The club(s) that made the difference

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Have to say either Bowlers or Angels. Loved Bowlers, first "real club" that I went to regularly, but I really have some ace memories from Angels. Loved the layout of the club. Sounds minging, but the intense heat downstairs, combined with pharmacueticals, just an ace feeling. Especially with the speakers punching a hole in your ear drums, and the dj being in touching distance of the dancefloor. Brilliant club. Cream and then 'Crasher. However, after all these clubs I always somehow ended up in the Mos Eisley Cantina afterwards.

Helikewl

Oct 11, 2007
The Abyss (Orlando)
Marz (Cocoa Beach)
Brassys (Cocoa Beach)
Barbarellas (Orlando)
Firestone (Orlando)
Zen Festival (Lakeland)
NY South(Cocoa Beach)
The Edge (Orlando)
Aahz (Orlando)
Coliseum (Daytona Beach)
The Village (Melbourne/Palm Bay)

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
One of the places that I experienced that i think really made a difference:

Eclipse,coventry. Britains first legal all-night dance club. No drinks licence therefore open 8pm until 8am every friday and saturday from October 1990. Basically just a bingo hall with 20k inside. 3 floors including a balcony. If you were on the lower floor you could see the ceiling above you bouncing up and down. Took about 2 days for your hearing to return to normal. Also, many of the countrys big name acts on the same bill eg Amnesia - stu allen, carl cox, fabio, grooverider, top buzz, sasha. Got a feeling the prodigy played there first PA here too.

:thumbsup:

YouTube - The Eclipse 1990 - The Video - midlands rave club Coventry 1990 Video Part 1 /3

Last edited: