Where you going to 'oldskool' events pre 1994?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Where you clubin pre 95

• Damn right - I was there in the gud old days

Votes: 116 91.3%
  • wish i was but only got into after 1994

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Also remember some guy weaving across all 3 lanes of the M62 in front of us on the way home - no wonder you didn't enjoy it.

:D I forgot about that, he was well mullered

Remember the chicken truck and all the feathers? Couldnt see feck all. Didnt help I could only do 30 miles n hour with 5 fat bastards in the car:D

You up for that do next week in Liverpool?

geeselad

May 25, 2007
I can recall seeing a flyer at shelly's delite night , for you guessed it an old skool night,

it said something like attention all you jackers and trance dancers from 87 and 88.

this would of been around early 91!

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
:D I forgot about that, he was well mullered

Remember the chicken truck and all the feathers? Couldnt see feck all. Didnt help I could only do 30 miles n hour with 5 fat bastards in the car:D

You up for that do next week in Liverpool?

Ha ha - remember that too, now you mention it. Too much on the the mo' to make the Liverpool event I'm afriad, but I'll be 'Joining Hands' in spirit :king:

eve

VIP Silver Member
Jul 3, 2003
garden of eden
even though i am as old as my birth certificate tells me!!!! i didnt start going out until xmas 94.. used to frequent kinetic/equinox/angels/maximes/monroes/wigan pier

i remember watching the madheads at the end of our street returning on a weekend from hippos and thinking i wanna go out too :cry: but i sure made up for it 95+96 :fekked:

JonnyD

Mar 24, 2007
Chorlton
www.myspace
:D I used to hang around with mates outside monroes 1989-90, couldn't get in iwas still at school, but it was Angels that was my first club, november 1990 and went there religiously every friday for about 6 months and if i could afford it either monroes or manhattan heights on the saturday. Ah, they were the days.

geeselad

May 25, 2007
First proper night autumn 89 at the Hac, still at college in london and doing biology and energy things down there as well as coming up most weekend to the hac.

by summer 90 I'd left the smoke for good, then twas Sequins, jenks for shabbo, legends in warrington, introspective if I was slumming it in me home town, stowke.

then everything changed when Sasha took over at shelly's, every week untill easter fri 91 the best ever night there, when the fire restrictions kicked in.

then from aug 91 till aug 93,when everything started to change, back to the Hac for Graeme and tom at Nakid on saturdays.......

nowt else matters really, and If you wonna there that was as good as it got doint let em tell you any different

was a wannabe breakdancer at 10/11, listened to house from 13 onwards (1987) but was a late starter- My first time was an allnighter at the gallery in Leeds 1993
Then went to hard-times,up yer ronson,basics,gallery, the orbit,bowlers,rise,love2be,cream and a few allnighters etc but really regret missing out on 88-91, especially early hacienda and warehouse parties.

Mattylad

Jan 29, 2007
Barnsley
Scrapped in there by the skin of my teeth, did Bowlers, Maximes, Pier and Donny Warehouse all in '93\'94 then lost touch with um all..........gutted:(

Just wish i'd bin born 5yrs earlier n kopped the lot:thumbsup:

Tiger Balm

Aug 13, 2007
Deep In The Jungle
My clubbing daze

I started off in Legends (Warrington )in 1990 every Saturday and sometimes on the Techno Wednesdays that was short lived,but it did break the week up.Went to all 3 Legendaries ,the first one was the first ever Legal warehouse which made it on the news (very cool). Made it to Maximes on Fridays for about 6 months in 1991.Back to Basics at Leeds, Pleasuredome ,oh and Fletchers and Segars in Leigh ( my first trip ):crazy: .

Stopped it all in 1993 when I settled down with my wonderful wife, still loved the music after I stopped going, so I bought some Technics 1200`s phones: and mixed for about 8 years before retiring to my slippers and pipe :gigolo: .

old_skool_daze1.jpg

Flyer from Empire Morecambe 93

I Started out late 88 / 89 :thumbsup:

mukka

Nov 30, 2008
M25 Acieeeed
My first was an illegal hippy rave on Hungerford common in 91, then after it was Lechlade and a few warehouse parties in Stroud, then Castlemorten. Castlemorten in 92 seemed to be the last good illegal festival so i then went onto clubbing which was ok to start with but then the nobheads started getting into the scene as did the hardcore shite, it slowly went downhill from there and so did the chemicals :cry:
Though i was pleased that good progressive house was coming out in 93 so i got well into that.

wasnt hungerord the diversion for Lechlade, or was it the spiral party the police got to first and everyone ended up with bedlum in edmonton

w4cka

Nov 21, 2008
we go back

1992-94
was mental reguarally attended the pleasuredome in skegness
fundermental in lincoln
dance paradise in gt yarmouth
all a bit of a blur now if u know what i mean

bitesize

Sep 13, 2008
i missed philmores at saltburn, my mates all got there :(
my mates dad took a partnership in a local place The Old Mill and started a rave night fridays and saturdays 1992. it was a top weekend down there! we started going to Zone Jenks bar the same year (EXCELLENT TIMES) i got to Galactica York and Ripon and also Nocturnal at Cramlington
so in answer to the start of the thread, 92 when i started loving the tunes :love:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
first one i went to was at the eclipse in early 91. wish i'd got into it earlier though :|

still, went to most of the best clubs at the time, except for quadrant park. gutted now that i never went but i had to go past shelleys and the hacienda to get there, so it never happened.

also did a lot of clubbing in birmingham, coast 2 coast, C.R.E.A.M. wobble, marco polo's, west end bar, baker's, bonds, tin tins etc.

only went out a couple of times a month though, if i could go back and do it all again it would be every weekend without fail. i really miss it now it's gone. some great memories though ;)

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
Went to Wigan Pier under 18's and the local under 18's nights every week in 91+92. Then Started going to the 051 in Liverpool and Meltdown events in Southport Floral Hall in 93.Went to my first oldskool night on November 5th 93 Anthem City with Shades Of Rythym as the p.a. Been listening to the music from about 89 though on mixtapes givin to me by older cousins.:dummy: