Put a donk on it....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
If it makes the kids of today happy, fair play*

* if it also makes me some money, my next release will have a donk on it too :$ :p

boom

Registered Member
Jan 5, 2010
Manchester
Well can't really argue with the sentiment -each to their own.
However the word kettle pot and black spring to mind with a few people in here lol.

I seem to remember a whole long diatribe about , how 85-93 was the best time in the world and anything else after was shit lmao

After 92 nothing was the same the music was not as good bla bla bla, well I liked 95 cos that was my time.lmao

So in away I was just agreeing with you.

Well I still think put a donk on it is shit but that's fine because nothing was the same after 93 - apparently.

Also I can be as narrow minded as I liek as long as I don't incite hatred or persecution based on my narrow mindedness which I havent.
;)

Donk... brainless council music for the ASBO massive... discuss :D

Where's Monty to defend his view that all great music is working class-originated :D

Anyone with half a brain & no ears can tell donk is soul-less fuckin wank :D In fact scratch that.... I ENJOY my wanks :D

PS Does this mean that Young MC / Techno Age are FINALLY getting the rest they deserve rather than being churned out week in / week out at some chavvy 'oldskool' night where the MC's drown out the tunes ?

boom

Registered Member
Jan 5, 2010
Manchester
Well I would agree with you there Mr Radish.

I think the thing with the early days that was nice was everyone was in together but then it split into its different genres,although I went to lots of parties with one room ith techno, one with d&b etc and used to travel between them

Thing is I dont know how all this debate got started . Someone posted a video of that put a donk on it with someone signing which i thought was quite ammusing. Then I posetd a video of mc burberry taking the rip out of it which amused me.

However I think it was tilt seemed to take offence at this and said how it was the most boring thing blabla bla -well thats fair enough but why bother to comment.

I never criticsed anyone or anyones tune other than put a donk on it then all the foosl started oh so is my tune shit as well then so I thought ffs sake and just said yes it is lol.

I think some people take things too seriosuly. ALthough I still stand by the point atht Im not sure how many people will still eb haunted by the modern days tuens when tehy are 40 liek many peopel are by tunes from 85-92/3.

But these things are very important Mr Radish because as I once heard at a chavy old skool night where teh mc drowned out the dj - music is my life it helps me through the vibe.

Think there is another tune weher some bird goes stop being so fucking serious an all :crazy: :S :)

boom

Registered Member
Jan 5, 2010
Manchester
Regarding shoom's comments about monty's view a lot of music like good comedy comes out of hard times and adversity. I often do belive that th reason why the manchester vibe generally speaking was more piano and happya nd housy whilst london was always ahrder and more snobby was cos of how tough theand grim amcn was in teh 80s i mean lets face it place was ashit hole

However teh beatles (and im sure lots of people count taht as good music) wer not working class at all.

The thing taht upsets me tho is I keep waitimng for a new music revolution of originality which doesnt happen
:|

I think that anyone who loves donk also are likely to the type that joins 'We will delete our Facebook accounts if they start charging us'... or 'Ickle baaaaybeeee P... an angel always in our hearts' groups.

The lads probably have Lizzy Duke sovs & Lynx Bullets & the girls have more scunchies & sexual partners than IQ.

Oh they probably smell like chips & Greggs too.

I could be wrong like.... but I fuckin' doubt it :thumbsup:

I think that anyone who loves donk also are likely to the type that joins 'We will delete our Facebook accounts if they start charging us'... or 'Ickle baaaaybeeee P... an angel always in our hearts' groups.

The lads probably have Lizzy Duke sovs & Lynx Bullets & the girls have more scunchies & sexual partners than IQ.

Oh they probably smell like chips & Greggs too.

I could be wrong like.... but I fuckin' doubt it :thumbsup:

Hahahaa :thumbsup: QFT. Clueless music for clueless punters IMHO :cops: