R.IP. Anthony H Wilson

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
He needed the expensive new drug Sutent which is an aleternative to Chemo, people with Cheshire post codes were given help to fund treatment, Manchester weren't. See Mr Radish's post earlier. Postcode feckin' lottery! :confused:

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Very sad news. A one off, and probably did more in the 80's to put Manchester on the map than anyone since Karl Marx. The Manchester boom we see today owes him more than many people would ever like to admit.

Massive loss.

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Thought I'd post on here, he died last night, sadly missed. I'm guessing that there probabally would be no scene in 1988 if he and the gang hadn't have had the insite to form Factory records and fund the bottomless pit of money that was The Hacienda. He stayed true to his Manchester roots till the end.

Couldn't agree more Steve. :cool:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Fuck the government for not giving him the drugs a dying man needed

Not the time really, but it was a local Manchester Health Authority decision not the Government. Manchester choose to spend their budget on other treatments, it was not personal.

He got the drugs and they did not buy him much time anyway.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
He needed the expensive new drug Sutent which is an aleternative to Chemo, people with Cheshire post codes were given help to fund treatment, Manchester weren't. See Mr Radish's post earlier. Postcode feckin' lottery! :confused:

thats fuckin stinks!!!! what makes cheshire folk any different to anyone else!!!! what a load of old bollox!!! i hope whoever makes these kinds of desicions gets herpes!!!! :thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
thats fuckin stinks!!!! what makes cheshire folk any different to anyone else!!!! what a load of old bollox!!! i hope whoever makes these kinds of desicions gets herpes!!!! :thumbsup:

We have green Welly's and expensive house's Debs! ;)

In truth, Cheshire patients will not get some treatments, people in Manchester do. It's all down to how they decide top spend their budget.

Swings and roundabouts. The NHS cannot afford all treatments for all people.

nigel3111

Apr 30, 2006
Leeds
RIP Tony Wilson

A legend has died, the great man co responsible for the HACIENDA and Factory records will be surely missed.

RIP Tony and thanks for the good times !!

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
very true

A legend has died, the great man co responsible for the HACIENDA and Factory records will be surely missed.

RIP Tony and thanks for the good times !!

I coulnt of said it n e better,top man with a deffinate influence of club life in manchester ,respect

Neil H

Mar 15, 2006
Runcorn
A true music legend. He saw in bands what others missed. A real loss to the music world and all the 24hr party people.

RIP Tony Wilson :wave:

andycalder

Jan 7, 2007
Th'Owdam
"And you, forgotten, your memories ravaged by all the consternations of two hemispheres, stranded in the Red Cellars of Pali-Kao, without music and without geography, no longer setting out for the hacienda where the roots think of the child and where the wine is finished off with fables from an old almanac. That’s all over. You’ll never see the hacienda. It doesn’t exist.
The hacienda must be built."

situationist text that gave the Hacienda its name and philopshy

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Just got back from holiday and was shocked & saddened to hear of Tony's passing. I met him in 1995, We passed him a demo tape of our band whilst we played at a festival in Verdin park, Northwich, We never heard anything back from him but what the hell !!!. He was a very approachable man who had his finger right on the pulse of modern music. The marquee hushed as he walked in & you could hear the excited bands whispering "Tony Wilsons here...!!!":cool:

I bet he's sat in a bar now up there with John Peel :thumbsup:

My condolences to his family.

-DZ