|

and Birstall... other side of town from me I reckon, hence why I'm not all that familiar with it :thumbsup:

I'm hearing you there. Part of the baggage that came with a town night out. I remember a Babble night @ Starlight 2001 being just as horrendous due to the ChurchGate infiltration.

OK I'm guessing Oadby/Wigston then?

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
I'm hearing you there. Part of the baggage that came with a town night out. I remember a Babble night @ Starlight 2001 being just as horrendous due to the ChurchGate infiltration.

OK I'm guessing Oadby/Wigston then?

ish... Ive lived in South Wigston before, also Countesthorpe, Hinckley / Burbage , Narborough, Littlethorpe, Broughton Astley and Lutterworth, so all the same sort of area / side
:thumbsup:

not sure if i wet starlight 2001 , been to streetlife once or twice, but cant remember if that was the name of the club or the name of the night and it was at Starlight 2001 :confused:

simzzzz

think this just depends on what kneck of the woods you was living in at the time. Each area had its big clubs that that they swore by and most people into the scene had heard of.

for me the early Hummingbird 1989-90 was top nights and DJ'S which set me off into the world of rave
Also the Eclipse Coventry, prob 1st regular club allnighter around 90-91 when the scene was massive.:thumbsup: some propper top acts played here.:thumbsup:

Brock Landers

Staff member
In absolutely no order:

Quadrant Park - Liverpool - A fleeting visit.
Hacienda - Manchester - A fleeting visit.
pleasuredrome - Farnworth - A fleeting visit, went twice I think and at the time preferred the Pier. From memory, it was only popular because it was easier to get pills into the place.
The Pier - Wigan - From early days - Malc tearing up the chicago house and everything afterwards. Where is he now? Did he ever make up with Welly?
Maximes - Wigan - Loads of inspirational djs whose names escape me at this moment. The Marsh Green crew in full bubble jacket attire whilst enduring 120 degree conditions and wondering why people were worried about them. Full on piano AND breakbeat mayhem all under one roof. Absolute heaven for a time.
The Park - Charnock Richard - Still my favourite memories from this time. Friday nights Progressive house with Pig C? The podium to the right of the DJ box holds some very special memories for me and my mates.
Cream - Liverpool - The hardcore security entrance followed by the anticipation of what was to come. Set of the old cream days, Carl Cox in the courtyard following Trevor Rockliffe. The football match reception and the banging tunes were fantastic. The fact that I wasn't "into" techno at the time and out of 50 of us that travelled over, there was only me and the missus that experienced it made it all the more special. The rest were resolutely put to sleep by Doc Martin in the main room.

I love Carl Cox.

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
What club(s) or club night(s) really made the difference for you

For me....

MacMillian's sunday club - Yarm mid/late 80's
Monday nights @ Bennetts - M'bro mid 80's
High on Hope late 80's I remember one night Gwen Guthrie doin a PA amazing voice,amazing club...
Love @The Wag & Second Base yep I was a bit of a 'trouble' fan..
Soul II Soul
Club Havana - M'bro 89/90
The Brain early 90's
Ophelia @ The Gardening Club early 90's
Club UK & MoS early/mid 90's
The Arena - M'bro early/mid 90's
Sugar Shack - M'bro mid 90's

You missed off

The Eclipse Stockton
Philmores
Blaises
MacMillians u18 nights on a Wednesday ( What ever happened to DJ Marcus)

noggy

Mar 6, 2005
legends 90-92 atmosphere was electric
hacienda,musically the best
thunderdome warrington
thunderdome manchester
club4 all nighters,was an absoloute looney bin
and dc10 ibiza is just off the scale and still is!

not in order

Angels.....Burnley
Bowlers....Trafford
Monroes...Gt Harwood :love:
Zone (Jenks Shaboo).......Blackpool
Ark...Preston
Oz....Blackpool
Brick House...Wigan (Sunday Afternoons) :fekked:
Kinetic....Stoke (Digital)
Empire... Morecambe Allnighters :love:
Maximes...Wigan
Pier (D.A.D)...Wigan
Various Parties...Blackburn

Did anybody else here go to the Empire Christmas Day Night :love:

alexbennett

Aug 11, 2005
Kidderminster
www.mixcloud.com
think this just depends on what kneck of the woods you was living in at the time. Each area had its big clubs that that they swore by and most people into the scene had heard of.

for me the early Hummingbird 1989-90 was top nights and DJ'S which set me off into the world of rave
Also the Eclipse Coventry, prob 1st regular club allnighter around 90-91 when the scene was massive.:thumbsup: some propper top acts played here.:thumbsup:

are you on about the snapper club simzzz
most exellent...
my first raves