hip house

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I'm glad you find my non-humourous post funny lol:p :S :moonie:

We got nothing in common! we don't feel the same things! you have lack of understanding of my natural rawness which will only split us up in the long run! i'am sorry but i have to let you go! i'am sure you will find someone else!

Know were is that Roxanne Shante! :p

Hip Hop/Electro/Funk/Scratching/breakdancing & so on thats why i love Breakbeat it's pure & natural nothing to do with House one bit! LMAO!

& Yes your post was funny!

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
shame...

We got nothing in common! we don't feel the same things! you have lack of understanding of my natural rawness which will only split us up in the long run! i'am sorry but i have to let you go! i'am sure you will find someone else!

Know were is that Roxanne Shante! :p

Hip Hop/Electro/Funk/Scratching/breakdancing & so on thats why i love Breakbeat it's pure & natural nothing to do with House one bit! LMAO!

& Yes your post was funny!

this forum is all to do with house then really :)

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.

Monty, I'm no expert on Breakbeat. . .. but, even I can see that all these genres are cross-pollinated and share some lineage.

I think it's what we all share musically that makes the scene so interesting personally.:thumbsup:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Monty, I'm no expert on Breakbeat. . .. but, even I can see that all these genres are cross-pollinated and share some lineage.

I think it's what we all share musically that makes the scene so interesting personally.:thumbsup:

I listen to Break Beat as there is nothing else to listen to that interests me out there Break Beat keeps me going! & takes me back to these places i love! o! there is some wicked real Electro out there! Not Electro House!

My main point is to do with real Hip Hop & Hip House! as the subject of what i was originally talking about got mixed up!

When House copies music it just going to come off second best! & yes this is most defo a House forum!

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
Couple of my favourites that aint had a mention yet

King Sun - On The Club Tip
Most Wanted - Calm Down
Spike Rebel & I.C.E. - Get On Up

:cool:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Also love the bones of this AWB sampling beast :)

YouTube - Awesome Dre - "You Can't Hold Me Back"[/QUOTE

you have my vote there shoomington

i used the scarface intro on an old mix tape, but this was my fave off the album :cool: YouTube - Awesome Dre - "Sackchasers"

i also think the term hiphouse is a little confusing, ie where is the line drawn between the styles, as ive heard hiphop tunes dropped at house parties that have blown the roof off :cool: are we calling hiphouse, house tunes with a rap on :confused: anyway im easily confused when it comes to style names. but here are a few others that i have been known to shake my ass at, be it called hip hop hip house or even as in Hashim - Al-Naafiysh electro phones:

YouTube - MC Tunes vs 808 State - Tune splits the atom THE WORD 1990

YouTube - Tuff Crew - My Part of Town

KING BEE - FEEL THE FLOW

YouTube - Hashim - Al-Naafiysh (The Soul) (STEREO UPLOAD)

YouTube - Mark Summers - Party Children

YouTube - Silver Bullet - Bring Forth the Guillotine

YouTube - MC Duke - I'm Riffin

YouTube - Sydney Fresh - Feel The Bass (Hot African Remix)

YouTube - Think Tank - Hack One (The Internet Worm Mix)

YouTube - WESTBAM alarm clock

YouTube - Twin Hype

YouTube - Hibrid - Twisted Tambourine

and on and on :thumbsup:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton

Cross- Pollinated :D Loving your work Chris :thumbsup:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Some excellent shouts there, Fast Eddie - Get on up is a good one as well.
Tony Scotts tunes are mint.

Theres loads, hip house is mint.

Also

>>YouTube - Queen Latifah - Come Into My House (Zanzibar Mix) (1990)

Thats is an absolute tune, I like the minimal sounding version, forget what the name of the mix is, lol it might be the Zanibar mix, at work cant listen to tube.

PS Just remembered one,
Reese - You're Mine (12") at Discogs

My mates used to think it was dead cheesy but I told them to fuck off:thumbsup:

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
not read all the thread but sum of these are just plain old hip hop imo, albiet fast and funky hip hop... i remember someone on osa once saying 'dj mink can u relate' isnt hip hop, but house... ????.... the toon is original funk breaks, scratchin and rappin... how much more hip hop can u get??

i love all that stuff, but i think a lot of hiphouse can sound a bit cheesey tbh especially the euro stuff, but mr lee get busy, twin hype who like to groove etc are my favs:cool:

YouTube - DJ Chuck Chillout and Kool Chip - No DJ Like Chuck -- 1989

Wow!

There are soo many wicked hip-house tunes posted here that I aint heard in ages. I loved collecting hip-house back in the day and will now start buying them again! Now I gotta get a list together and go hunting :) I deffo gotta get Chubb Rock - Im Bad as my copies taken a battering!

Last year I did a Young MC v Doug Lazy mashup that I posted on youtube.

YouTube - Young MC V Doug Lazy (Live Mix)

mukka

Nov 30, 2008
M25 Acieeeed
tyree house music is my life,

and to those dissing hip house, chicago and acid, reckon you wanna get your white gloves out, vicks vapo rub, dummies and whistles, and fuck off to fantazia