Where you going to 'oldskool' events pre 1994?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Where you clubin pre 95

• Damn right - I was there in the gud old days

Votes: 116 91.3%
  • wish i was but only got into after 1994

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

Andy Me

Nov 18, 2008
Started about 1990
Quadrant Park
Hac
Kaos
Back 2 Basics
Life at Bowlers
Universe/Tolerence Meastros(worked there too)

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
Started off in the pier under 18's for me in early 88ish, and ended in the pier (over 18s lol) in 93, 14 years off and started again last yr with a good few nights out. Many more to come me hopesphones: :thumbsup:

werz

Apr 23, 2007
I was after 94 as i wern't even born when all you lot were out dancing in 91 only really got into oldschool the past 3 years. Gota love it tho, like the music from back then is lolder then me and it still sound well good not like all this pap you, get nowdays.
would of loved to have gone back in the day tho all the videos of events just look stupidly good.

the-ibiza-raver

Jun 28, 2006
I must know you? did you go down to perception in that dodgy minibus from BPM records??

Feckin freezin on the way home :fekked:
yes i did norris , me ,my mate joel , john reid , bassline smith , lady j , and the ockbrook raver with his flyer and galiderscope (sp) and the kaos that was crazy on the the way back , the birds dancing at the laybye . small world eh

dj kippax

VIP Silver Member
May 25, 2008
Shady Town Of Burnley
djkippax.com
Im another envious youngster compared with most of the others on here. But i got into the music when i was very young due to my older sister and brother going out here there. Was always pinching their tapes and stuff.
I started going out to the local underage nights around 94/95 and it was around that time me and a mate got our first pairs of decks and started collecting. By that point quite a few of my older brothers mates were dj'ing as well so i was always picking there brains about certain old tunes id always been hearing.
As soon as i looked old enough though i was straight down the Angles to either the Retros or any other nights they had down there. That was around 96/97 ish.
After that it was bowlers and various old skool nights all over the show.
Have always really been into old house music although i went of it for a while after i had two boxes of my best records nicked around 5 yrs ago:cry: . Took me a while to get back into it then.
I really do wish i was was a few years older and had experienced all the stuff around 89/90 though. Way i see it is that stuff like only happens every 20/30 yrs or so very lucky to have experienced these things.:)