I Emigrate to New Zealand today...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Just want to wish everyone on OSA the best for the coming years ahead.

You have all been fantastic to me over the years & you & the UK will be missed.

All the best

Dan xx

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Hope you are happy mate! :cool:

When you get chance to set up your studio the most important thing is your acoustics,get a good pair of studio monitors & make sure you are in the sweet spot like a triangle & you are on a equal level as your speakers,i noticed on your pic your speakers was above your head...Thats my studio waffle! :thumbsup:

I am sure you have more important things to do at this time,unpacking & settling in etc :thumbsup:

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Good luck,hope you have a swell time,if i was to emigrate i would deffo pick somewhere like new zealand...All the best...:D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
All the best Dan with your new life in Kiwi land. Hope all goes to plan mate:beer: :D

The Awesome Foursome is still high up on my list of things to do, so if you're anywhere near Queenstown when I head over then maybe see you out for a pint :beer:

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Dan

I wish the very best for the future - doesn`t get much bigger for a life changing event mate.

Will send you that long wanted tune of yours as soon as you give me the nod. Who would have thought that one of your most elusive to find tunes turned out to have been made by two of my mates from Fleetwood. All to OSA !!

You will always be at home here my friend.

Safe journey and keep in touch.

May 16, 2008
Moomin Valley
All the very best to you Dan :D iam sure everything will go to plan for yas wish I was as brave as you ! We will all still be here anytime you want to pop on for a chat iam sure , exciting times ahead for you now enjoy! :D

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
All the best in the colonies matey. I reckon NZ would be an awesome place to live!:thumbsup:

Your new neighbours!;)

maori.jpg

Warriors.jpg

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
Good luck Silky mate, maybe you can get on OSA playing on some funny time slots when all the off the head nutters are about wanting some live tunes :thumbsup:

P.S watch out for those bloody earthquakes as they will make the needle jump off the recerd! ;)

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
All the best Dan, hope it all works out for you mate. Keep in touch and i'll hold on to the tunes for you until you get yourself settled over there!!!

:thumbsup:

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Hello or Kia Ora from New Zealand.

Landed here yesterday everything is great so far.

My 1st day has been on the beach 25 Degrees & have Paddle Boarded & Snorkelled & now glass of wine and about to have a BBQ. Can't really get better than that.

Hope you are happy mate! :cool:

When you get chance to set up your studio the most important thing is your acoustics,get a good pair of studio monitors & make sure you are in the sweet spot like a triangle & you are on a equal level as your speakers,i noticed on your pic your speakers was above your head...Thats my studio waffle! :thumbsup:

I am sure you have more important things to do at this time,unpacking & settling in etc :thumbsup:

Monty thanks for the tips, I think ill buy some more Monitors once I'm settled and have them at seat level, your right about the sweet spot as I found DJ'ing when stood up to sound better than producing (Sat Down) as the Speakers were above me at the time, really looking forward to finding out how creative ill be once my studio gear arrives in a few months time.

Can't wait to make music again I had such a blast doing it before I left, Thanks for buying one of my tunes off me....

All the best Dan with your new life in Kiwi land. Hope all goes to plan mate:beer: :D

The Awesome Foursome is still high up on my list of things to do, so if you're anywhere near Queenstown when I head over then maybe see you out for a pint :beer:

Jigs, based in Auckland at the mo, but will be touring for the 1st few months in a Camper finding a place to live. But if im ever near or living in Queenstown there will be a place for you to crash mate, same goes for anywhere here in NZ for you. Thanks

Dan

I wish the very best for the future - doesn`t get much bigger for a life changing event mate.

Will send you that long wanted tune of yours as soon as you give me the nod. Who would have thought that one of your most elusive to find tunes turned out to have been made by two of my mates from Fleetwood. All to OSA !!

You will always be at home here my friend.

Safe journey and keep in touch.

Barrie, thanks loads for sorting that tune for me, dead chuffed to nail it. It is so funny to find out that 2 of your mates made it. Such a sweet EP. If only all my wants turned out to be made from mate of a mate ill be made up. haha.

All the best in the colonies matey. I reckon NZ would be an awesome place to live!:thumbsup:

Your new neighbours!;)

View attachment 32012

View attachment 32011

Class fella, seen loads of Marois already they are great people, Big friendly giants.

All the best Dan, hope it all works out for you mate. Keep in touch and i'll hold on to the tunes for you until you get yourself settled over there!!!

:thumbsup:

Glyn, thanks mate, Im sorry I never had a chance to see you before I left. I hope the TP was a great gift for you, if it wasn't for you mate the EP wouldn't of happened so thanks. I will very much miss the UK & for all its faults it does have some amazing things going for it which ill miss loads. Keep in touch fella. Ill let you know my address once I have a proper one.

Much love OSA......... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
That sounds like a great adventure mate, taking a camper round the country touring:cool: I'm really envious now as it's without doubt one of the most scenic countries in the world with everything from sandy beaches, to glaciers, lakes and mountains aplenty:cool: