Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Just finished watching Clubbed. Stumbled across it by mistake and can honestly say its the best film ive watched in ages:D:thumbsup:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk

Brock Landers

Staff member
Top film Jamz, just watched it now. Very emotive.
Reminds me a bit of this, in its narrative style. Rise of the Footsoldier (2007)

Not new but really good imo.

and an even older one
the super duper trooper 2003 film..
Wonderland (2003)

Classic
:thumbsup:

Wonderland is fantastic.

My favoutire film of the last few years is Magnolia - If you enjoy emotional films acted to the very edge of actors abilities, this is the film for you.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Glad to see others are loving that Clubbing movie too :thumbsup:

Saw 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' recently and that was superb - excellent child actors in it too :king:

Finding Amanda and Vicky Cristina Barcelona were both really ropey though - avoid them, but then again if you don't have to pay for em and grab em off the net, it's no problemo is it ;)

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
heh snap! Mr Radish. :) i also went to see Valkrie other night with my brother. He said i was the only one he knew who would wanna go see a war movie lol

oh and thanks to whoever recommended Defiance good film cheers!

Only just got round to watching Blood Diamond... have to say I was blown away... especially in blu-ray... the African cinematography was lush & the storyline powerful :)

If anyone's seen that & liked it I can also highly recommend The Constant Gardener... similar lush African filming & powerful storyline (plus Rachel Weisz get's her fantastic norks out :love: )

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Only just got round to watching Blood Diamond... have to say I was blown away... especially in blu-ray... the African cinematography was lush & the storyline powerful :)

If anyone's seen that & liked it I can also highly recommend The Constant Gardener... similar lush African filming & powerful storyline (plus Rachel Weisz get's her fantastic norks out :love: )

Blood diamond is very good mate I agree.

Last King of Scotland out about the same time and also set in Africa was top!

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
heh snap! Mr Radish. :) i also went to see Valkrie other night with my brother. He said i was the only one he knew who would wanna go see a war movie lol

oh and thanks to whoever recommended Defiance good film cheers!

My brother also went the night before and said something similar about him only knowing me and him that would like a war movie!

I love Second World War Movies.

Ice Cold in Alex, The Cruel Sea, Reach for the Sky, Dam Busters and so on!

Preferably in Black and White also!:thumbsup:

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
A couple i could recommend are...

The Midnight Meat Train...good gruesome flick with Vinnie Jones who only has 1 line in the film..but the other stuff he does deffo makes up for the lack of speech
The Midnight Meat Train (2008)

and 1 i watched last night called Soul Men with Samuel Jackson and the late great Bernie Mac...kinda reminded me of the Blues Brothers in a way..get good laugh with it dependin on ya sense of humour :mad: :mad:
Soul Men (2008)

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Went to see FROST / NIXON last night. Really good film.:thumbsup:

Martin Sheen was ace as David Frost and the guy who play Nixon equally good. Also a really great performance by Kevin Bacon as the former presidents ultra loyal advisor.

Get it watched.

** Warning - contains no car chases, killings, special effects, violence or nudity ***

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Finally got round to watching Slumdog Millionaire at the pictures last night.

What a great film this is.:thumbsup:

The film moves along in an original way and is really well acted by all. Great to see a film full of unknown actors as you have no preconceptions about them. The young lady who plays the adult Latika is also stunningly beautiful.

India provides a visual feast of colour and the soundtrack is also fab.:love:

Also refreshing to see an entertaining blockbuster film set in an alien culture, with the odd subtitled passage. It may just widen a few peoples attitude to film and even life.

Danny Boyle has done an amazing job with this film.

If you have not seen this, go to the pictures. . . .it would be a waste on DVD . . .it deserves the full works.

5/5

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Still haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire - definitely next on the list.

I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night, the new Brad Pit flick where he ages backwards. Its a heartbreaking lovestory...about how nothing lasts :( , and it has a similar feel to Big Fish, dying old lady in bed telling the story etc, but its wayyyyy too drawn out around the beginning, very badly edited.

All in all though, a recommended watch :king:

Duke

watched notrious last week n thought it was fuckin class , i am a BIGGIE fan so i deffo loved the sound track

Notorious | Official Movie Website | In theatres February 13

i went to the flicks the other day n watched the curious case of benjamin button ,, it was ok quite funny tbh , was just pissed off that i had sum scruffy cnut of a chav girl with her fake leather boots on the bac of the chair to seats away behind me n her feet stunk of chavness

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - Pearl & Dean