Your Clubbing C.V.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
What's the list of clubs you've been to (apart from one offs)- chronological order, location, marks out of ten, with comments where appropriate. :)

Mine is:

1990:
Konspiracy, Manchester, 8/10
Mental place, loads of dancefloors. "Whizz, Acid, E" blatantly shouted down your ear-hole down the corridors, great tunes, great atmosphere.

The House, Manchester, 6/10 Decent little night

The Soundgarden, Manchester, 8/10
Spinmasters, 808 State Djing, from their infamous Sunset show. Tiny, boiling venue, but plenty of 1990 bleepy tunes to keep it rocking.

1991:
Solstice '91, The Academy, Manchester. Didn't last long, but summed up 1991 in a lot of ways - big tunes, big atmosphere. Playing with Knives was a mental hands in the air tune on the podiums- things were happening in '91! 9/10

Quadrant Park, Bootle, Liverpool. First went May '91, and how I wished I'd been going for a year previous! We went all Summer and the best atmosphere ever, ever, ever! Life changing shit. Still miss the feeling. 10/10

Pleasuredrome, Farnworth, Bolton. When Quad started to go off a bit, we went here every week 'till it shut, and were not dissappointed. DJ Welly - top atmosphere, top tunes. Just behind Quad by a whisker as my best ever club night. 9/10

1992:
Bowlers, Trafford Park, Manchester: Went to the first night, and a fair few after. Had some really good nights, but not quite at the fever pitch of Quad & PD, possibly due to being just a bit too big. 7/10

Wigan Pier: Some great nights, on a smaller scale 8/10

1993: Up Yer Ronson/ Back to Basics, Leeds:
At Uni now, and despite only being 19/20 years old, totally reminiscent of 'back in the day'. Had some decent nights, though mostly now with bottles of beer only. 7/10

:mad: :fekked:
Not on the scene much after that! Still, first few years are the best nights out for everyone. Repect to the '88 originals and to all clubbers that have come since! Respect to House, to Soul, to Punk, to Electro, to Hip Hop and to all underground music.

Cheers for the memories this sight has brought back, Smithy.

:turn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
Damn, wish I could edit - To change 'Your Cubbing C.V.' to clubbing- Too much red wine. :$

Have to mention the Hacienda also. When we started going out, late 1990, as 16 yr olds without any clobber, we reckoned we wouldn't get in. First went, I think, 1993, for the 'Wide' back to '89 night - fuckin' amazing - cheer that went up for the bassline kicking in for Liason D - Future FJP - TOP! (A certain Konspiracy (Neil) from this forum was the organiser of our lot going to that night!).

Wished I'd been a couple of years older at that point, but, looking back, can't complain with 1990 & 1991 as my formative years!

:mad:

truly-madly

Jan 12, 2004
Deepville
www.truly-madly.com
89 Amnesia, Ku, Pacha, Es Paradis, the stupid summer that stole a kid's soul. So fucking glad!

90-91 (Quadrant Park - pretty much every weekend, odd diversions to Shelleys, Konspiracy, Hacienda, Hacketts) Also Ibiza 90 and 91.

91-92 Pleasuredrome quite a bit, but had stopped going out religiously by then. Ibiza 92.

92-93 - Went to Life@ Bowlers a few times, and Carlos with Welly. Ibiza 93.

Since then on and off all over the place, only other regular stint I did was 94-96 every Wednesday @ Space, Bar Rhumba, Shaftsbury Ave, London. Quality deep house. I was almost as passionate about that as the Quad.

That's about it, I still go out but only every month or so. Mainly in Leeds, Rehab is good, depending on who's on. I'll be in Ibiza from the 18th June though!

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Hi m8

I can just about remember yesterday so here goes:)
Here a few of the main ones i used to frequent. My apologies to anyone i may of talked shit too in them :)

Ill skip the 1988/89 listings as i went somewhere different pretty much every week-but did all the orbital parties(sunrise,weekend world,energy,biology etc) not all 10/10 as some would have you believe but most good.Best of them i would say Midsummer Nights Dream (the infamous Ecstasy Airport rave)+Energy's @ Nr Guildford+Raydon.Also used to frequent Land of oz/limelights/buzbys etc etc.

1989/92 - RAINDANCE a religion at the time

1990-Braintree Barn - Braintree Essex - MR C resi Adamski,Frankie Bones the lot, wicked- 10/10

1991-Totoos-Frating Essex - Mental place all the usual suspects from MAW to Mickey finn, MRC and Matthew B resi -

1990/91 Eclipse Cambridge - Mad nights in superb venue and crackin sound system

1990/91 Berwick Manor occaisional trips to this superb club, Dj Squirral/orange crew rockin it if i remember rightly?

1992/94-Destiny Oscars, Clacton Pier- Absolute fantastic nights here, huge line ups on their all niters 5 rooms!-

1993/94 - The Drum Club,Soundshaft London - The best music ive ever heard and wicked crowd,Billy Nasty,Fabi Paras,Charlie Hall and everyone from Sven Vath to Ritchie Hawtin. My favorite ever club!

1994 The Zap Brighton monday nights Emerson etc Fuked my week up always

1994/96 Club uk Wandsworth, woah scares me even thinking of how messy that gaff was lol

1994/96 The Pinch Gardening Club london- My favourite dj Fabi Paras resident on a tuesday - class!

1994/95 Megatripolis Heaven - Bangin nights with market stalls and all lol.

1996-2004 various clubs but mainly The End,Fridge,Tribal Gatherings etc

Phew i wanna go out now !
Also gutted that at the time i didnt venture too much as all my mates visited Quadrant Park/Hac/Orbit/Sterns etc and still wind me up today. Guess i was happy where i was at the time:)
:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruffenuff

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
I never made it further down than Stoke mate, and it sounds like you're describing some top night there!

Used to love the Adamski album (pre-Seal) and also the first Baby Ford album
Still got both stuck away somewhere :D

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Been to so many in all my world travels, so I'll just name the one's I frequented most often.

92-94: Aahz in Orlando Florida nearly every weekend, best club ever for me.
Marz in Cocoa Beach Florida, The Village in Melbourne Florida, The
Collosium in Daytona Florida, The Edge and Barbarellas in Orlando.
95-97: Club UK in Wandsworth London. Absolutely loved it! The Complex in
London, Return to the Source at The Fridge in Brixton London.
98-03: Pompeii in Phoenix Arizona, The Nile in Mesa Arizona, Desert Trance
Society raves in various desert location in Arizona, The Radius in
Scottsdale Arizona
Now: The Lizard Lounge in Dallas Texas, Liquid in Dallas Texas.

Jules031272

Sep 15, 2002
London
AB45 said:
1993/94 - The Drum Club,Soundshaft London - The best music ive ever heard and wicked crowd,Billy Nasty,Fabi Paras,Charlie Hall and everyone from Sven Vath to Ritchie Hawtin. My favorite ever club!

1994/96 The Pinch Gardening Club london- My favourite dj Fabi Paras resident on a tuesday - class!

AB, a totally random memory of mine - you remember when Sasha turned up in 1993 i think it was, playing Quivver - Saxy Lady and all that...roocccckkkinnnn.

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Jules031272 said:
AB, a totally random memory of mine - you remember when Sasha turned up in 1993 i think it was, playing Quivver - Saxy Lady and all that...roocccckkkinnnn.

Sure do m8
Remember seeing him at the drum (think he played there a few times)and he played Follow Me - Jam and Spoon near the end of his set and the place exploded - good times indeed. :thumbsup:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Man Alive said:
Have to mention the Hacienda also. When we started going out, late 1990, as 16 yr olds without any clobber, we reckoned we wouldn't get in. First went, I think, 1993, for the 'Wide' back to '89 night - fuckin' amazing - cheer that went up for the bassline kicking in for Liason D - Future FJP - TOP! (A certain Konspiracy (Neil) from this forum was the organiser of our lot going to that night!).

lol - I remember that night, six of us crammed in mi mums old VW Polo trundling along the M62 at 35mph stuck behind a big van full of chickens..I couldnt see a feckin thing for all the feathers :fekked: :fekked: :cool:

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
rave cv

1989 - Lots of independant nites put on around Edinburgh (acid/house)
1990 - The wee red bar (Edinburgh Art College - New beat,Euro techno)
1990-1994 Metropolis,Saltcoats, Awesome 101 events, Calton Studios, Technodrome rave, Earthquaker rave, Fubar,9c club,Rezerection Raves (covering euro,breakbeat and italian piano)

Highlight - everything above..

E

easty

Here goes mine

The amber club (newton heath) - absolute joke of a club , but you have to start somewhere. Crappy rnb with the best tune being Keith Sweat - twisted

Fifth Avenue - indie club in town, not a bad night, full of birds and top tunes

The Hacienda - caught the last year or so of it's existence, even though it was not at it's peak, it was still a real eye opener for an 18 year old

Maximes - what can you say about this place? It's my hacienda, shoom and shelleys all rolled into one

The world - We kept going here for about a year, big tunes phats n small turn around and armand van helden

Step Back - from the music box to the academy ,this was manchesters best ever old skool night by far

Timeless - QUALITY

These days - no longer possess a social life

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
erm

AB45 said:
Hi m8

I can just about remember yesterday so here goes:)
Here a few of the main ones i used to frequent. My apologies to anyone i may of talked shit too in them :)

Ill skip the 1988/89 listings as i went somewhere different pretty much every week-but did all the orbital parties(sunrise,weekend world,energy,biology etc) not all 10/10 as some would have you believe but most good.Best of them i would say Midsummer Nights Dream (the infamous Ecstasy Airport rave)+Energy's @ Nr Guildford+Raydon.Also used to frequent Land of oz/limelights/buzbys etc etc.

1989/92 - RAINDANCE a religion at the time

1990-Braintree Barn - Braintree Essex - MR C resi Adamski,Frankie Bones the lot, wicked- 10/10

1991-Totoos-Frating Essex - Mental place all the usual suspects from MAW to Mickey finn, MRC and Matthew B resi -

1990/91 Eclipse Cambridge - Mad nights in superb venue and crackin sound system

1990/91 Berwick Manor occaisional trips to this superb club, Dj Squirral/orange crew rockin it if i remember rightly?

1992/94-Destiny Oscars, Clacton Pier- Absolute fantastic nights here, huge line ups on their all niters 5 rooms!-

1994 The Zap Brighton monday nights Emerson etc Fuked my week up always

1994/96 Club uk Wandsworth, woah scares me even thinking of how messy that gaff was lol

1994/95 Megatripolis Heaven - Bangin nights with market stalls and all lol.

1996-2004 various clubs but mainly The End,Fridge,Tribal Gatherings etc

Phew i wanna go out now !
Also gutted that at the time i didnt venture too much as all my mates visited Quadrant Park/Hac/Orbit/Sterns etc and still wind me up today. Guess i was happy where i was at the time:)

pretty much the same as above. too pissed to retype. my faves are club 4 life, telepathy, raindance, come dancing, malibu staceys, rennaisance and peach

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
nathan said:
pretty much the same as above. too pissed to retype. my faves are club 4 life, telepathy, raindance, come dancing, malibu staceys, rennaisance and peach

Yeah we knew where it was at m8 lol

Also went to Club for Life too Nathan. Lawrence Nelson was shit hot back then. Also did you go to Love Ranch or Milk Bar?

Man we could be twins, you aint got Dark hair, outstanding sense of humour ,about 5'9'', body of an Adonis and a 12"wanger have ya? If so - My twin Bro!! At last i have found you!
lol :D

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
wtf am I doing on here at 3 in the morning...Make your own mind up, yes Ive no life....

In answer to your question Andy (but you know already...)

Hacienda...Walked in there and realised that my life was going to change forever...Future FJP...How 2 House...Carly Simon...Fools Gold....Being 16...10/10

Lazylils / Devilles

The best kept secret in Manchester.. The only place you could hear the Roses and Future FJP together...10/10

Konspiracy..

A place where you could go without some beeeatch saying you couldnt get in..Downstairs, balearic bliss..upstairs belgian / US / Italian perfection..the caves..the JAM MCs...THE BUSINESS....10/10

5 POUND AND YOUR SAFE....

See Above...plus Thursday Temperance Nights...Dave Haslam :thumbsup: 10/10

The Hac closed but it needed to, too many binheads....Shelleys....too far but COMPLETELY worth it..Some bloke making a name for himself... ;)

Reopended...Shine, tip top night, Mikey P rocking it with a few guests... ;)

Pleasuredrome....Just what North Manchester needed :thumbsup:

Quadrant Park....Why didnt I go there.... :(

/edit ooo just remembered...Blackpool...Sequins, Oz n Hacketts... :cool: :cool: A night out at the beach...top madness ;)
/another edit...A fair few visits to Most Excellent, balearic bliss :) :thumbsup:

A few other gaffs that never quite measured up... ;)

Hacienda turned into posers paradise....why bother...the beginning of the end..6/10

Wigan Pier..Superb nights out :thumbsup: 8/10

1993 onwards...

Back to Basics / Up Yer Ronson...

Heard loads of DJs but it wasnt the same...Was it the beers...probably... ;)

Hazydays...

Its not bad at all ;) :cool: ;)

Dont forget Ibiza or Majorca in 90/91/92 either...

Italian Piano..Sun...Cheeky Fellas..Dirty Women....aaah feck Im past it.. :cool:

Last edited:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Konspiracy said:
wtf am I doing on here at 3 in the morning...Make your own mind up, yes Ive no life....
I was just about to post what the fuck are you still doing up, you weirdo (infact I still did post it :axe: )

Wolfy

Feb 17, 2003
London Taan
nice thread....

'kin hell, just woken up with the mother of all head aches - clapsed out earlier having been on the lash all day. Some cubnut 5 doors down is having a party and is playing feckin 'R&B' bo-lax :rolleyes: Woke up with a jolt to this shite and then some bird heaving practically right outside my front door. :S

Anyway, back on topic :)

AB45 - I probably mentioned those immortal words to you back in the day...

'What's your name and where do you come from?' followed by 'What you had' :D Was at many of those you listed, Raindance being the main one-off's I attended.

Other than that - The Cricketer's - 88 :thumbsup: The Zap, Sterns, Rocket, Interdance, Empire, Dungeons, Eclipse (Coventry went twice Parks & Wilson, Superb) (all 10/10) Gardening Club, Club UK, Venus, Kool Kat, Ibiza 90 & 91, Lydd airport (Worldance) The Fridge, Puscha, Bagleys, Blew my student loan in one w/e at Back to Basics / up yer Ronson (93)....where I fell spectacularly off the wagon and got lost in Leeds :)

Thats about it. Screens to bright. I need an asprin. :rotate:

HairyACIDHelmet

Nov 7, 2003
Essex
Went to loads of the big ones (Sunrise,Energy,BTTF) + loads in & around London/Essex/South East: Dungeons,Tunnel Club,Future,Land of Oz,Downham Tavern & Ferry Lane to name but a few.Even went to ones i cant even remember going to but im assured by friends that i was there (Shoom) :fekked:
Started going out in late 87 (Sept) and stopped in 90 but done a few more every now & then (Telepathy in THE Russian Circus Tent!) upto 95.Nothing since though cos the little fella's just aint what they used to be :cry: Bring back the Cali's :| :thumbsup:

Devious

Mar 28, 2003
Bolton
www.devious.me.uk
Top thread , one that i had always thought of posting but was always to pissed to be arsed :p

90 - a few illegal warehouse parties , got banged up after one in burnley got raided . It was a crazy experience when the police were trying to smash there way in . I remember there was some big roller shutter doors that the police were trying to liftup and loads of ravers all hung on the doors and they couldnt lift them higher than a foot or so lol .. very eerie :thumbsup: Anyone remember ? The BIHE (tech college in Bolton) had a couple of nights which were really ace and had some mad whizz trips in there :fekked:
Did Quad park a couple of times late in the year top nights they were ! 10/10

91 - Went religiously to Eureka in Blackpool for the first half of the year with the odd excursion to hackets, love shack and sequins. This was the highlight of my clubbing life .. so many good nights , asha was always played and the toilets where like the chillout room :D The beach parties afterwards were amazing and were all the clubbers from the different clubs congregatde to chill out around fires ..bliss ..Eureka then changed to Zone and carried on going for a few months but the original crowd seemed to move on and so did we. 10/10
-Then moved on to pleasuredrome in my home town (which was nice :p ) which started out as only 3 nights called redzone which were the best nights there and were so good the club opened as the pleasuredrome. Though im emabarrased to say it .. If anyone has the redzone 2 mp3 it was me who made "2 unlimited's - get ready for this" jump , whilst going for it on a bit of bouncy floor next to wellys booth :$
It was funny going to a club in your own town as first it was all old skool heads from all over who went to the first nights then slowly I would see loads of people i knew from school going who were dead against me and my mates as we were "druggies" but they were soon hooked on the life :moonie: 10/10
Then moved on to orbit when that opened and mostly went there for the rest of 91 with the odd excusion to hac , ark & home. I wasnt really into the way the music was going in this era , I wasnt a big fan of garage at the time and i didnt really like hardcore. I did go to the eclpise a few times and some of the big events like donington. I never saw sasha at shelleys which was my biggest regret.

92 - Its a bit vague this year as is all from this time on :S . Carried on going to orbit but it went too 'hard' for a lot of people in my crew . At this time my mates music tastes were all different , some liked hardcore , some garage and went to Hard times in huddersfield a lot, but I was clinging to the piano sound so I went to shelleys a couple of times in feb 92 to see what i had been missing but it was run by amnesia house and was too much on the hardcore tip for my liking , still good nights though. 7/10

93 -Cant really remember where I went out much , i welcomed the progressive sound and started to dj a bit , Proberbly spent most of my weekends playing at partied rather than clubbing. Did go to ibiza fot the first time and that was magic also saw sasha and digweed at renaisance a few times which were top nights 9/10

Cant remember what i did after that really :$ except for some good nights out at sankeys soap and tribal gathering 8/10

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
1988/89 - sett end blackburn + variouse warehouses
1990/91 - hacienda largely, 21 club..crackers....and choice at tony's..all blackburn...shellys in stoke.....shaboo......frenzy.....blackpool....managed a few revenge parties....particularly recall the one at stalybridge....
1992 - 'shit hit the fan' we went all oeer the gaff......eclipse-coventry(was a regular member there)...the orbit-leeds....legends-warrington....all blackpool.....the zone....hacketts....sequins.....and oz.......(hacketts was easily the best)...
still goin hacienda.....quad park.....life-(few times but no regular)....manhattens blackburn...until it got blown up and moved to palm court southport.....which was pretty good too....

1993 - started goin to leeds....basics and hard times....etc.....still frequent the orbit.....Cream in liverpool.......

1994/1995....still doin orbit.....some things will never change.....hardtimes....and bsics...still.......things all went a bit downhill for me at this point as i couldnt be doin with the glammy image its impossible to rock yur socks off in high heels..........

kept up with orbit (RIP) and various other places to present day.....i now love to go sankeys and any other sweaty little hole you decide to put me in ......as long the music is right..!

plus all the one off Raves like...live the dream......Blast off.....etc...super times....wouldnt change them :$

Last edited: