Dec 21st 2012 debate

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
If this event takes place we are talking a good few years of very extreme weather, 2012 is just the 'peek' year.

When you say "Only mass human extinction or partial wipeout will save earth anyway." What exactly do you mean mate? :thumbsup:

Humans are the biggest threat to the planet.

Look around mate, there are too many of us and we are sucking the place dry.

We have already worked out how to destroy all life and are close to creating it also. Time we left if we can't sort it out.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
If this event takes place we are talking a good few years of very extreme weather, 2012 is just the 'peek' year.

The thing is, even though our solar system is whizzing around orbiting the centre of our galaxy at a pretty fantastic speed, when you look at the size and scale of the whole thing, our progress through space is incredibly slow.

Even IF something catastrophic were to happen as we crossed the galactic plain, there's no possible way you could pin it down to one day. It's absolutely ridiculous. The whole crossing would take thousands and thousands of years.

If I remember rightly, our solar system crosses the galactic plain every 33 million years, so even if something were to happen, it would happen so slowly that you wouldn't even notice. :thumbsup:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
This is good advice here:

Originally Posted by NASA ask an astrobioligist site
Answer
I can’t explain it because it is just an Internet hoax. There is no alignment with the center of the Galaxy in 2012 or any time. As to the Sun being in the center of the Galaxy, that it impossible; the Sun and solar system will always remain at about 30,000 light years from the galactic center. These stories on the Internet are simply lies, and I am sorry if they have been a problem for you. A lot of the stuff on the Internet is wrong, and you have to learn to distinguish the truth from the lies. One simple test is to ask if any of these claims are made by real scientists, or if they have been reported in newspapers or on TV news. The stories about alignments or disaster striking in 2012 do not pass this test.

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist

Learn to distinguish the truth from the lies! <---- Could not put it better myself!

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
This is good advice here:

Originally Posted by NASA ask an astrobioligist site
Answer
I can’t explain it because it is just an Internet hoax. There is no alignment with the center of the Galaxy in 2012 or any time. As to the Sun being in the center of the Galaxy, that it impossible; the Sun and solar system will always remain at about 30,000 light years from the galactic center. These stories on the Internet are simply lies, and I am sorry if they have been a problem for you. A lot of the stuff on the Internet is wrong, and you have to learn to distinguish the truth from the lies. One simple test is to ask if any of these claims are made by real scientists, or if they have been reported in newspapers or on TV news. The stories about alignments or disaster striking in 2012 do not pass this test.

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist

Learn to distinguish the truth from the lies! <---- Could not put it better myself!

The internet is full of shit. It's also full of people ready to believe shit.

Perfect storm if you ask me.. . . which you did not.;)