Cd Deck Massive

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

bexleydurden

Jun 8, 2008
'Sconge, West Lancs
Setting it up and getting going took no more than 10 minutes. That included copying some tracks to a 8gb flash drive. The larger 250gb drive took longer to sort as the unit will not play NTFS formatted drives only FAT32. The beauty is you simply plug the drive into the Denon and format it via the utilities menu. Now that's genius as Vista won't let you format FAT32 as Micro$hite want to phase it out. Obviously there's a world of other stuff with the effects, sampler, mirror mix etc that take a bit longer to master.

Hope you liked the NFADS remix. Brings back some funny memories of staggering round in Konspiracy! :king:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
image-dnhs5500-top.jpg

lol thats the one mi m8 shine has got, scrap the pic i put up before, dnhs5500 is the bees knees :thumbsup: the hot cues are excellent, better than the pioneers, although the bpm can be a little dodgy at times

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
hhhhm neil, dont tell me you are getting drawn away from vynil to the other side mate;)

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
cheers everyone

has no one used the technics 1200 cdj ?

quite like final scratch or seranto have used FS before and found it good fun

going off the cdjs the DN HS5500 looks the bollocks after seeing it close up on saturday night :cool:

but bloody expensive mind at 700 odd , the DNS3500's are v nice too are these just as good as the 5000/5500 model but without the alpha function ? seen these at more affordable cost like

:thumbsup:

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
I network a laptop, so anything I download new or old can instantly be accessed over the network and fed into Final Scratch. The control is still vinyl as the time coded vinyls do the job nicely, it saves on space and there's no cost at all for any media which saves on time and money.

It's an alternative and works best for me, might not be for everyone but something to consider.

:)

Scott, can the Time-coded vinyls for FS get scratched? if so, whats the cost of replacement ones?

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
cheers mate. Re: technics cd decks, all the reviews ive read both on here and the likes of youtube say they look good but dont perform too bright. :thumbsup:

That's what I've heard also, had a quick spin on one of these in Cookies DJ store in Stoke. . . .Not too impressed to be honest.

Pioneer . .. industry standard. . . .if you play out it probably makes sense.

However, I had a go on Jack g's Denon Dns5000 deck. . . .Really impressive once you work out the buttons!!

The ability to read two tracks at once means it does not become an extra deck. . . .but an extra 2. .. .. fantastic if space and money is limited. Loads of loop/effects. . . . .Bobby Dazzler!

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
I have 2 x 1210 mark 2 technics and would never part with them.

On the cdj front i bought a pioneer cdj 800 mk 2 last year and have been really happy with it.

I am in the next couple of months going to buy another cdj- either the Pioneer 1000 or one of the Dennons above and a new mixer as well.Decisons decisions.

Then also going to invest in 2 cdj stands to make more room- the reason i need another cdj is because i have stopped buying any new tunes on viynl forever; and i need the 2nd cdj to do new mixes

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Really liking the look of the technics deck only thing is they seem to limited when compared to the denon deck for effects etc but that said from what i have read they are allegedly the closest thing to mixing vinyl (not my opinion just what i have read before anyone jumps all over me) :D

there is a mk II due out maybe they will have more onboard them who knows i cannot seem to find anything on them ?

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
For some people, this is not seen as an advantage as they will tell you the pioneer or denon are much easier than Vinyl.

I know Postie (kev) said tonight that playing his vinyl was much harder.

yeah ive played on the denons and pioneers and found them both very easy to use

never on the technics decks tho

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I think Ed (presuming..) had a Technics one and said it wasn't great, need him to confirm as my memory isn't the best :ghost:

Best is always to try before you buy, think of the cost though if you are buying 2 CDJ's as if you already have a laptop, FS second hand you could pick up for just over a ton...

:thumbsup: