Describe your style...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
I work at new look, and while half of it is shit, some of it is ok! i get 50% off too.....so I buy shite loads.
Half of my pay goes on clothes every month. I have about one large bag a month going to the charity shop, just because my wardrobe cant take my clothes....and I decide I dont like stuff after a bit........bit bad really. :$

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I can see far more options for women to look unique, than for men.

Yeah fine now i've recovered from the weekend thanks S-J:thumbsup: Hope you're well yourself:)

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Jiglo said:
I can see far more options for women to look unique, than for men.

Yeah fine now i've recovered from the weekend thanks S-J:thumbsup: Hope you're well yourself:)

Yep I think your right on that one Jiggz.... I fear this is where the "Pink" T-Shirt wearing boy brigade has steamed from :rolleyes: Which Im sorry to say is proper wrong!!! Deary meeee....

Looking unique is an art form it comes from within, its not the label that your wearing either thats just all cods wallop to me! the more of the bargain I can pick up the better my soul feels! :thumbsup:

I have to find the most off the wall quirky outfits I can manage to find, trying to look differnt every time I play out...

As Ive said I have no particular style... its just mine! Its one of those that if other people say that "I could never wear that because its not fashionable" Well guess what? I will!! :thumbsup:

Glad your feeling better chuck... Soz I havnt replied to your PM yet chuck Ive been mad busy! But I will be with you soon!

S-J x :love:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
You say soon, but how long is soon?:( I can't wait for an answer:cry: .........are we running off to get married in Gretna then or what?:confused:

Just kidding Lol No need for a reply though S-J, as I was only replying to your pm:thumbsup: :)

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
My style - aging ex soccer casual who thinks todays fashion is to sloppy and grungy:mad: whats wrong with looking smart ffs lol.

I still have a 1989 Armand Basi T-shirt which I wear some times as it was only ever worn a few times back then and I still own a Stone Island ICE jacket from back then which is a bright orange, duck down filled puffer style thing which turns dark brown in the cold - that cost a few bob back in the days I tell thee.
Even when I look in the shops nowadays nothing takes my fancy:(

Andy

woody

Lozzie said:
Jigz man, I love that you posted in this. I love skater style too. Just recently, I think that it is very trendy and funky. I love that!

Lozzie said:
Me myself, well, I love different stuff. I hate to follow trends

Contradicting yaself Lozboz :p
edit forgot to say, i wear what i like, and i like what i wear :D wouldnt say i have a particular style or owt :)

Last edited:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
woody said:
Contradicting yaself Lozboz :p
edit forgot to say, i wear what i like, and i like what i wear :D wouldnt say i have a particular style or owt :)

yeah you do, its woody style.

soaking wet shirt style! hehehe ;)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Lol, how did you know i'd reply to this thread!!!!!!!!

Erm...i'm fcking addicted to clothes, accessories, shoes and shopping. I HAVE to buy something new AT LEAST once a week, I live in the centre of town so I literally just walk down the road and i'm in Topshop, or USC, (the only half decent shops in Shef centre), or I walk accross the road, get on the tram and i'm at Meadowheaven in 20 minutes. LETHAL.

So far this week, i've bought a vest, an offensively tiny pleated styleee skirt (which is IDENTICAL to FOUR I already own but a different colour, from Topshop) Some leopard print stilletto's and a bag to match, about 5 pairs of earrings, a necklace, and 3 sparkly bracelets. Oh - and a bikini for my holiday. Last week I was skint so I just bought a T-shirt to stave off the crave. This is no lie, i'm fcking terrible for it, if you spoke to my housmates.....:|

Those on here who are lucky enough to know me :condom: will know what my 'thing' is...................................................................skirts, of the uber-mini-variety - in every colour under the rainbow, tight, flarey, polka dot, striped, puffy, about a squillion different denim ones...tweed!!....every kind you can imagine. Short dresses & funky daytime dresses are wicked too, got a reeet one the other day :D I love bright bold colours, particularly bright yellow, turquoise and green, and some pinks, if the clothes are good quality and tasteful, and I wear a heck of alot of white - I have enough white skirts to sink a battle ships, and SEVEN (mostly khaki) green ones!!!! (yes I counted them :condom: :condom: :condom: ) :crazy:. lol. Also, knee boots, Flat, heeled, COWBOY style, I own TWELVE pairs of boots, and 9 of them are different shades of brown!!! two black, one white...lol. And jesus christ, BELTS!!!! I have a massiiiiiiive collection of them, loads of beige ones :confused: to match the collection of beige boots I guess!!

I like Chantelle from BB's style, I think, to say she's not the brightest spark, her dress sense is fookin immense!!!! Fun, sassy, sexy, bold, just stylish in her own individual, fun way :D

I think the 'understated' look is cool too, like somehow making combats and a jumper look like a million dollars, by getting the perfect fit, best quality, perfect shade of whatever colour it is lol, right accessories etc. I definitely dress according to mood/destination of the day.

My favourite shops are boutique type ones, like you mentioned Loz, with one offs that no-one else in the world has got. I HATE it when people copy what I wear, why copy anyone?? Be individual!!!

I DESPISE shops like New Look, West One, Jane Norman!!!! Ultimate half-job tack fest!!!!!!!! You can tell a New Look shopper a mile off!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying that, I don't mind Primark!! Blinkers down, dodge most of it, you do actually find the odd one off in there that you can pull off, I got a wicked little white ra ra skirt with small red polka dots on from there the other day, Loz, remember that baby blue & white striped one I had on at Futurevibe aaaages ago that you counln't believe was from Primark?!!!

Its funny, my wardrobe is heaving but I still feel like its empty, theres stuff in there i've never worn, 'cos I haven't found anything to go with it yet lol. I still feel like theres so much stuff I want that just doesn't exist though :( lol. Yes i'm a true female :he she: :condom: :rolleyes: :cops:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Miss C said:
I DESPISE shops like New Look, West One, Jane Norman!!!! Ultimate half-job tack fest!!!!!!!! You can tell a New Look shopper a mile off!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying that, I don't mind Primark!!

:cops: :cops:

Jane Norman is gay. Not only is everything tiny but its like upper class chav, if there is such a thing. hmmmm,
Primark does have the odd good thing in! If you put it with the right shit it looks koolio,

BUT! Im gonna defend my shop now lol

New look, started off as a shit cheap value shop. 50% of it still is. Hooooowever. We are moving to the new bit in the arndale. We are having a boutique range, a tall range, a maternity range, kidswear, babies, petite, mens, everything! I've seen the new stuff in our newsletter, and the boutique stuff looks pretty good I have to say! Bit more like topshop with some more outlandish prints and classier accessories....but not as pricey.

So, get yer ass down to the new new look in October in Manchester. :) Avoid our combat pants at all costs. lol

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
I wear what i want and when i want.
I like to be casual when im shopping or chilling or smart for work or but i do like to dress in a nice feminine way. I love shoes (like amy i love high heels) and i buy lots of accessories - such as jewlery and handbags and belts etc etc:D my closet is busting at the seams but i dont care - i love everything in it and im not getting rid of anything. Latest buy was a fab matthew williamson bag from debenhams - god i love it!!! Also got a cool military style jacket from Morgan for £15 (reduced from £70) and it looks great teamed with jeans :thumbsup:
I dont care where I shop so long as what i am buying makes me look and feel good - and stuff what anyone else thinks.:D
Fave coat - is a long pale pink wool coat for winter and i wear it with my chilli pepper fluffy scarf and its lovely :love: (cos i like to be bright and cheery even when its cold and bleak outside)
So all in all i think im more of a girlie girl..........:D

I wont dress like a tomboy as it does not suit me.:S

Silky said:
I like to be NAKED all the time,

Thats the best Style!!!

;)

now where do you live again.........................:p ;)