Where you going to 'oldskool' events pre 1994?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Where you clubin pre 95

• Damn right - I was there in the gud old days

Votes: 116 91.3%
  • wish i was but only got into after 1994

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Eclipse Coventry April 1991 although missed the connexion Amnesias the previous year after they closed cos' of someone dying and also turned down the chance of going down Oxford way in '89.. excuses excuses..I know! ;)

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
I was 12 in 94 :eek:...I was listening to it back then, thru tapes given to me via my older piers-lol but never went to the clubs, given the fact I looked about 9!...I wish I was older, so I could of experienced it and been there :cry: Some of us dont know we're born I say we dont know we're born :rofl:

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Lucky enough to start going out and almost immediatley start DJing in 88, aged 16 :thumbsup: (I was definatly in the right place at the right time)

I got my first decks when I was 15 and started buying records and doing mixtapes late 87/early 88

Tino

Sep 17, 2002
Bridlington
right time right place

:D I'd agree, i was 18 in 88, yes that does make me 37:cry: and was slowly converted from hip hop to house then went out pretty much constantly from 89-96ish then lost interest for a while

got back into the tunes after kids were born strangely,

don't go out anymore as would fee like oldest swinger in town in up to date clubs and nobody i know interested in going to old skool events

still enjoy decks and peoples houses in comfort though;)

SNOWEY

Jun 1, 2007
HIGH at ichycoo park

first thing i ever went 2 was scream earley '91 at pontins when my mate ' hawksey' melted into the wall. i was on a stawb at the time. first time i ever herard a massive boooooooo at the end of the nite but who can blame them they just wanted more. then i got my nissan cherry stuck a massive ' life ' sticker in the back window and that was us on tour pier ,zone ,orbit, kinetic ,back 2 basics ,sonic ,051, bowlers, empire, hac, sankeys, hogans, sequins, luv shack. wouldn't change any of it for the world...:thumbsup:

Michie

VIP Silver Member
Jul 5, 2007
Stoke
Got into it early 1991, but was too young to go anywhere then:(
Used to go downto shelleys and entropy car park to hang around and hear the 'thud thud thud' from outside.
I think that we were dead lucky here as we had really gud under 18 nights that played proper music, thats where i heard most of the stuff i love today - modular expansion, the tapes, digital boy, trigger etc etc( (list is endless). Saw altern 8, daz willot at shelleys too.
Started to go to kinetic at 15 and thats where i stayed really until i discovered Golden.:love:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
late 89 for me :D ewoodmills dec 89 was my 1st real taste and went out regular for the next couple of years, stopped going partying late 92 but dj each week after that for about a year, till i got bored of it:$ then went about 10yr not even really listening to house music, until i got the internet and it all came flooding back;) :D :thumbsup:

oneye

Jan 4, 2007
ripon
first for me was the 2nd galactica in scarborough (dec 91) was more into hip hop before that but it blew me away , didn't go out religiously after but made it to phenomena in brid a few times , some he la hu things in york and went to galactica paris, one thing i do regret is not joining some mates going over to the zone once :crazy: missed out big time.

first for me was the 2nd galactica in scarborough (dec 91) was more into hip hop before that but it blew me away , didn't go out religiously after but made it to phenomena in brid a few times , some he la hu things in york and went to galactica paris, one thing i do regret is not joining some mates going over to the zone once :crazy: missed out big time.

We must have met. Where in York were you from?