Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
pauly p said:
Anything with Stussy on it :D

Wouldn't like to say I had "a style" but as it mostly involves retro addidas/fila gear, plus of course the above mentioned Stussy (Pauly you know you want to sell that black puffa type thing) maybe I inadvertenly do? Only because I like what I buy and not because I'm trying portray an image. Thats the sad thing about scallies, who pay through the teeth for a Paul & Shark jumper/Prada coat (although mostly from the catalogue) because its seen as a status symbol. Sad

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
I hate looking scruffy but being a bit of a lanky fooka can get para about "i like this but divvent wanna look a tit". Turtley agree with earlier posts... I mean it's not a battle of the sexes, but there's so much accessible choice for women out there nowadays it seems almost easier to get it right than to get it wrong. Not the same for blurks... but anyway. I know nowt about clothes or shopping so should probley shut me gob.

Aforementioned paranoia usually means I play it a bit safe. Always strongly wanting to go a bit mental, but lacking the bottle/confidence. Like to look smart tho, so it's smart-safe style for me (if that makes sense). Got a fairly small wardrobe, me but most of it's good quality & you can just grab stuff off the rail & 9/10 times it'll look reet :thumbsup: Straightforward classic lines & shapes. Primary colours but I must confess, sometimes I'll throw a bit of a twist in.

Love Paul smith for precisely that reason. Great quality stuff, reasonably priced, dead stylish (IMHO) but often his stuff will surprise you (like his fine woven silk "office" ties... with a massive-chebbed naked bird print on the back of them :thumbsup:)

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
My style.......... well, I have tons of clothes, i leterally have to make sure my dirty linen basket always has stuff in it coz my stuff doesn't fit!

I am similar to cheryl in that i buy stuff pretty much every week. I'm obsessed. As it's nearin my hols and i've got to save I darent go out on my dinner for fear of walkin into topshop or somewhere where i know i will buy somet. :crazy:

I'm obsessed with tops, i have so many and I find myself tryin to wear stuff i havent worn in a while coz i'm a bugger for wearin the same stuff.

I love jeans, i seriously own like..... 20 odd pairs prob:$ , but again i have the ol' faithfuls!

I love how peeps accessorize with earring n sheet but i can coz of a bloody allergy to non silver/gold (altho i dont wear gold) shiznit! :( GUTTED!

I seriously need more belts and bracelets tho! I like accessories, bags n sheet but I prefer to get a few good quality key pieces (leather etc) than to get loads of cheap crap!! Timeless stuff will last ladies! :D

I don't think I follow any particular trends altho some of the stuff i buy may be classsed as trendy it's only coz I like the look of it!

I get well annoyed when i have a vision of somet in my head which i cant find..... :mad: loz, i'm still lookin for my floppy satchel bag thingy ma bob!!!

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
amymars said:
:
BUT! Im gonna defend my shop now lol

New look, started off as a shit cheap value shop. 50% of it still is. Hooooowever. We are moving to the new bit in the arndale. We are having a boutique range, a tall range, a maternity range, kidswear, babies, petite, mens, everything! I've seen the new stuff in our newsletter, and the boutique stuff looks pretty good I have to say! Bit more like topshop with some more outlandish prints and classier accessories....but not as pricey.

So, get yer ass down to the new new look in October in Manchester. :) Avoid our combat pants at all costs. lol[/COLOR]

Never will anything change my mind about new look clothes; reeeeally badly made cheap looking imitations of Topshop stuff, and Topshop isn't even particularly special itself. I'd sooner concoct a wardrobe from Huddersfield market than New Look :| . One of my mates used to work there and has alot of clothes from there. New Look personified. I've seen it and it is not nice. In fact, its offensive to my poor eyes. You can disguise Primark stuff, but I stand by what I said, you reeeeally can tell a New Look shopper in one glance. It reminds me of 'Select', which, shock horror, is even worse than NL!!!

Just IMO of course :)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
amymars said:
:Hooooowever. We are moving to the new bit in the arndale. We are having a boutique range, a tall range, a maternity range, kidswear, babies, petite, mens, everything! ]

Fortunately, I am not tall, short, pregnant, a child, a baby, or a man...so far as I can tell :he she: So I can confirm that I definitely will not be shopping there.

Bay Trading is also criminal.

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Burrberry cap , lacoste stripes , nike tracky pants (tucked into socks) , rockports . .

Oh and not forgetting mi gold chains ;)

I want to add to the list of most hated shops!!!! MORGAN. I think it is the most overpriced load of NYLON tack ever!!!!
Cheryl, you're not a typical girl...I don't kniw many girls with that amount of clothes. As a student how do you afford it???? I can't even afford it??? LOL Leopard print stillettos...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Good call. I didn't think that'd be ur thing, I dunno why. Are they full stillettos too? Or half?

Carrying on from what jiggers said, about blokes not having the choice. I'd tend to agree. I think there is alot more you can do with a womans body, short skirt,trowsers, cleaverly placed tape, high shoes low shoes...you get the drift.

Jeans and t-shirt it is. I occasionally though see guys who dress exceptionally. I don't know where they shop though. Although this guy had the fittest cream leather jacket on once, and I asked him where it was from...All Saints. (fucking ace shop, very stylish gear inside.) He didn't look gay, just stupidly cool. That makes my mouth water. Jeans and t-shirt just dont cut the mustard for me.

li'l Sonz said:
Timeless stuff will last ladies! :D

Totally agreed. I have lots of stylish one off's. But like the other day, I pannicked, and thought I had nothing to wear (and a wardrobe full of clothes). Sonz said it's because I have too many pieces that stand out. I love that though, I'm not an understated person...in any sense. But it means there always has to be somthing new...or it's not good. My clothes have at least a year long cycle...when it comes to going out stuff. Appart from my mad brown tweed skirt, which I would wear every day if I could!!!! I feel ace in it. There has never been anything like it ever!!!