any good films out lately?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Just seen a film called Changeling (Angelina Jolie is great in it) and I reckon it's up there with In The Name Of The Father - It's that good :eek:

I thought Taken was ok

The missus went to see Seven Pounds and said it was a very good film - Not seen it yet.

Any other goodens out at the mo?

Or any I might have missed from 2008?

:thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Seven pounds is a great movie but make sure ya have a box of cleanex handy :thumbsup:

Watched Felon on lisas recommendation rcently and thought that was sheer brilliance :thumbsup:

just watched the wrestler but thought it was a little yawn tastic tbh micky rouke is good tho :thumbsup:

ill let ya know what somers town is like as im just about to go watch that as we speak :thumbsup:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
new movies

seen most mentioned and must admit to being a knock off nigel downloading movies now films.
american movies always come out here later and by then ive seen em and have dvdrips of em from the states like the wrestler had that 2 weeks ago dvd copy and thought it was ok good to see micky getting his face back somewhat still got a muscle built up body but it could all be fake you never know nowa days.

Last time i went the pictures was to see Indiana grandad jones and it was the cack of poo pooh in otherwords crapola.. and I was totally ripped off prices for a family nowadays plus food your looking at a tidy sum of money and you aint guaranteed a good movie plus there are always a few dicks throwing stuff or spoiling the film.

I think im getting old as I would rather stay home and plug me dvd through me sound system and have home picture house instead. unless its spiderman because like starwars and all other great movies are just that much better in the pictures lol.

anyway last few good films ive seen that I would watch again..

Lakeview Terrace- has you wondering good one tho..
Felon - deffo a must see if you aint already.
wrestler - a story more than any action..
Bolt- kids one but well funny.
yesman and valkiere tom cruise always good movies you gotta be a jim carey fan and i am so anything with him in is always a laugh.
Taken- only watched 10 mins of that so cant really say hahaha.

watched a cracking film DERAILED it was out 2005 jennifer aniston init and i didnt really fancy it thought ti was gonna be somekind of comedy but its not not gonna give anything away on this if you aint seen it get it on the download cracking twisting movie....

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Well i watched DEFIANCE a few days ago and thought it was the bollox :thumbsup: and watched pride n glory with ed norton n colin farell and that was a top film aswell, just downloaded acid house from 1998 aint seen i so think i will watch it over the next few days, has anyone seen it and was it any good ?

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Slumdog Millionaire is good, bit over hyped though imo
Clubbed is a great film with a fantastic cast (UK film set in the 80's)
Changeling enjoyed that too, very dark in places
Marley & Me top film if ya like dogs
Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood as a grumpy old git - ace

Clubbed I'd recommend over all the above though - ace soundtrack - SKA!! :cool:

Clubbed (2008)
:thumbsup:

i watched cass at weekend which was pretty good, sorta along the lines of green street.

watched slumdog millionaire yesterday with nics which was an ace film.

mw and nics tried watchin Seven Pounds but got bored and turned it off, couldnt really get into it :S

not got any copies yet coz iv not ordered any but i think i trip 2 the pics is in order coz iv not a clue wot out at the mo.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Watched Simon Pegg in How to lose friends and alienate people :thumbsup: thought it was good for a giggle and simon pegg is really good in it :cool:

Cass was a good watch too :thumbsup: