• Other

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Butty

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Personally I think there is very little between success and failure, particulary at international level.

The main reasons why we did not qualify was because we made too many basic mistakes (particulary with the goalkeepin) and were punished.

I totally agree with alot of comments Warren's posts. And Neil your dead right about Scholes, for years he has been my favourite player at Utd :king:

Unfortunately I think Arsenal have now got a gem of there own very similar :cry:

The 'fans' are far too quick to get on the teams back, it wont help em :naughty:

We are definately not as good as we like to think we are, many of the players from other countries are far more Technically gifted than ours. No doubt this is due to both the coaching and the traditional 100 mile an hour style of our football. (and I for one love that style :love: )

I also feel its got alot to do with the mind set of the players. Obviously there is alot of pressure on the players and they all seem to struggle handling it.

We do have some World Class players, but not 11 of em. :| When we had a few injuries/suspensions it showed.

Most of the public want fantastic free flowing football with passion and pride. I think a good side will just pick England off if they play like that.

We need a manager who is going to look at the players we have and make us organised and hard to beat if we are to win things at international level.

Thats how the Germans, Italians, Greeks and even Denmark got there success.

So Id say Mourinho, Cappello fit the bill. least they have some time now to get the right man... how the f*ck McClaren got the job in the 1st place is beyond me :S ...

Though the same thing could be said about those idiots who appoint the manager too :cops:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Though the same thing could be said about those idiots who appoint the manager too :cops:

Who are they accountable to? Absolutely no one. Its a disgrace. If it was any other industry the whole lot wouldve been sacked straight away. If you are in charge, and during your watch you oversee a serious decline in a companys fortunes you are sacked or asked to resign immediately, even if you get a golden handshake (which is a whole new topic:mad: ). FFS, they dont even deserve a golden shower. They are accountants and administrators, let them do that and give the serious work to football people who at least have an idea of what to do.

The French sorted out their mess of the late 80s / early 90s by appointing Houllier and Platini, didnt do them any harm. Beckenbauer hasnt done a bad job for the Germans. Give it to Brooking, he is an intelligent guy who knows what needs to be done. He has been trying for years to get the Burton project off the ground only to be stonewalled by the incompetent beauracrats who made a complete mess of the Wembley "project". The rest of Europe must have been pissing themselves at the World Cup draw with our respected representative Brian Barwick

What can they do, bring it in line with other public businesses? Make them accountable to untrustworthy politicians? That might be a start, at least there might be a chance to knock down the ivory tower.

As for the home nations thing, great idea, lets put on a tournament for the UK and ignore the proper event over the channel, at least it will keep the great unwashed something else to think about. (I think its a crap idea and if I were the Scots & Irish I'd tell the English FA to do one)

Who are they accountable to? Absolutely no one. Its a disgrace. If it was any other industry the whole lot wouldve been sacked straight away. If you are in charge, and during your watch you oversee a serious decline in a companys fortunes you are sacked or asked to resign immediately, even if you get a golden handshake (which is a whole new topic:mad: ). FFS, they dont even deserve a golden shower. They are accountants and administrators, let them do that and give the serious work to football people who at least have an idea of what to do.

The French sorted out their mess of the late 80s / early 90s by appointing Houllier and Platini, didnt do them any harm. Beckenbauer hasnt done a bad job for the Germans. Give it to Brooking, he is an intelligent guy who knows what needs to be done. He has been trying for years to get the Burton project off the ground only to be stonewalled by the incompetent beauracrats who made a complete mess of the Wembley "project". The rest of Europe must have been pissing themselves at the World Cup draw with our respected representative Brian Barwick

What can they do, bring it in line with other public businesses? Make them accountable to untrustworthy politicians? That might be a start, at least there might be a chance to knock down the ivory tower.

As for the home nations thing, great idea, lets put on a tournament for the UK and ignore the proper event over the channel, at least it will keep the great unwashed something else to think about. (I think its a crap idea and if I were the Scots & Irish I'd tell the English FA to do one)

I love it when you go into one Neil :D Didn't that last minute winner put a smile on your face at the weekend ?

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
If you are in charge, and during your watch you oversee a serious decline in a companys fortunes you are sacked or asked to resign immediately, even if you get a golden handshake (which is a whole new topic:mad: ). FFS, they dont even deserve a golden shower.

V Funny & V True :thumbsup: