R.IP. Anthony H Wilson

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
What was his love of the number one all about Steve .. .you seem to know.

Didn't ALL end in one....

All the label's releases (both music and video) were given a catalogue number of the form FAC followed by a number. This numbering system was also applied to other Factory "productions", including posters (FAC 1 advertised a club night), The Haçienda (FAC 51), a hairdressing salon (FAC 98), a broadcast of Channel 4's The Tube (FAC 104), sellotape (FAC 136), a bucket on a restored watermill (FAC 148), the Haçienda cat (FAC 191), a bet between Wilson and Gretton (FAC 253), and a radio advertisement (FAC 294). Factory Benelux releases were similarly numbered (FAC BN or FBN), but the numbers were restricted to record releases.

Numbers were not allocated in strict chronological order - numbers for Joy Division and New Order releases generally ended in 3 or 0, A Certain Ratio and Happy Mondays in 2, The Durutti Column in 4. Factory Classical releases were 226, 236 and so on.

Despite the demise of Factory Records in 1992, the catalogue is still active, with recent additions including the 24 Hour Party People film (FAC 401), its website (FAC 433) and DVD release (FACDVD 424).

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Exactly the way I felt when John Peel died (RIP)

Left me numb for a few months :|

I was the same with John Peel, for some reason it really pissed me off. I am sad of course about Tony, but not quite as bad. I don't know why- i just felt somehow i knew John Peel personally and that i had actually lost someone i knew:axe: