Your Clubbing C.V.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

bucky

Between 91 and present day I've had some of the best nights ever at (in no order)

Legends in Warrington
Various nights at The Hacienda
Back to Basics at Pleasure Rooms / Music Factory
Hard Times at The Bel Air
Golden at The Void
Love To Be at Music Factory
Yellow at The Boardwalk
FUBAR at the Milk Bar
Out in the Sticks at The Bluenote
Bowlers at Trafford Park
The Orbit at Afterdark
Bugged Out at Sankeys Soap / Nation
Cream at Nation
Tribal Sessions at Sankeys Soap
The Redlight at Sankeys Soap

There's been loads more inbetween that maybe haven't lasted as long but have been just as good.

Some times I just enjoyed going to Athenaeum on York street in the early 90s as some of the music that played there was ace.

northern minx said:
here goes..:)

89-92 cant remember exact times so hav thrown em all together in order!

started with wed nites at the old hall in egremont in cumbria (the true home of gurning;) ) soon progressed to fridays coz it was that busy, people comin in bus loads 8/10 loved it

josephines in Barrow - umm doddgy 5/10

warehouse and outdoor farm raves:$ yes but there were dam good 9/10

raves in the caves @ coniston :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8/10

Hacketts :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: every week, absolutely loved it in there, in at half four on the barrels at half six, goin all nite.. 10/10 then it shut :cry: so went to -

loveshack :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: ooooh i loved it, it was like being wi family every week 10/10

angels - burnely, a few nites there, nice one 7/10

wigan pier - had some belters 8/10

legends- a rite good time, great little club, bloody loved it :) 8/10

then found the delightful
pleasuredrome, farnworth :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: amazing, week in week out
was devastated wen it shut and moved to bowlers 10/10

bowlers - umm never did like it really, had some good nites there but it wasnt intimate enuf for me so only 6/10

did the usuall all nighters, revenge, nemisis, jooce, renaissance, southport beach raves, ark, staylybridge is still a ? coz i was that minced i dont remember being there but was told i was!
all the services, bloody loved them:thumbsup: proper good crack
ibiza in 91:fekked: :fekked: needed a holiday wen i came back!

burnt out in nov of 92:fekked: pissed off travelling to go sort me head out!:$ :)

then eventually found osa! 2003
goodtimes, cometogether, timeless and
inho the ultimate hazydays - u got somat special there fellas:love: probably as near as we are gona get to wot it used to be like! :luv: :luv:

all in all, some of the best days and nites of my life.. :love: :love: xxx

nice thread btw, has made me remember some treasured moments xx
raves in the caves @ coniston 8/10all i remember about rave in the caves was that 300 ft drop down on the ledge we had to walk on it was shockin when you was e in your ed off

fast regi

Apr 8, 2003
lancs
think is why im so fond o hazy wi being in the army at the scenes height i missed fair bit of it, so hazy is nearest ill get to what it was like, plus met lot o top peeps through it, and if me health continues on the up as it is at moment ill be back at hazy every month pretty soon, cant feckin wait :)

Pissbag

Feb 2, 2005
pissed off
fast regi said:
think is why im so fond o hazy wi being in the army at the scenes height i missed fair bit of it, so hazy is nearest ill get to what it was like, plus met lot o top peeps through it, and if me health continues on the up as it is at moment ill be back at hazy every month pretty soon, cant feckin wait :)

same as reg..............been clubbing all over feckall comes close 2 hazy 4 the atmosphere and tunes :thumbsup:

the dj's arn't bad either :p phones: phones:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Konspiracy said:
Konspiracy..

5 POUND AND YOUR SAFE....

Nowadays, If some dodgy geezer asked me to pay to get in a club while I was still halfway up the road in the que to get in....I'd tell em to get to fuck.

...but at Konspiracy it worked. :thumbsup:

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
In 1992 and maybe very early 93 mainly Orange @ the Rocket (Holloway Rd. London)
Also Club Elevation @ Shaftesburys (Shaftesbury Ave London)
Also Remix in Bournemouth
Also Madisons in Bournemouth
Then 93 It was One Nation @ the Roller Express (Edmonton London)
Then A.W.O.L @ the Paradise club (Islingtion London)....think we're still in 94 now.
Labrynth in 94 up to 95 I think.
I'll stop there as I'm starting to get into the non-oldskool period IMO

Also over that time a fair few Illegals (Spiral / DIY etc) and a few big one offs (Vision / Ravelation / World Dance) and various other one off visits to other clubs.

