any good films out lately?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Brock Landers

Staff member
Dead thread resurrection, but here goes: -

I've just watched slumdog millionaire. It was the best film I have watched in years. It had me crying tears of sadness AND joy, but is a real rollercoaster ride.

I loved every single second of it.

It has hit my top 3 and ousted The Godfather part 2, believe it or not.

Every single person in the frame of the camera for the entire movie deserves an oscar or recognition. Unbelievable stuff.

My new top 3 goes like this: -

1) Its a wonderful life (I don't think this will ever leave my number 1 spot)
2) Magnolia (Sounds rubbish - Is fantastic)
3) Slumdog millionaire - Absolutley the best edge of your seat egg them on film ever. Beautiful in every way. The best directed film I have ever seen probably. Really, Really powerful stuff.

NickSheldon

Nov 3, 2005
www.nicksheldon.co.uk
Watched 'The Big Lebowski' (again) the other night.

Absolute classic.

@radish. Frost Nixon is a superb film. I watched it because Ron Howard directed it, and he didn't fail me.

Goona watch 'The Unforgiven' tomorrow I reckon. Another classic. Clint at his best.

Benjamin Button is a very moving film. I cried my eyes out :dummy: Very very good.

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Dead thread resurrection, but here goes: -

I've just watched slumdog millionaire. It was the best film I have watched in years. It had me crying tears of sadness AND joy, but is a real rollercoaster ride.

I loved every single second of it.

It has hit my top 3 and ousted The Godfather part 2, believe it or not.

Every single person in the frame of the camera for the entire movie deserves an oscar or recognition. Unbelievable stuff.

My new top 3 goes like this: -

1) Its a wonderful life (I don't think this will ever leave my number 1 spot)
2) Magnolia (Sounds rubbish - Is fantastic)
3) Slumdog millionaire - Absolutley the best edge of your seat egg them on film ever. Beautiful in every way. The best directed film I have ever seen probably. Really, Really powerful stuff.

I to watched slumdog and have to say its such an amazing film so well thought out and the acting was fookn class, deserves all the its oscars up for defoooooo 11/10 :thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Saw Milk last night at the flicks. Really good film although it could probably been 15 mins shorter to achieve the same result.

Factual film about a gay rights activist / politician from San Francisco in the 70's called Harvey Milk. Not the most catchy topic you think. . . but a great watch.

Sean Penn was amazing in it and having seen Milk and The Wrestler, I can see why Penn got Best Actor at the Oscars. His role is more demanding and complicated that Rourke's who was largely playing himself!

Been a good year for factual films so far. Frost - Nixon, Milk, Changeling and Valkyrie have all been good films.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Been a good year for factual films so far. Frost - Nixon, Milk, Changeling and Valkyrie have all been good films.:thumbsup:

Not that Im a big fan of chickflicks-but Raddish, they are all very boyish films...hahahaha. Maybe with acception to Changeling-which I really wanna see...think it'd be a aquired taste tho. Last film I saw was Slumdog-good-but not worth the 8 oscars it got. But theres been nothing more worthy out I suppose??? Oscars are not necessarily not ALL about the hype anyway.

Best recent film was the Frank Miller one Spirit. He's the only director on it, and it shows...better that Sin City.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Not that Im a big fan of chickflicks-but Raddish, they are all very boyish films...hahahaha. Maybe with acception to Changeling-which I really wanna see...think it'd be a aquired taste tho. Last film I saw was Slumdog-good-but not worth the 8 oscars it got. But theres been nothing more worthy out I suppose??? Oscars are not necessarily not ALL about the hype anyway.

Best recent film was the Frank Miller one Spirit. He's the only director on it, and it shows...better that Sin City.

Mrs Radish chose to see all those films.:thumbsup:
She hates chick flicks with a passion as she finds them very patronising and well. . . just shit. . . .odd exception granted.

Personally I'm not a fan of genderising films. . . A really good movie should appeal to both men and women as a generalisation.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
I have just come back from watching Gran Tourino at the flicks.

May I just take this opportunity to say what an amazing film this is.:love: :love: :love:

Clint Eastwood is just amazing in it. Shame it is the last film he is appearing in, but what a way to bow out.

Please make time to watch it.

It's Awesome!:cool: