The ups and downs of a MCFC fan!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Think that's fucking bad.... I hear we're in for fucking Heskey... :| :eek: :S :cry:

Heard a rumour about your lot being in for Barton as well...

Heskey & Barton in @ your place would have almost dulled the pain of losing Milner :D

Fuck knows who we've signed... That Span-yard striker might be reet, i know very little about him. Gotta be an improvement on Shola though. Too bad we didn't mug Everton into taking Smudger Smith in the end... As for the other fella, the Uruguayan, I've never seen him play. Seems to have "desperation signing" written all over it, but at least that un's only a loan.

Last night was a circus. I hate the transfer window mesen. Much better how it used to be (eeh when ah were a lad).

Chuffed for City though. Sparky's got it all to do now... playing with the big boys... what price the "Mourinho in shock premiership return" headline within the next couple of years?

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Makes our runnin bet a bit more interestin this year eh easty.

Fair play, I'd love it if City were pushin the top 4, a club with that size of following an history should be.

Glad we got Berbatov at last, fergie will soon knock the 'slapped arse' trait out of him.

Roll on Derby Day.:thumbsup:

Well all great fun.:thumbsup:

More sobering thought though. . . .. Just how far removed from the fans has football become in this country?

Half the owners need sat nav just to find the club they own.
You no longer need millions to compete. .. . you need billions.
Players increasingly don't care about who they play for as long as the money is right.. . . .Forget the badge kissing . . few mean it.
Local communities and grass roots football are been forgotten about.
The national team managed by an Italian struggles to find 11 decent players whilst most premier teams struggle to field 2 or 3 British players.
Some of the most famous clubs in the country are now part of refinancing deals and massively in debt, despite all the money about.
Conduct on the field of play is at times wretched.

Despite all this I still love football, but cannot be anything other than saddened for the loss of the soul of the game.

Warning - You could have 15 billionaire owners and you still only have one league winner and four Champions League places. . . .. Someone will be disappointed.

Soon these owners will seek to change the game forever to try and create the European League in order to prop up their investment, when the domestic game does not cut it anymore. Or if a few get bored or the money dries up due to the harsh economic climate, clubs could be left bankrupted or the game could go into melt down. If football was a market (and it is) such as the housing market, it would be deemed unsustainable by many and a massive readjustment to the market would be inevitable.

When Saturday Comes. . . . .Yeah right!:(

:thumbsup:

More sobering thought though. . . .. Just how far removed from the fans has football become in this country?

Players increasingly don't care about who they play for as long as the money is right.. . . .Forget the badge kissing . . few mean it.
The national team managed by an Italian struggles to find 11 decent players whilst most premier teams struggle to field 2 or 3 British players.
Some of the most famous clubs in the country are now part of refinancing deals and massively in debt, despite all the money about.

Despite all this I still love football, but cannot be anything other than saddened for the loss of the soul of the game.

Warning - You could have 15 billionaire owners and you still only have one league winner and four Champions League places. . . .. Someone will be disappointed.

Soon these owners will seek to change the game forever to try and create the European League in order to prop up their investment, when the domestic game does not cut it anymore. Or if a few get bored or the money dries up due to the harsh economic climate, clubs could be left bankrupted or the game could go into melt down. If football was a market (and it is) such as the housing market, it would be deemed unsustainable by many and a massive readjustment to the market would be inevitable.

Great post Chris.

There was once a time when you earned money because you were great , now you become great because of money .

Sad sad state of affairs.

How far has the game become removed ??????

Heres what i think ..................... ( robbed it off my mate but sums up how i feel perfectly )

Sorry to say it lads, but people like us are like those little old fellas that you still see in them "trendy" bars in town.

They've drank in there for years, since it was a spit and sawdust gaff, and love the bones of the place. They've grown up with it being a part of their lives, they're part of the furniture.

It's been bought out, spruced up by the new owners and the price of the ale has gone through the roof. A new crowd has been attracted to the place and it's nothing like what it once was. That group of old fellas now sit in their same old seats, but have nothing in common with the people that surround them. No banter, no jokes, no drunken songs at the end of the night.

It's full of youngsters drinking shots and businessmen taking clients out for the night.

Yet they still turn up every weekend as it's what they've always done, and can't let go.

We are those men.

Best thing you pair of bastards have ever posted :thumbsup:

Echo yer sentiments lads

dods

Oct 13, 2004
Huddersfieldcestershirey

bang on :thumbsup:

woody

very true Radish very true :thumbsup: I cant afford to go regularly and havent been able to for a good few years. Well, technically i could afford to go, I just wouldnt be able to live my life in the style i am used to, if i spent the few hundred quid a month i'd spend watching United regular. As a kid I used to go to easy 15 home games a season with my uncle, and now its once in a blue moon (excuse the city orientated pun) If the credit crunch and the over inflated ticket prices start to price out the hardcore followers, (which it has already done to many already), then the football as we know it will be long gone.:|

the only thing i dont agree with is...

The national team managed by an Italian struggles to find 11 decent players..

because there is an entire squad of extremely talented players at his disposal. No two ways about it. The fact that any manager, capello included can't get them to play well is the issue, not the lack of players IMO. The best 11 players on paper very often don't make the best team, in imho that is the problem with England. Someone with some balls to drop Beckham and Lampard would be a start.:thumbsup:

easty

Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
You can keep Ronaldo you rag cvnts, we don't want him.
We'll take our pick from messi, kaka, torres and fabregas ;)

As for the cash if someone wants to plough a load of cash into city then fair play. If it shuts the rags up with their arrogant comments then so be it.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
You can keep Ronaldo you rag cvnts, we don't want him.
We'll take our pick from messi, kaka, torres and fabregas ;)

As for the cash if someone wants to plough a load of cash into city then fair play. If it shuts the rags up with their arrogant comments then so be it.

Football is dead. It was in the papers.

Sky have the rights to the funeral;)

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
footballs exactly the same,

Sorry Mate, I know you like a wind up. . . but it is not the same. Tell Keegan and Curbishley that.

its just that the bullys little brother has grown up and is now bigger and stronger than the big brother

Some truth in that . . .but Two wrongs don't make a right. I know as a City Fan you must be loving it. . . .But it's still a farce.

Who knows the Arabs may yet buy Liverpool and then my team will have millions to waste on over rated over paid players and I may be loving it.

And then another Russian may buy Birmingham, villa, Forest and so on. . . .Billions wasted and the status quo returns and for what and at what cost to the game, it's roots and it's future???

That Brazilian you have signed had never even visited Manchester or met with Mark Hughes.

Gone are the days when Brian Clough used to refuse to leave your house unless you signed for him!!

Boardrooms running teams now, not Managers. Mark Hughes. . . .watch your back. . . .The new board never chose you!

Love the game, Hate the game.:|

Last edited:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Just a point ......

You can only have so many good players at one club so i aint to worried tbh , Chelsea spent millions and they still aint won the European Cup, i mean look at the first two players they bought - Geremi and Glen Johnson ffs.

Call it sour grapes but it really isn't , i wouldn't like us to be run like that.

WHEN D.I.C buy us and its WHEN not IF i hope they just let Rafa get on with what he's doing and they have fuck all to do with the transfers which is exactly what has happened at Citeh.

Like i say its not sour grapes cos you've had enough downs to last a life time and i wish you good luck but don't for one minute think its gonna be plain sailing cos it isn't.

And you never know you might even fill your ground now , what did you have on for your first game of the season again lol ;)

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
footballs exactly the same, its just that the bullys little brother has grown up and is now bigger and stronger than the big brother

And that my freind is a load of bollocks and you know it ;)

Football has been going down the pan for years its just that this could be one of the final nails in the coffin :(

easty

Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Just a point ......

You can only have so many good players at one club so i aint to worried tbh , Chelsea spent millions and they still aint won the European Cup, i mean look at the first two players they bought - Geremi and Glen Johnson ffs.

Call it sour grapes but it really isn't , i wouldn't like us to be run like that.

WHEN D.I.C buy us and its WHEN not IF i hope they just let Rafa get on with what he's doing and they have fuck all to do with the transfers which is exactly what has happened at Citeh.

Like i say its not sour grapes cos you've had enough downs to last a life time and i wish you good luck but don't for one minute think its gonna be plain sailing cos it isn't.

And you never know you might even fill your ground now , what did you have on for your first game of the season again lol ;)

take away all the scousers day trippers and don't win anything for 32 years and we'll see if u get 38000 fans for a game on sky

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
take away all the scousers day trippers and don't win anything for 32 years and we'll see if u get 38000 fans for a game on sky

sport_fishing_picture_3b.jpg Is that a little nibble :D