Excellent thread btw.... I'm off to cry now....

Last edited:

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
1990 - 1993 - Followed the Sweat Soundsystem to all the Hippy Free Party's... Longstock, Castle Morton, Rake, Twyford Down, Dunsfold, Stock Bridge, Farnham, Winchfield, Odiham and dozens of Squat parties ...etc
1990 - 1992 - Evolution Partys @ Basingstoke and Farnborough
1991 - 1993 - Limelight / Rhythm Station - Aldershot - Various nights hosted by Fusion, Sweat and Shy Boyz
1992 - Sterns, Worthing
1993 - 3 Months in Greece Island Hopping and Dj'ing - Ios Island was the best though.... but ended up spending most of my time on Kos
1994 - Club UK Wandsworth
1994 - 1996 - Peach @ Cafe de Paris, Peach @ Leisure Lounge and Peach @ Camden Palace
1995 - 1996 - Bagleys, Kingscross

in between those places there were lots of one of nights in and around London.... and lots more Squat parties.

1997 - Started to re-build the brain Cells I had lost.

Mojo

Jan 27, 2005
Ricky`s in Leeds
1989 - 90 Astoria Leeds.

Cant remember much about the music as it was all new to me and i was off me ed, played stuff like bizz nizz

1990-92 Ricky`s Leeds.

Most memorable days of my life, Gary Norman played all the now great classic old skool tunes. The night felt like it was only 10 minutes long, gutted when 2am came, although it stopped each saturday on a high and couldnt wait for next saturday.

1991 -94 Back2basics Leeds

Good alternative to Ricky`s for a change of scene then became a regular, prefered the bottem floor with sasha style music against the rave int middle and souly R+B at the top.

1994 to date

Give it all up to get married, can only reminice(?) now :|

Inbetween did Quadrant park,Legends,Ark,Warehoue,Soaks,Kaos,Up yer Ronson,E pusse,6ft and a fish. Enjoyed seeing k klass and Together at the Warehouse.

Last edited:

matt1972

Sep 24, 2005
Here goes
Ricky's wednesday nights-Yargo-other side of midnight was a fine tune. I think Mark and Farrah may have had a hand in this
Joy at Leeds' Poly-"10 minutes till the new Nightmare on Wax record"!!!
Warehouse friday nights with Mikey and Roy
Kaos at Warehouse during summer and poly during autumn. As the man Mojo says the k-klass PA in July 1990 was good but even better was the August BH special with steve williams and sasha. 100's locked outside, Together PA'ing with the backwards speaking man! great tunes-I recall slam-phuture, an 808 triple header with let yourself go, cubik and cobra bora, apartment 1b-N.Y Housing Authority, Strings (Flam-boy-ant mix) and I think Oochie-Koochie may have been played also. the fire alarm went off and the bouncers knew who to let back in due to the sweatiness of the clothing!!
Kaos at poly during autumn was good with banarama only your love always getting played, I remember a Mr Monday PA and also Laurent garnier having a 'mare when trying to mix in "In the beginning"-Chuck Roberts with Strings of Life and having to start over again
1991-Ricky's saturday night with Gary Norman-satisfaction-dream frequency was a good 'un. he also caned Kung Fu Fighting!! and walking on sunshine by katrina and the waves!!! Incidently, Mojo, do you know the name of the song that went " this is the choice of a new generation" and had what sounded like machine gun fire that got played and, also, a tune that namechecked lots of cities then went "....everybody, the world" or something like that???
Kaos at the warehouse-predominantly with steve williams and tony ross with the former always playing Shamen-progen and Yankees-What's happened.
The Dream frequency/2 for Joy PA on 30/04/91 was a good night although I'm not sure if D.F. ever turned up and the PA went wrong for 2FJ. Mario brothers by Turntable Hype got played also which caused a bit of a laugh!! The mix of yankees into outlander that night was also a birrova classic with the "streets ahead" bit coming just before the main synth bit of the vamp.
Zero B PA in July was memorable, if only for the girl wigging out on stage whilst "Billy" performed-once seen never forgotten!!
Soak in July and Kaos August BH were a bit disappointing although the I remember bouncing round Ritz's to External group-Gravity at the latter.
various Arks at Leeds poly and kaos and tolerance at Bradford Poly were always good although bradford Poly always seemed to be plagued by fire alarms
A quality sasha set at Orbit Ossitt in summer was a great one as was his performance at Leeds warehouse NYE 1991/1992. Can anyone confirm that he played Just Another Chance-Reese early door on NYE or is it case of false memory syndrome?
Other 1991 events for me included a Rave at a speedway stadium in Kings Lynn in Autumn where a huge smile erupted on my face upon hearing someone play Acid Drill by edwards and armani (tune!!) and also when there were thousands all singing along to "Your Love"-prodigy.
After that things went a bit fragmented with things splitting into garage or prog or hardcore and no real integration of tunes, unlike say Kaos where Nosebleed techno was played next to italo mixed in with detroit and chicago
Eclipse presents T2 at an aircraft hanger in Thetford Forest was ok with Sasha but he didn't really fit in with the other (harcore) dj's
Sabresonic in Norwich. Jah wobble-bomba, plastikman-spastic, pierre's pfantasy club-dream girl all got played
Megadog at leeds Uni with Underworld and Chemical or Dust Brothers
Jeff Mills and dave Clark at Bugged Out, manchester
Things have been a bit quiet for me since then!!

Mojo

Jan 27, 2005
Ricky`s in Leeds
I remember a tune that said ` new york, london, paris, rome ,chicago,c`mon c`mon`. But i dunno what it was called.

I remember the Together gig at the warehouse, we all got evicted due to a fire alarm and they only let ppl back in who were soaking wet, it made the night when `hardcore uproar` came on, i was rushing me titties off. :thumbsup:

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
Just reading this thread now, and I think it is fair to say that there are a few northern monkeys that frequent this board, although I knew that anyway :D

From a northern, northern monkeys view (if you lot are northern monkeys then what are the Scots?)

...my clubbing CV is pretty simple (asides from some minor excursions south to Back2Basics):

1. 1990-1992 (ish) till it shut after getting burned down for an insurance job: Tin Pan Alley (which is now the strip club Diamond Dolls in Glasgow)
2. 1992 (ish) - 1996/7 (After Tin Pan Alley shut): Sub Club, Glasgow.

Tin Pan had the best DJ (Robert Boyd) in Glasgow playing the best music...and after that the Sub Club was a poor second with Slam DJ'ing as they were very, very garage house at the time (circa 91/92) and were a very poor second when it came to mixing. ...but then almost all DJs were a very poor second to him. He never got the recognition he deserved.

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
grover said:
still trying to remember my clubbing years lol

;)

uk_liverpool_empire_old.jpg

not sure on exact dates, but here goes

1986/87 pagoda (carlisle) matinique suit, white wine & soda, luther vandross :|
occasional trips to julies (newcastle)

1988/89 annabels (carlisle) tmc on the mix! various warehouses in carlisle (old powerstation etc),
remember the police blocking off willowholme ind estate and the following riot!(so said the local paper!) ;)
and a lad i knew called wazel smashing the window of chivers sports and running up abbey street with a
handfull of sergio tachinni? tracksuits! :D

1990/91 gemms (penrith)
northern minx said:
raves in the caves @ coniston :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8/10
went to one near great langdale (could be the same?) remember a big fvcking hole with crystal blue water
in it with eveybody dancing beside it - the g/friends (at the time) brother was the local copper :cops:
in grasmere and we stopped the weekend at the police house!...dodgy! :cops: :cops:

1992/93 gemms, rezerection (edinburgh), clouds (carlisle), phobia (carlisle) remember sqauring up to carl cox becouse he tried to 'nick' my mates headphones, ;)
streetraves (dumfries, ayr) one of my mates dj at a lot of the scottish streetrave events so went to quite a few
various raves all over scotland one in motherwell (wishaw) sticks in the memory dj yogi, pitbulls on the door, the only english there (6 of us)

1993/94 zone (jenks bar) (blackpool)
STUART said:
93-94 ish Zone @ Jenks all those bloody stairs
those stairs were a nightmare! the barrels were good tho!
only went to the venue once (new years eve - dont remember the year)

1994/95 not much really!

1996/98 fresh & funky (carlisle), perfect (carlisle), front page (carlisle) spent a couple of years on the guestlist (clubbings much better when its free!) :thumbsup:
dj'd a few times

err thats about it! im to old now!

still go out to one off nights in carlisle (last one of any note scratch perverts @ the brickyard)

oh and
various one off trips all over the north (hac, quadrant park, golden, empire(middlesbough), back2basics, orbit)

Too young for the first wave of raves... had some wicked nights out in small clubs in Essex in early 90s (used to listen in awe of the older lads at the supermarket recounting stories of raves they'd left only a couple of hours earlier 30mins down the A127/A13 and you're in East London). Never travelled much into London as mates just weren't into the music and were happy at the Esplanade on the seafront for a load of ale. Soon graduated to Oscars and the Berwick Manor, AWOL at the Paradise, nights like Energy at the Palace Theatre...you could hear the windows as they rattled to the bass line. Quality.

Wish I'd looked a bit older, then I could have got stuck in during the early days.

My clubbing hey day was 94 onwards, when I had cash and wasn't at home.

Camden Palace
Gardening Club
Velvet Rooms
Gass

Those above all mould into generic Friday nights out - where shall we go? errr, lets pop into town and see what's on...more often than not, drunk, spend 10er to get in, sack it off and go elsewhere

Labyrinth - hardcore \o/
The Fridge - far too hot lol
Turnmills - could get handbaggy, but up for it crowd
Lazerdrome - metal detectors put a lot of peeps off
Roller Express - Lea Valley Trading Estate (class address eh)

Adrenaline Village
Tyssen Street Studios

Both of those mainly hosted trance nights - so my memories of them are limited to 'big venues, lots of space, mattresses and sofas and chi tea'

Club UK - never managed to visit all floors when I went there - is it my poor memory, or did they have a luminous water feature like thing either by the door or going up those stairs? :fekked:

Monroes, Southend - baptism into dingy clubs :O)
Oscars, Clacton - class car journeys cross country, happy daze
Imperial Gardens - well dodge
Wembley - a big One Nation there, was far too rammed
SE1 / Arches / Happy Jaxx
Club UN - Desire / Telepathy etc
Cloud 9 - Strawberry Sundae - a regular for years
Chunnel Club - Sunnyside Up (now S33) - where the Strawbs crew would carry on all day Sunday after waiting 2 hours in the cold.
Stratford Rex - one offs
SW1 (now Pacha, Victoria) - Sunnyside moved here, lost its underground edge
Heaven / Soundshaft - Megatripolis
The Island, Ilford - apples, Leah Betts etc
The 414 - still going strong to this day and still a filth pit
Grays Inn - now closed (I think a strip joint)
The Cross
The End - aircon, water, decent wooden dancefloor - boss

Few squat parties in the middle of nowhere out West of London, couple of forays into regional clubs - like the WOK in Woking and one 'by a river' out near Guildford. Other than that, relatively London-centric - which is a bit sad, but matess didn't get the idea of travelling to clubs.

Stick to Hazy these days... getting lazy.

Last edited:

Venus_Glam

Dec 11, 2003
Toronto, Canada via Peterborough UK.
Hmmm ok here goes...

88-90..Living in Peterborough.

Used to be more into soul etc...starting going to places like the ATTIC, a weird mix of ravers and hip hoppers etc. Also started dabbling in raves up and down the country mainly some of the M25 things. Couple of them got raded which was interesting!

90-92...Moved to London.

Kia-Ora party at this small cinema in SOHO, forget the name. Terry Farley and Weatherall spinning, did my first E...all over from then on!

Pure Sexy @ The Milk Bar

GLAM! @ The Milk Bar .. remains my best clubbing experience, will never for get it. Crazy atmosphere of pure abandon with Rampling and Alfredo serving up a sexy mix of House and Garage. Amazing.

Kinky Disco - Shaftburys

FUBAR and All Back To Mine @ The Milk Bar

Love Ranch @ Maximus

Gardening Club

Various Puscha parties.

Tons of one-offs in London such as, Flying, Sign of the Times, Midnight Cowboy (Guerilla records 1st birthday party), Powaquatsi (Bagleys), Boys Own parties.

Venus in Nottingham all the time.

92- Moved to Canada, pretty much stopped going out..Toronto was all cheesy raves at that point.

96-2000.

Club called Industry opens in Toronto. Started going out again! Club really did alot to educate people in Toronto in terms of the whole scene. Brought alot of people to Toronto such as, Dave Clarke, Bassment Jaxx, Carl Cox, Sven Vath, Jeff Mills, Sasha, Weatherall, Morales, Knuckles to name a few. This club really created a pretty good scene in Toronto...now it's closed everything is SHITE AGAIN.

At this time also used to go to NYC quite a bit. Body & Soul, Twilo, Frankie Knuckles at Sound Factory Bar, Tenaglia at The Tunnel, The Warehouse.

Present....

Don't go out very often anymore..just a few small warehouse parties in Toronto once in a while or when someone good is in town. Coming back to the UK on the weekend of Dec 3rd for Ramplings last set at Turnmills. Gonna be good but also a bit odd to see all the old faces again!

:thumbsup: