Dec 21st 2012 debate

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
I just Hope the poles dont switch & if they do they take a long time 2 do so , if they switch quick then we are all fucked !! I think this is gonna be a big big topic when it comes to 2012

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
I had a quick flick through can't be assed watching all that lol i don't believe any off this crap i actually feel sorry for them!

They just play History chinese whispers & keep changing the text of History making it more believable to themselfs so they can keep enjoying what they do!

There so desprate to find a phenomenon or what ever word suits it! but as long as there having fun its cool!

There is great scientists that do real wonders for us & there is the deluded scientists!

I dont agree with this view at all monty m8 , deluded scientists lol !

Crazy Deluded reply bt i respect your view mate

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
I just Hope the poles dont switch & if they do they take a long time 2 do so , if they switch quick then we are all fucked !! I think this is gonna be a big big topic when it comes to 2012

Oh yeah, come 2012 this will be huge news, a few more bumz'll be twitching then i bet. lol

I spoke to some1 at work about it yesterday, amazing how fast they brush things like this aside without even learning facts??? So quick to judge like nothing could ever happen to them?

It's very interesting how diff' ppl react to things, ignorance is bliss as they say. ;)

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Really tho ppl, this is a real event, more of you must have an opinion on this?

This is about it

tinfoilhat.jpg

Tinfoil hats and CT monkeys. Same as the 911 mob and the even more stupid Obama Birthers. Youtube haas a lot to answer for.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I don't really get this? Surely the centre of the galaxy, the sun, and the earth all line up twice a year? Once with the earth in the middle, and once with it on the outside. What's special about 2012?

Saying that though, it's never going to be a straight line anyway. :S :confused:

Also, surely the moon as a much greater gravitational effect on us that the centre of the galaxy, and we don't all explode every time there is an eclipse! lol

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
I don't really get this? Surely the centre of the galaxy, the sun, and the earth all line up twice a year? Once with the earth in the middle, and once with it on the outside. What's special about 2012?

Saying that though, it's never going to be a straight line anyway. :S :confused:

Also, surely the moon as a much greater gravitational effect on us that the centre of the galaxy, and we don't all explode every time there is an eclipse! lol

Ok, let me try to explain...

Think of the old fair ground ride with the the horses that go up'n down, round'n round. Think of our earth and sun doing that. Our earth spins round our sun, our moon spins round our earth and all the planets that orbit our sun (including our sun) move round the centre of the milky way as well as moving up and down.

The up'n down part takes many thousands of years, and it's this up'n down part that lines things up. The black hole at the centre of the milky way has a flat beam of gravity (hence why all galaxys look flat). In dec 2012 we will move through this gravity field for the 1st time in nearly 26,000 years.

Most ppl don't realise that our sun and everything that orbits it also orbits the centre of out galaxy. Our planet and everything in space looks like it just sits in the same part of space, but in fact everything is moving thousands of miles an hour, but as the scale of space and most of its objects is so big, things seem to move very slow, were just talking about a mind bending amount of space that things travel through.

If a star is too close to a black hole (and there are 2 types we know of) the star well be sucked into it, now when i say close.... were talking about trillions of light years away. (for those that dont know how far a light year is: The speed of light can travel around our planet 7 and a half times in 1 sec, a light year is something that has taken 1 year to travel from point A to point B at the speed of light). The process of a black hole eating a star takes millions of years, but the power of it's gravity is so strong it's said that the reason it's black is it can suck in light, it pulls things in faster than the speed of light so light can't escape.

If you know anything about radio waves you can liken a black hole to an ariel. Normal ariels that transmit push the signal out in an umbrella effect and the signal can be picked up anywhere in that range. Liken that effect to gravity, then think of a bean antani directing the signal to a point its directed at. Gravity from the centre of our galaxy is like a circle of beam antani's directing a concentrated flat beam across space pulling everything towards it, unlike any planet that's a ball and pulls from all directions.

:thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
The black hole at the centre of the milky way has a flat beam of gravity (hence why all galaxys look flat).

Na, I'm not having that, lol. They're flat and spiral shaped because of angular momentum! They're not all like that though, there's also eliptical ones that are thought to be the result of two ore more galaxys colliding, and there's ones that look a total mess where the collisions haven't had time to settle down yet.

If you're thinking of beams like this, they're x-rays

Blackhole.jpg

I bet you a tenner that on the 21/12/12 fuck all happens :D :thumbsup:

* edit - should just point out that by "flat" it's several thousand light years.

Last edited:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Just thought of something else too....

If this happens ever 25,000 years, wouldn't the fossil record show mass extinctions every 25,000 years? Pretty sure it doesn't!

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
Just thought of something else too....

If this happens ever 25,000 years, wouldn't the fossil record show mass extinctions every 25,000 years? Pretty sure it doesn't!

They aint saying This causes Mass extinction are they , I thought they were saying they didnt no what will happen but extinction is a possiblity if poles move quick and causes earthquakes and the sea to rise n flood land .

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
They aint saying This causes Mass extinction are they , I thought they were saying they didnt no what will happen but extinction is a possiblity if poles move quick and causes earthquakes and the sea to rise n flood land .

OK, maybe not mass extinctions then, but there would surely be some evidence of repeated floods at regular intervals wouldn't there? :confused:

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
OK, maybe not mass extinctions then, but there would surely be some evidence of repeated floods at regular intervals wouldn't there? :confused:

im not sure mate , im not 2 clued up on science or history tbh , It amazes me how they are able 2 Gather acurate information from 25 thousand years ago , im not 100 percent convinced the data they have from that far back is acurate tbh .

Why do you think these scientist are speculating at such things , they must no more than us , or do you think they are deluded like monty says ?

Im not sure either way what to believe , i dont think they can have acurate data about climate from tht far back

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Na, I'm not having that, lol. They're flat and spiral shaped because of angular momentum! They're not all like that though, there's also eliptical ones that are thought to be the result of two ore more galaxys colliding, and there's ones that look a total mess where the collisions haven't had time to settle down yet.

If you're thinking of beams like this, they're x-rays

Blackhole.jpg

* edit - should just point out that by "flat" it's several thousand light years.

No we are not passing through the 'x-ray' of a black hole, that's just the stuff that the black hole spits out, we could never be anywhere near that, if we did the radiation from it would kill anything living in it's path.

Yes a galaxy is still very tall, but as you can see in that pic, generally it's flat, they are all flat as a pose to ball shaped like mostly everything else in space that's not a gas. Some galaxy's have hit each other and we can see diff' effects as a result, but in most cases galaxy's are flat.

We not talking mass extinction as such here, what we are talking about is an event that could give us some very extreme weather, more extreme than ever seen before and there is plenty of evidence of that about from the past, poles shifting, huge volcanic activity, floods like never seen in our time... etc, etc.

Back when this happened before life was nothing like it is today, the amount of humans and built up places on coast lines is like nothing the world has ever seen before, just think what 30ft of water could do, or 300mph winds? The weather system as we know it is set and we have built everything in places based on this normal system, this system could bigtime shift and change forever changing topics to cold places and vise-verse.

Dec21st 2012 is the peek of moving though this part of out galaxy, it will take several weeks to pass right through the most dence part. Were in no way are all going to die, however, it is a very real thing that millions could die as a result of extreme weather, entire places 'could' be wiped off the map forever.

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Im not sure either way what to believe , i dont think they can have acurate data about climate from tht far back

Soil is made up from layers, each layer will contain things that were growin on it at that time it rotted and turned into mud, tiny seeds or even bones can be found in soil so they can easy tell what the weather was like in that time, or if it was under water, they are called 'core samples'

They also have core samples from the north and south poles that are like time frozen in tme where they can tell by the layers deep enough from 1000s of years ago what the climate was like at that time and also use this data as a cross reference to other events like earthquakes, volcano's and even sea levels.

You can look up about core samples on the net and how they do it, what they have found, etc. You may even be suprised if you look and see what events took place 25,800 years ago according to real science.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
They also have core samples from the north and south poles that are like time frozen in tme where they can tell by the layers deep enough from 1000s of years ago what the climate was like at that time and also use this data as a cross reference to other events like earthquakes, volcano's and even sea levels.

You can look up about core samples on the net and how they do it, what they have found, etc. You may even be suprised if you look and see what events took place 25,800 years ago according to real science.

Was just going to say that I'd expect to see evidence in the ice core at regular intervals, that would certainly be interesting.

I'm not disputing that the Earth's poles (and climate) have shifted in the past, however, I'm not at all convinced that a black hole's gravitational field is a flat disc. That would mean you'd be able to sneak up on one if you traveled towards it perpendicular to the field, and I'm pretty certain that gravity doesn't work like that. :thumbsup:

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
i still dont believe it mate lol ive looked it up in past n still didnt believe . Never mind we will just have 2 wait n sea :)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003

I will gladly take your tenner :D

That date is only 3 years away and I'm pretty sure most of us will still be drinking / off our heads on things and as that is 4 days away from Xmas 2012 I bet something happens :pixie: / :fekked: :mad: