The club(s) that made the difference

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
pleasuredrome farnworth 91/92. hardly missed a nite for about 6 months. then missed the last nite to sit outside shelleys on a freezin nite in a campervan wasted cos it was packed out. laughin.
Bowler (92/93) - u realise now it was gettin too commercial, but those velcro suits were wicked and the atmosphere in the early days was rockin. Didnt like the price of ice-pops tho. :(
legends(91-93) - Top nites, even better NYEs.
quadrant park (91) - but as my mum would say - just keep away from that allnighter ! :naughty:
zone (92) - was like going campin, packin the car with quilts n weed, and off on ur travels with ur mates. Still got the holiday pics of us all squashed up in the car lookin mashed. Cant wait show em the kids .:S
Monroes (92) - as above! and drivin for feckin miles in convoys that never got anywhere. lovin it.
Golden (93-96) (went uni in stoke, had some top nites at both the cube and acadamy venues)
Renaissance (94 - 96) - Top NYE dos in the big mansion n marquees in mansfield for a couple of yrs :thumbsup:
Cream (93 -96) i remember Jeremy Healy in the little room rippin in up. knobhead, but class. Had their birthday bash on my birthday weekend every yr too. (94 - - Kylie n her fishnets and LBD. Would say this definitely made a difference:love:)
Hani's Gentlemens Drinking club, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (2001 -2003). Definitely underground !! :gigolo:
Ravenhead Club, Toll Bar, St Helens (2003-to present). Good snooker, top pint. No women. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jason Q

Dec 20, 2006
Sunderland
Doesn't seem to be that many from up here in the North East.....So here goes:-

The Blue Monkey - Sunderland (the original not the Chav Palace that uses it's name now).

The Venue - Spennymoor

Zone (Venue) - Blackpool

Sugar Shack - Middlesbrough

Cream - Liverpool

Jason.

:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Hazy without a shadow :love:

Never ever thought it could be like back in the day again... Hazy proved me wrong.. it had it all.. tunes... people... atmosphere... and WHAT an atmosphere... \o/

I'm fucking gutted that I missed these nights and you're just making it worse:p :|

If it's that good, then what about a reunion Hazy promoters!:thumbsup: :)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Doesn't seem to be that many from up here in the North East.....So here goes:-

The Blue Monkey - Sunderland (the original not the Chav Palace that uses it's name now).

Jason.

:)

Ive never heard any one else mention this place before now m8 ;)

Here have a butchers :thumbsup:

Attachments

• All Nighter III @ The Blue Monkey Sunderland Sun 24th May 1992.jpg
    All Nighter III @ The Blue Monkey Sunderland Sun 24th May 1992.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 365
  • All Nighter III @ The Blue Monkey Sunderland Sun 24th May 1992 rear view.jpg
    All Nighter III @ The Blue Monkey Sunderland Sun 24th May 1992 rear view.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 874

Joey BSide

Dec 13, 2006
Sleazers Palace. LE4 2 Tha Floor
Having close mates that went Top Ranking and no transport made it even more harder to get to these but that's what made this so good.

Head, Nemesis, Total Kaos, High Spirits, Babble, Safe House(High Spirits with violence) - All Leicester
Venus - Notts
Progress, Hot To Trot - Derby
Tall Trees - Yarm
Eclipse - Coventry
Shellys - Stoke
Milwalkees - Northants
Final Frontier, Sabresonic - London
Ibiza full stop.

Various events: Fantazia, Raindance, etc.etc.

Many more but these provided the building blocks for what my clubbing and music career has been about now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Not many life changing ones ;) but a few :thumbsup:

Sett End (where it all began)

Hacienda - My church

Monroes - fuckin blindin little joint right on the doorstep :thumbsup:

Legends - totally unique and bloody glad i made it :thumbsup:

Shellys - The legends of the midlands :love: really wish i could go back again :(

The Orbit - Became home away from home for over 10 yrs

Hacketts - never had a bad night in there ever!

Eclipse - Just kept goin back for more phones:

Manhattens blackburn - met some lifelong friends and shared some crazy times with folks goin here :love:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Cool. I think on it's day it was as good as what was going on at the time. Jon Pleased Woman was about the best set of '95 I saw.

yeah the choice wasnt great around Leicester at the time so it was good when that got going, saved having to travel too far afield if you couldnt be arsed :thumbsup: . Atmosphere was good in there too :thumbsup:

Joey BSide

Dec 13, 2006
Absolutely. I remember Leicester enjoying a really barren spell after the glory days of the Nemesis All-Nighters at Luxor and Club Nemesis. In fact 1993 was a total write-off and I don't mind admitting the odd Saturdays in Spencers downstairs. Oh the humanity

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Absolutely. I remember Leicester enjoying a really barren spell after the glory days of the Nemesis All-Nighters at Luxor and Club Nemesis. In fact 1993 was a total write-off and I don't mind admitting the odd Saturdays in Spencers downstairs. Oh the humanity

lol, my mate used to work behind the bar there, think it was in 94 though

I just used to fack orf to Birmingham or wherever most of the time , or just have our own doo's :thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Hahahahaha I got threw out for knocking the speakers over to SL2 - Way In My Brain. NOT PROUD.

:naughty: scandalous. :p

think Ive set foot in there once, for one drink, to meet up with aforementioned mate before heading off out for NYE to the Underground then DieHard, lol :D

which area's LE4 anyway? just being nosey, like

Joey BSide

Dec 13, 2006
:naughty: scandalous. :p

think Ive set foot in there once, for one drink, to meet up with aforementioned mate before heading off out for NYE to the Underground then DieHard, lol :D

:eek: DIEHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dummy: And you call me scandalous. The Underground was wasted. Typical of Leicester at the time. Some potentially good nights not supported. I'll never forgive people for letting the White Room close down. And Fridays at the Planet had some of the best Techno DJ's in the UK on all the time playing to about 20 people. Shocking.

Sleazers Palace of LE4 backs onto the A6 A mile after the Red Hill Flyover

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
:eek: DIEHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dummy: And you call me scandalous. The Underground was wasted. Typical of Leicester at the time. Some potentially good nights not supported.
Sleazers Palace of LE4 backs onto the A6 A mile after the Red Hill Flyover

first and last time actually mate :D it was an emergency dash too after we left the underground because it was full of attitude that night :naughty:

and im still not sure where you mean but hazarding a guess at Loughborough area maybe? :confused: