January is Poo!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
God I hate January :S it has to be the worst month of the year. Im not even a Christmasy person so its not just the anti climax of that. Its just that its soooo bloody long, we're only on the 8th and it feels like it should be nearly Feb already :crazy:

The weather is crap, the days are short, my job is still boring with not much to do, its depressing, miserable and the summer (if we get one) feels like an eternity away :|

Thankfully we do have a lovely w.e away in a posh hotel to look forward to, but thats it!

I dont like February either but at least its got the wonderful commercial valentines day lol (and its short)

Does anyone else feel the same or am I just a moaning cow lol? :D (fuck off shoomie :) )

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Apart from the weather its the same as any other month for me :rolleyes: hav'nt got a great deal to look forward to just yet but im happy enough so i dont mind :thumbsup:

sincerely hope we do get some sunshine this yr tho :cool: it does make a huge difference ;)

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
i feel exactly the same. Was only thinking yesterday cool it must be payday soon & looked at my watch to find it was the 7th. pisser. when it gets to feb you know springs on t'way but january is still the bloody middle of winter.
deffo not getting dark as soon tho, last week or so...

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
God I hate January :S it has to be the worst month of the year. Im not even a Christmasy person so its not just the anti climax of that. Its just that its soooo bloody long, we're only on the 8th and it feels like it should be nearly Feb already :crazy:

The weather is crap, the days are short, my job is still boring with not much to do, its depressing, miserable and the summer (if we get one) feels like an eternity away :|

Thankfully we do have a lovely w.e away in a posh hotel to look forward to, but thats it!

I dont like February either but at least its got the wonderful commercial valentines day lol (and its short)

Does anyone else feel the same or am I just a moaning cow lol? :D (fuck off shoomie :) )

I love the Bleak Mid Winter. . .I find it so cathartic.

I do not see what is not to like.;)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
January is mint, its the start of the year and is filled with optimism for the year ahead and the hope of good things to come:)

I really like Jan too, all crisp and cold still- i just filled the space at the sides of the woodburner with logs. Its my birthday soon as well, so all is good for me:)

I like what you said here- and i think you might be right. Perhaps if you start the year thinking great things will happen, maybe they will. Even if they don't being positive and upbeat in your outlook on life is good place to be:thumbsup:

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
I really like Jan too, all crisp and cold still- i just filled the space at the sides of the woodburner with logs. Its my birthday soon as well, so all is good for me:)

I like what you said here- and i think you might be right. Perhaps if you start the year thinking great things will happen, maybe they will. Even if they don't being positive and upbeat in your outlook on life is good place to be:thumbsup:

my birthday as well on the 31st of jan:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'm usually sat in hot hotube around this time each year, relaxing my muscles and watching the sun go down:love: It's a great time of the year in the mountains:cool:

emmab

Mar 18, 2004
preston
Im with you Sweet on that defo. This Jan is the shittest ever and pay day is an eternity away :cry: I need a go damn holiday ;)

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
P.S I hate all of winter , not just January , it should be banned ;)

Am mega busy now and all through January anyway so i'm sure it will fly by, yay!
tHEN fEBRUARY IS SHORT ANYWAY, WELL ONE DAY LONGER AS ITS LEAP YEAR THIS TIME
whoops caps.. cant be arsed to change it now :S
then its March! Spring again!

:cool:

I love the Bleak Mid Winter. . .I find it so cathartic.

well youre just weird anyway ;)

I do not see what is not to like.;)

sweet sensation said:
The weather is crap, the days are short, my job is still boring with not much to do, its depressing, miserable and the summer (if we get one) feels like an eternity away

Amelie said:
Perhaps if you start the year thinking great things will happen, maybe they will. Even if they don't being positive and upbeat in your outlook on life is good place to be

My year has started very positively thank you, probably the best start to a year ever :D but it has cock all to do with that at all. I just HATE the winter, its shit, cold and makes the majority of 'normal' people miserable!!!! ;)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
My year has started very positively thank you, probably the best start to a year ever :D but it has cock all to do with that at all. I just HATE the winter, its shit, cold and makes the majority of 'normal' people miserable!!!! ;)

Err, nobody said it didn't. I actually quoted Easty and said i liked what he said. I didn't metnion the weather at all with regards to state of mind- and i clearly didn't metnion yours- hence me quoting Easty and not you. It had nothing to do with you:crazy:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Oooo get you!:p

It's warm and dry if you're wearing the right gear;) :D

Like the saying in the mountains goes ''There's no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothing'':cool: