• Other

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Butty

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
lol. id like to thank all that have voted for me. im awaiting to hear from the FA to see what sort of compensation package they are gonna offer me and we will take things from there :mad:

You would be my second choice.

5+ years of controlling the rabble on here certainly does your credentials no harm, although I would have to call into question your motivational skills

tommy

Jul 27, 2005
WIGAN
For me, as I said last time Sam Allardyce... took Bolton from Division 1 to a very strong Prem side, end of the day he got the most out of players, what did Diouf do at Liverpool? Sweet F.A at Bolton a legend... Mourinho? All the money in the world and did very little for Chelsea? No thanks... yes he won the Prem and the Carling cup but with all the money in the world so he should but not the FA cup or Champions League, lets be honest Mourinho has spent more on players in the last 2 years that Ferguson did between 95 and 99 when they didn win the champions league...:thumbsup:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
For me, as I said last time Sam Allardyce... took Bolton from Division 1 to a very strong Prem side, end of the day he got the most out of players, what did Diouf do at Liverpool? Sweet F.A at Bolton a legend... Mourinho? All the money in the world and did very little for Chelsea? No thanks... yes he won the Prem and the Carling cup but with all the money in the world so he should but not the FA cup or Champions League
Chelsea won the FA cup this year with Mourinho.

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
True, Croatia were the better team, and England are dreadful at keeping the ball, but I dont think you can discount confidence, team spirit or tactics for that matter. This squad are completely bereft of it when they pull on the shirt because of many reasons starting with the management setup.

Good players like Gerrard etc dont become shite or passionless overnight, they are scared stiff of playing for their country, as AB says, its down to attitude.

You dont have to be world beaters to win tournaments, look at Greece in 2004, and Denmark in 1992. Both teams had a gameplan and it worked perfectly

As for the next manager, I'd like to see Mourinho, he inspires people, and those lads out there last night needed that in bucketloads

i agree with a lot of what you say but at the end of the day we think we are a lot better than we are ....

technically from grass roots level we are miles behind other nations .....

i'll compare two players at my club for an example .... xabi alonso and steven gerrard , both have different qualities which are needed to be a top player , but its alonso who posseses the quality to slow a game down or speed it up when need be , its alonso who posseses a better tactical nouse... its common knowledge amongst liverpool fans that for a long time gerrard could only play at 100 miles per hour and its something that he has had to work on before becoming truly world class .....

we can talk about our best striker over the last 8 or 9 years micheal owen ... the lad cant even trap a bag of cement which is an absolute disgrace for a top player and were relying on him lol ....

our fullbacks can only kick a ball with one foot and are about as comfortable on the ball as humpty dumpty was on that wall

we dont posses 1 single world class winger with pace who can beat a man , which again for a country our size footballing wise is a joke and if we did we'd probably have our full backs bombing on thus depriving any space for our wingers to play

we have no balance in the central midfeild areas cos our manager had no balls to drop fat frank

the strenght in depth just insnt there which is why we had such a make shift back four out on wednesday night

we have one world class striker in wayne rooney and he aint even been scoring because the team is set out to play the wrong way

so out of this generation of top top playes , when you look at it what have we actually got ... :confused:

like i say who says we had a god given right to qualify , the croats were miles better than us on a pitch more suited to rugby , they kept it , passed it .. in short they played football

so to say pride and passion would of got us through ... well i have to disagree

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
i agree with a lot of what you say but at the end of the day we think we are a lot better than we are ....

technically from grass roots level we are miles behind other nations .....

i'll compare two players at my club for an example .... xabi alonso and steven gerrard , both have different qualities which are needed to be a top player , but its alonso who posseses the quality to slow a game down or speed it up when need be , its alonso who posseses a better tactical nouse... its common knowledge amongst liverpool fans that for a long time gerrard could only play at 100 miles per hour and its something that he has had to work on before becoming truly world class .....

we can talk about our best striker over the last 8 or 9 years micheal owen ... the lad cant even trap a bag of cement which is an absolute disgrace for a top player and were relying on him lol ....

our fullbacks can only kick a ball with one foot and are about as comfortable on the ball as humpty dumpty was on that wall

we dont posses 1 single world class winger with pace who can beat a man , which again for a country our size footballing wise is a joke and if we did we'd probably have our full backs bombing on thus depriving any space for our wingers to play

we have no balance in the central midfeild areas cos our manager had no balls to drop fat frank

the strenght in depth just insnt there which is why we had such a make shift back four out on wednesday night

we have one world class striker in wayne rooney and he aint even been scoring because the team is set out to play the wrong way

so out of this generation of top top playes , when you look at it what have we actually got ... :confused:

like i say who says we had a god given right to qualify , the croats were miles better than us on a pitch more suited to rugby , they kept it , passed it .. in short they played football

so to say pride and passion would of got us through ... well i have to disagree

Not disagreeing with you mate:)

I didnt say pride and passion would get England through, Ive never bought into the idea that passion is the most important part of playing for your country. You could have pride and passion coming out of your anus but it doesnt help if all you do is run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes because you havent the first idea of how to keep the ball, and your manager hasnt the first idea of how to play to your strengths.

There is a serious problem with the youth set up in this country, everybody has been saying it for years, and done fuck all. The coaches responsible for bringing young lads through dont get paid a decent wage, so the standard is dreadful. Look at school football, as far back as I can remember everyone is obsessed with picking the lads who can head the ball, hoof it forward and run quick, rather than play proper football and it has never changed.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you about England thinking they are better than they actually are. Ive seen shit football for years at Maine Road, I know what Im talking about and I know crap when I see it. Anyone who thinks a side that cannot retain possession are serious challengers for any trophy are deluded. Whos fault is it? If someone is constantly telling you the league is the best in the world, and we have the best players, its bound to go to your head. Its obvious they believe their own hype. Erikksons recent comment made me laugh. Someone asked him why he couldnt get England to play like City have been this year, and his response, "you dont have an Elano".

Look at Lampard, how on earth people rate him is beyond me, he has one part to his game, bombing forward to score from a killer pass. What else does he contribute, does he provide, no does he fuck, can he win the ball, can he fuck, he plays hollywood balls that every know and again come off, but he's not the only one. The last skillful midfielder England had retired far too early because he was sick of being played out of position and the stupid the circus with England.

What Im talking about is the team actually playing as a team, they havent the first idea. Everyone has known for years that Lampard and Gerrard cant play together, but the dimwit who has just been potted couldnt see it. The only time they started playing as a team was when the ginge had his hand forced, not because he could actually put together any sort of gameplan, totally out of his depth.

The squad have absolutely no confidence whatsover, its blindingly obvious, and that comes from the management setup. They need a motivator to get the best out of them, and someone who can kick their egos into touch. Add that to any sort of tactics like the Greeks had in 2004 and then they might have a chance

Fuck me I put myself to sleep with that :sleep:

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN
"Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has effectively ruled himself out of the running for the England job after agreeing a new deal with Rovers"

Funny that I never knew he was in the running ....

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Not disagreeing with you mate:)

I didnt say pride and passion would get England through, Ive never bought into the idea that passion is the most important part of playing for your country. You could have pride and passion coming out of your anus but it doesnt help if all you do is run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes because you havent the first idea of how to keep the ball, and your manager hasnt the first idea of how to play to your strengths.

There is a serious problem with the youth set up in this country, everybody has been saying it for years, and done fuck all. The coaches responsible for bringing young lads through dont get paid a decent wage, so the standard is dreadful. Look at school football, as far back as I can remember everyone is obsessed with picking the lads who can head the ball, hoof it forward and run quick, rather than play proper football and it has never changed.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you about England thinking they are better than they actually are. Ive seen shit football for years at Maine Road, I know what Im talking about and I know crap when I see it. Anyone who thinks a side that cannot retain possession are serious challengers for any trophy are deluded. Whos fault is it? If someone is constantly telling you the league is the best in the world, and we have the best players, its bound to go to your head. Its obvious they believe their own hype. Erikksons recent comment made me laugh. Someone asked him why he couldnt get England to play like City have been this year, and his response, "you dont have an Elano".

Look at Lampard, how on earth people rate him is beyond me, he has one part to his game, bombing forward to score from a killer pass. What else does he contribute, does he provide, no does he fuck, can he win the ball, can he fuck, he plays hollywood balls that every know and again come off, but he's not the only one. The last skillful midfielder England had retired far too early because he was sick of being played out of position and the stupid the circus with England.

What Im talking about is the team actually playing as a team, they havent the first idea. Everyone has known for years that Lampard and Gerrard cant play together, but the dimwit who has just been potted couldnt see it. The only time they started playing as a team was when the ginge had his hand forced, not because he could actually put together any sort of gameplan, totally out of his depth.

The squad have absolutely no confidence whatsover, its blindingly obvious, and that comes from the management setup. They need a motivator to get the best out of them, and someone who can kick their egos into touch. Add that to any sort of tactics like the Greeks had in 2004 and then they might have a chance

Fuck me I put myself to sleep with that :sleep:

great post and we agree on most things, i know first hand about the size issue , i was at wigan for a number of years , played for merseyside county and for runcorn for a short spell but because of my weight i had no real chance of making it .....

take some of the smallest or should i say slightest players around now or from the last 10 years ( whose games dont rely on pace ) .... yossi benayoum , luis garcia , tim cahill, kinkladze , zola, or bernabia ( im sure he was on the short side ) theres a good chance they wouldnt have made it in this country, to me its no coincidence that they were all coached abroad ... there are going to be exeptions but in the majority i think its the case

we have major problems and have had them for years and that is my point.... why for instance ( until recently) did we play eleven a side from the age of 6 in full size goals with a size 5 on a full size pitch lol ? ....

hopefully something has to be sorted out but having listened to ian wright on my way home from work yesterday talking about how we need to get back to the hustle and bustle of the english premier league , how we need to get back to that up and at them in your face shite, how we have to play a high tempo game ALL THE TIME , i seriously doubt it,

a lad rang in and made some great points about how wayne bridge was technicall awful and so one footed he dosent deserve to play in the premier league never mind our national team and you know what the lad was basically laughed of the station and told by the pundit how GOOD wayne bridge is lolololol .. it beggars belief

by the way your right about paul scholes ;)

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
great post and we agree on most things, i know first hand about the size issue , i was at wigan for a number of years , played for merseyside county and for runcorn for a short spell but because of my weight i had no real chance of making it .....

take some of the smallest or should i say slightest players around now or from the last 10 years ( whose games dont rely on pace ) .... yossi benayoum , luis garcia , tim cahill, kinkladze , zola, or bernabia ( im sure he was on the short side ) theres a good chance they wouldnt have made it in this country, to me its no coincidence that they were all coached abroad ... there are going to be exeptions but in the majority i think its the case

we have major problems and have had them for years and that is my point.... why for instance ( until recently) did we play eleven a side from the age of 6 in full size goals with a size 5 on a full size pitch lol ? ....

hopefully something has to be sorted out but having listened to ian wright on my way home from work yesterday talking about how we need to get back to the hustle and bustle of the english premier league , how we need to get back to that up and at them in your face shite, how we have to play a high tempo game ALL THE TIME , i seriously doubt it,

a lad rang in and made some great points about how wayne bridge was technicall awful and so one footed he dosent deserve to play in the premier league never mind our national team and you know what the lad was basically laughed of the station and told by the pundit how GOOD wayne bridge is lolololol .. it beggars belief

by the way your right about paul scholes ;)

It pains me to say it but Scholes is class, and England have really missed him. :eek:

Youre probably right on the coaching abroad point mate. I dont see the International leagues knocking down the door of English coaches, desparate to get their input. You do wonder what goes through the mind of our lot who think size is the most important issue for footballers. I dont see Argentina complaining about 5ft 5" Maradona or 5ft 6" Lionel Messi, or Spain complaining about 5ft 7 Xavi Hernandez :rolleyes:

Talkshite makes me laugh, although I cant help listening to it even if it is just to disagree with the numpties:$ . They are part of the whole media circus problem, massaging egos of players who dont deserve it. If they keep on saying it enough times people will believe it, after all, the international game is all about pace and power isnt it:rolleyes:

To be honest I could sit all day in the boozer talking about this lol:thumbsup:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
It pains me to say it but Scholes is class, and England have really missed him. :eek:

Youre probably right on the coaching abroad point mate. I dont see the International leagues knocking down the door of English coaches, desparate to get their input. You do wonder what goes through the mind of our lot who think size is the most important issue for footballers. I dont see Argentina complaining about 5ft 5" Maradona or 5ft 6" Lionel Messi, or Spain complaining about 5ft 7 Xavi Hernandez :rolleyes:

Talkshite makes me laugh, although I cant help listening to it even if it is just to disagree with the numpties:$ . They are part of the whole media circus problem, massaging egos of players who dont deserve it. If they keep on saying it enough times people will believe it, after all, the international game is all about pace and power isnt it:rolleyes:

To be honest I could sit all day in the boozer talking about this lol:thumbsup:

well you wouldnt have to twist my arm lol :p

Jose Mourinho! are you all taking the p*ss!
Roy Keane, who personally i think is an manc/mackem scummer hit the nail on the head when he said the england team is all about ego's! Mourinho's got the biggest ego in the world!
it HAS to be a englishman that has pride passion & heart, thats what's missing with this team at the moment
the players should not be paid for playing for england, expenses only and the should sing the national anthem, if they are royalist or not!
so from the list i'd probaly prefer redknapp or shearer maybe, i think allardyce is a bit too uncouth! or of course Butty! ;)
well thats my little rant over

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Jose Mourinho! are you all taking the p*ss!
Roy Keane, who personally i think is an manc/mackem scummer hit the nail on the head when he said the england team is all about ego's! Mourinho's got the biggest ego in the world!
it HAS to be a englishman that has pride passion & heart, thats what's missing with this team at the moment
the players should not be paid for playing for england, expenses only and the should sing the national anthem, if they are royalist or not!
so from the list i'd probaly prefer redknapp or shearer maybe, i think allardyce is a bit too uncouth! or of course Butty! ;)
well thats my little rant over

shearer or redknapp ( arthur daley ) lol your kidding right ......

expenses and singing the national anthem has got bugger all to do with it ......

the jocks sing thier national anthem better than anyone , when did they last qualify for a tournament ( although they did do themselves a lot prouder than our boys )

we have been failing as a national team a long long time before the overpaid superstars of today came along .... so everyone wake up and smell the coffee lol we arnt as good as we think and we play the wrong brand of football , thats why we rely on individuals so much .....and when our individuals fail to perform ( which is human by the way ) we have no team pattern or ethic to fall back on

its easy to understand when you think about it ....