Your Clubbing C.V.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Well I went along to the liberal club a couple of times in 1990 to nights that a couple of marple dj's called nick and johnny used to run, then in early 91, me and another mate took over and made it a weekly friday night affair.
Nice introduction. I was there around the same times. Often in the middle of the stage :)
Nick Massey? I remember Jay Sharples on the decks a few times too.

electricdisco

Aug 20, 2008
aye, Nick Massey and Johnny Mount.
I knew Jay too, I've got a feeling he might have stepped in for us a couple of times when we went to Shelleys.

Nick and Johnny were mint together back in the day, really good dj's, dunno what happened but they split and went off separately and did their own thing.

I bumped into Johnny years later and he'd got well into disco and from what I remember it was on the idjut boys NOID tip alongside the authentic 70's sound.

The Libberdome... ha, just come back to me what people used to call it! Sounds a bit more authentic than Marple Liberal Club doesnt it!

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
aye, Nick Massey and Johnny Mount.
I knew Jay too, I've got a feeling he might have stepped in for us a couple of times when we went to Shelleys.

Nick and Johnny were mint together back in the day, really good dj's, dunno what happened but they split and went off separately and did their own thing.

I bumped into Johnny years later and he'd got well into disco and from what I remember it was on the idjut boys NOID tip alongside the authentic 70's sound.

The Libberdome... ha, just come back to me what people used to call it! Sounds a bit more authentic than Marple Liberal Club doesnt it!

I was in Nick Masseys form at school lol. H e seemed to only do the odd night here and there after the "Libradome". Last time I saw him, he was dj'ing in Westworld clothes shop next to Afflecks; over 3 years ago.
Blue Jammer and Ste Huxtable (on here) also used to dj there :thumbsup:

shazza

VIP Silver Member
Nov 30, 2007
bootle liverpool
1989..monroes, blackburn and various warehouses and services lol
the old bank, liverpool
the state, liverpool
roxy,sheffield
the palace,bradford
mr.smiths,warrington
1990 quadrant park, liverpool..5 mins walk from home so popular lol( and prolly the best club ever!!)
technodrome ayreshire
maximes , wigan
wigan pier,wigan
shelleys,stoke
pleasuredrome, farnworth
park hall, chorley
palm court,southport
roxy,bury
beaconsfield, near skem
formby beach,liverpool
hacienda, manchester
hard dock,liverpool
pleasuredrome,birkenhead

1991 quadrant park
wigan pier
shelleys
eclipse,coventry
ritzy, burnley
051,liverpool

think thats it ...no wonder im thick!!:fekked:

Last edited:

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
1989/1990

Fallows -Aintree,Liverpool (this was a under 18's night,i hadnt experienced 'E' back then just used to smoke rocky and drop half and m.b.s trip after leaving school at 3.30pm)

The State -Liverpool (First 'E', whole white dove,£15.00)
The Academy - Liverpool
Fallows - Aintree,Liverpool
Hard Dock Cafe -Liverpool
Shelleys -Stoke
Palm Court -Southport
Scream raves -Pontins Southport
Falcons Crest -Formby (a wednesday night that only ran for a few months)
Claytons-Liverpool
The Pier Nightspot -Wigan (friday/saturday)

The Pier Nightspot-Wigan (never missed a Friday night the whole of 1992 @ D.A.D)

Cream @ The Academy - Liverpool (remember Bar Zoo anyone?)
051-Liverpool
The Drome -Birkenhead
Maximes -Wigan
Carlos ll -Colne
Angels -Burnley
The Pier Nightspot -Wigan (went shit early 93')

Cream @ The Academy-Liverpool
051 -Liverpool
Maximes -Wigan
Bowlers - Manchester

Some good memories from these nights,packed it all in till Hazydayz began 2003,like most people will agree,probably the best old skool night there has ever been up to now

Tag:)

1991-1993
Was going to Ritzy type places as none of my mates were ravers, but would get to hear all the anthems like Bizarre Inc etc. 3/10
First allnighter Empire Morcambe
Not bad, but was almost empty by about 4am 7/10
Gallery Leeds - loved the variety in there -garage/prog/house/techno/hardcore, mental club - people dancing on the bar , skinning up downstairs etc. 9/10
Angels Burnley - Good night but the errrm 'refreshments' didn't work 7.5/10
Summer 1994 various allnighters in Bradford, one excellent night in an arts mill? (9/10), 1 in 12 club (8/10) smile @ Queens Hall (8/10)
Megadog - Excellent 9/10
Up Yer Ronson @ Pleasure Rooms Leeds - Excellent night (9/10)
Hard Times @ Music Factory Leeds - Great music but lacking atmosphere (8/10)
Bowlers Manchester - Excellent in 92-95, shit from 96-97 (8/10)
Love to be Sheffield - 9/10
Rise @ the Leadmill Sheffield - 9/10
Arches Sheffield (Some pre-gatecrasher deep house/prog night with dj pierre/sasha etc) 9/10
1996-1998
Similar to 95 but several smaller clubs etc I forget the names of (eg dope in Leeds)
Orbit Morley 1997 wasn't overly impressed (Wish I'd gone there in the earlier days) 6/10
Twilo - Sound Factory New York.
Carl Cox rocked it. Club & Music 10/10, Atmosphere 6/10 (Too many people in k-holes that night and a quite a few shady dealers)
1999-2000
Back To Basics (8/10) and Cream (8/10) Wish I'd gone to Cream in 1994-1995
and Basics 1991-1995
NYE 99/2000
Cream at Pier Head Liverpool - Excellent night, loved the Bugged out tent. Spoiled a little by all the scallys and having to queue for an hour for a warm can of lager (8/10)
2000-2008
Moved to Florida and haven't been clubbing in Miami yet (shame on me)

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
cant do the dates (but here goes)

like the title says i cant remember any dates or yrs lol, all i know is i entered a scene that blew my mind away,and in a way i feel like i'm still recovering from myself abuse of all nighters and weekenders which ran from late 89 to late 90's.

I first got into hip hop and used to hang around sneakers records in leics which was the home of djss(formation 5) the man behind kaos in leics,it wasn't long b4 i made my transition from hip hop to rave, i managed to get my self to a few illegal events b4 it it all got legal.

heres the events and nights i used to do, like i say dates are a blur for me but i knew what i wanted and which promoter would give me a night i wanted.

stamina

hacienda

amnesia

sunrise

raindance

the eclipse

ibiza (all of um)

shellys (the place i lived in for a long timephones: :fekked: phones: :fekked: phones: :roll: :thumbsup: )

fantazia

perception

diy + any free parties going

kaos

rage

and the list goes on etc....

hot to trot

splendid

beef

money pennys

tintins

wobble

Que club

golden

the steering wheel

bakers

the institute (brum) wicked nights with the res dj tomislav:thumbsup:

etc etc, a

Last edited:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
The Mix (Harrogate, with DJ Tim of utah saints)
Blackburn (various dark dingy holes!)
Grassington (travellers camp with ideal old derelict primary school with gym cum...dancefloor!)
Quaddy park
Venue 44 Mansfield (Rennaisance)
Wigan pier
Maximes
back2basics / up ya ronson
The Gallery
Angels
The Palais (I think? Morecombe)

god the motorway milage we used to do :S

now: just JOY once a month

quality.:D grassington travellers camp :thumbsup: thats a blast from the past, it was linton camp nr grassington, i dj there at one party, had some good nights there, the set up was ideal for a party :cool:

the-ibiza-raver

Jun 28, 2006
my raving started on feb 15th 1991 , my mate joel took me to peception:thumbsup:
after that in no order, cant remember years :fekked:
garvey , notts
eclispe , coventry
lo club, derby
ritzy red zone , derby
rockhouse smokezone , derby
progress , derby
and then the following the travellers around the country most weekends .

Gresleyram

Oct 11, 2008
Derbyshire
www.606championship.com
Its a struggle to remember back that far...

......but here goes:

1990 til it closed: Shelleys (Stoke on Trent)

Just mental! Went as a naive 16 year old with a pal of mine and it blew my mind. Great tunes, great DJ's, an atmosphere rarely bettered and some wonderful nights (Altern8 in the car park was just unbelievable!!)

9/10

1990 til it closed: Entropy (At Shelleys & the Leisurebowl)

See above - same crowd, same faces and carried on in the same vein. The Stoke crowds were always up for it, the atmoshere was friendly, the tunes were great. Was gutted when it closed, and was nervous as to where i would find a replacement that was anywhere near as good.

9/10

1992 (i think) - 1994/95: Club Kinetic

There was me thinking that i would struggle to find a replacement for the brilliant nights at Shelleys and Entropy when Kinetic opened in the Leisurebowl. Bigger than the clubs that preceded it, with the most amazing crowds ive ever witnessed. A fantastic mix of DJ's (Techno, Hardcore, happy Hardcore, break beat, jungle, old skool...you name it). The 'BIG' nights when they opened up 3 or 4 rooms were brilliant, i just wished the didnt have to finish at 2am. I dont think anyone who experienced Kinetic left disappointed.

10/10

Other Clubs Visited over the years:

Ministry of Sound/Club UK (London & Ipswich)

Twas ok, but never really had an 'amazing night' at either - i was trying to find a 'clubbing' fix while at Uni and these just didnt quite hit the spot.

6/10 for both

Club Momococa (Bedford)

A monthly club night hosted by a mate of mine. Pretty much unknown DJ's and a small place (maybe 4-500) but had some really good nights here. More 'laid back' than i was used to but a good crowd nonetheless.

7/10

The Emporium (Coalville)

Been to several different events here over the years, and for a house club i found it to be a very good night. The crowd is always up for it, and always a good atmosphere. Had some great nights at some of 'Mikey B's' hardcore midweek specials, but the weekend gigs are worth a visit.

7.5/10

Thats about it, apart from occasional events, all nighters etc. Never really travelled too far away, as Kinetic/Entropy and Shelleys were always going to be hard to beat. :cool:

Last edited:

Wigs

Jun 14, 2009
This is me 1990 - mid 1993 before I went all housey,

Ok, here goes, in alphabetical order. ;)
There's some I've missed, just can't remember the names.

Amnesia Book of Love Brayfield Stadium, Northampton
AWOL Paradise Club, Islington, London
Dance 91 The Brighton Centre, Brighton
Dance 92 The Brighton Centre, Brighton
Dance Dimension 'Something Different' The Lido, Margate
Dreamscape 6 The Sanctuary, Milton Keynes
Dungeons Dungeons Lea Bridge Road, London
Energy Technology Field in Cambridgeshire or Oxfordshire
Euphoria Atomics, Maidstone
Fantazia One Step Beyond Castle Donington
Fantazia Summertime Matchams Park Stadium, Bournemouth
Fun City Busbys, London
Global Dance 2 The Winter Gardens, Margate
Global Dance 3 The Stour Centre, Ashford
Global Dance 4 The Swallows Leisure Centre, Sittingbourne
Global Dance 91 Leas Cliff Hall Folkestone
Global Dance Exposure The Stour Centre, Ashford
Heaven on Earth Royal Norfolk County Showground, Norwich
Innersence Lazer Dome, London
Interdance Sterns, Worthing
Orange Camden Palace, London
Orange The Rocket, London
Raindance Newmarket, Cambridgeshire
Raindance 'Deep' Jenkins Lane, Barking
Reincarnation The Kings Hall, Herne Bay
Room 6 Hereos & Bottoms, Folkestone
Seduction The Lido, Margate
Storm Hastings Pier, Hastings
The Living Dream The Eastways Sports Centre, Leyton
Utopia La Parisienne, Folkestone
Utopia Images, Dover
Utopia The Metronome, Folkestone
Vision Popham Airfield, Popham
Weekend World / Heaven on Earth Brayfield Stadium, Northampton
Yikes/ Kaos / Rush Brixton Academy, Brixtron

CHOON-RAIDER

Jul 7, 2008
:wave: 1990/92 WIGAN PIER The best atmosphere in a club i`ve ever known,always kept goin back,always on the balcony facing the DJ once knocked an ashtray off on to the dancefoor waving mi hands about too much a big SORRY! if it hit ya,didn`t mean it!!!!
1992 PLEASURE DROME Crowds of up to 2.500 used to queue to go to my local (most of those must have been from cumbria,when askin "where you from" most said "cumbria" anyone remember the "special raves" when it was closed in the little room.
1991 MANHATTEN HEIGHTS/PEPPERMINT PLACE Once me and my mate doyley had to walk from there to bolton in the early hours pissin it down good little club only went about 3 or 4 times tho.
1992 LUV SHAK Crazy music! all your top piano stuff as well as bangin techno,banana splits,trumpton DJ Space Face kneel down & worship that man.Bit of a scramble to get in & sittin on top of each other in the back of a tranny van few hours wasn`t too clever.

As you can see very loyal didn`t go very far finished it all off with new years eve at the pier "Direkt/Elustrious PA" when 93 Kicked in the amounts of drugs/and what was in them changed people (friends) started dieing.as they say NOTHING LASTS FOREVER.:wave:

Sons of Simmie

May 5, 2008
Aberdeen
www.youtube.com
Bloody hell, this is going to be a hard task remembering all the places I've been as most of the nights back then were spent under the influence.. ;)

Fever, Aberdeen : I only managed to get in there once circa 1990 while I was under age, I changed my birth date of my passport and got in. The second time I tried I got huckled by the doorman. What a club, it was superb. It's just a pity it was shut down by the time i came of age. 10/10.

The Pelican, A/deen 1991 to 1995 : Again another top notch club, You hardly ever got a bad night in there. Seen so many top DJ's in there. Justin Robertson, Weatherall etc. Again 10/10

The Hoochi, A/deen 1991 to 1992 : It was OK, a bit of a harder music policy in here, Hardcore/Rave. 7/10

Memphis, A/deen 1991 to 1993 : Another cracking club, the Saturday nights in there were out of this world. It also had a bar next door called Slipmats which was the perfect place to kick start a night of fun & frolics. ;) 10/10

The Craigmile, Blackburn, Aberdeenshire. 1991 to 1992 : Spent nearly every Friday night in The Craigmile or back in 1992. Had many a lost Friday in The Craigmile.9/10

The Bishops, Elgin 1992 to 1994 : Had a good few nights out Elgin way, some real crackers. 8/10

Kinky Rhythm, A/deen 1993/1994 : A small venue but a very good one,had many a lost night in there. 8/10

The Rhumba Club, Arbroath 1994 : We went to a lot of nights down there in 1994, one of the stand out nights was Jon Pleased Wimmin. 7/10

That's about the size of it for just now, there are others that I've missed but these were the main players back then for me.

Reactions: Paulzer

JD7

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Bloomin hell Sons of Simmie - your CV covers alot of clubs and times when I used to go - small world.

Mind you I got into Fever more times than you :$

Silentdoubleu

Sep 4, 2006
Start:

Kool Kat / Garage - Nottingham
Limited Editions - Mansfield (The Yard)
Venus - Nottingham
Renaissance - Mansfield
DiY Various Houses/Fields/Festivals - Midlands

The Riverside - Newcastle
The Mayfair - Newcastle last Butterlogie
The Mayfair - Newcastle 1st eight Rezerections
Havana - Middlesborough

Ministry - London
Club UK - London
Cafe de Paris - London
Georgie Baby - London
Coalesce - London

Space - Ibiza

end:

quadster

Oct 2, 2007
st.helens
walked into the quad feb 1991 aged 16 - turned my life upside down

i know it sounds daft but i would give a fukin lot just to feel that buzz, fear, and fantasticness all mixed into one again

left there when somebody tried to have our car off outside -with us in it i might add - found out who our mates were that night i can tell you!!!

but did go back for the rather sad last night on the newyear

then pleasuredome farnworth -excellent

then wigan pier , 051 and cream , various mixed in but these were my favourites

Quadrant park though - what can you say , cant be repeated although i am working on my old mate to get babysitters and tell their wives how it is and we will get down to this FPI doo in august - that something to look forward to:fekked:

Sons of Simmie

May 5, 2008
Aberdeen
www.youtube.com
Bloomin hell Sons of Simmie - your CV covers alot of clubs and times when I used to go - small world.

Mind you I got into Fever more times than you :$

I was very young looking for my age, JD7. I'm almost 36 now and I was asked for ID in a boozer in Glasgow last year when we were down for the Scottish cup Semi final. :)

In 1990 I had to make do with going to the all-nighters as the doors weren't so strict , apart from Ritzy, where I've been turned away at the Adamski gig & one of the all-dayers as well. We used to sometimes head to the Student union on a Saturday night circa 1990 as they put on House nights every so often back then.

I asked on the Scottish club sets thread if any one had any tapes of the old Beach Ballroom all-nighters. Had many a good night doon there. ;)

duff89

Jun 23, 2009
benchill....
hazy dayz

ahhh remember 1988-9 goin thunderdome in manchester 16 yrs old wearing a rodeo wool ski jumper(didnt stay on long lol) opended my eyes and started my love ov dance music(amongst other things):fekked: unbelievable nights.low ceiling,proper mental crowd, bangin mix of varied genres,never forget grabbin some air at the exit doors chattin and noveling off the steam escaping,then the realisation that all the drips on ya were everyones sweat lolol..after that few wharehouses in b,burn,..then..legends warrington,sound garden,konspiracy,hac(obviously)wigan,lpool,bowlers ect ect...

never really buzzed off anywhere as much as the dome though just summit bout the gaff,one place came close,had a top night in manhattan heights(caddy above the door) in b/burn back in the day john j djing(remember some top mixing/tunes) couldnt wait to tell the chaps and go back the following week but the gaff got torched:confused:

Last edited: