The ups and downs of a MCFC fan!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
You couldn't make it up could you - can't pay wages one week, breaking the British transfer record another :fekked:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
It makes you wonder who else you could try and sign before the transfer window closes. David Villa and Mario Gomez are two names I've heard mentioned.

Unbelievable.

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN
It makes you wonder who else you could try and sign before the transfer window closes. David Villa and Mario Gomez are two names I've heard mentioned.

Unbelievable.

BBC:
"New owner Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim has revealed he has made bids for Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez"

"Berbatov's missus (who is well fit) has just told Bulgarian TV he wants to win the Champions League this season. This would seem to rule out City."

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
typical birds comment. :rolleyes: I'll post something similar next time you post some shite about hair or something equally as drab:thumbsup:
Woody, football IS only a game. I do think it's exciting that this is going out, quite funny really. City, the "underdogs" potentially gettin a player man u want. It's just funny that when we find out whoever gets him, the other team will be so bitter. Coming up with all sorts of excuses etc. :rofl:

And Woody, cheers for saying what I do for a living is drab. Nice little insult there! :thumbsup:

woody

Woody, football IS only a game. I do think it's exciting that this is going out, quite funny really. City, the "underdogs" potentially gettin a player man u want. It's just funny that when we find out whoever gets him, the other team will be so bitter. Coming up with all sorts of excuses etc. :rofl:

And Woody, cheers for saying what I do for a living is drab. Nice little insult there! :thumbsup:

It is drab to me! As it no doubt is for many other males. Has no reflection on the fact it is your job. I dont doubt for a second you would probably find my job boring, just as the same could be said about many other people. My point was if "its just a game" to you why not just ignore the post instead of making comments when you know full well that football is much more than just a game to many many people:thumbsup:

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
It doesn't really bother me if we sign Berbatov or not he is a sulking whinging twat anyway so not really the sort oof player I desperately want to see at city...

What i do like is this quote however.....

"We really have deep pockets. By closing a deal with one of the players today they can see we are serious in developing the club into one of the top four."
He added: "Our goal is to make this football club one of the best not just in England but also in the world. To reach that goal there is no limit."

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Something major and bizarre going on with Berbatov apparently. Bloke on the Rovers forum, a journo, who is usually spot on with his info has said:

"there is quite a situation brewing over Berbatov, I think it will be the biggest row you have ever heard of and repercussions that could affect the whole of football".

He's not said what it is mind.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
More info:

Man U hijacked him because they thought they could. Fergie played the part of Robert de Niro and was the taxi driver.

However Spurs are going pure mad mental...

Seriously, this could be the biggest row ever.

Trying to confirm something right now. But this one might run and run.

And after the Benjani fiasco, the Premier League may be under pressure to make sure the deadline isn't really the deadline.

woody

I'm guessing it could be the tapping up though.

apparently spurs havent yet given permission for United to speak to him despite Berbatov meeting fergie today and him undergoing a medical this evening. I doubt United would be as blatant as that had permission not being granted but theres probably only a few people that are truely in the know, and we'll find out by tomorrow. It does look increasingly likely that city are running out of time to snatch Berbatov, and despite the rumours regarding Gomez and Villa, I think they've left it a bit late unless they'd already done some work on the transfers behind the scenes. But again, who knows ;)

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
After so many false dawns I still cant believe it, are they sure theyve bought the right club, one that always manages to shoot itself in the foot lol :D

Life is never dull being a City fan, what a 18 months it has been. From hardly having a pot to piss in to being owned by the richest family in the world, who apparantly have a trillion dollars in the bank:fekked: :crazy: What a kick in the nuts for the so called journalists who've had the knives out over the last few weeks:D

Berbatov, cant see it myself, he wants to go to United, and the last thing City need is a proper bellend who couldnt give two fucks about the club, would prefer younger hungry players who want to play for City. Still, cant help smirking on his value shooting up 10 mill:D ;)