Amnesia House ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Seeing as this is a Brummie love in :D

I'm gonna scan a few flyers from Wobble... which I've kept for obvious reasons lol :D

One is 2 lasses nekkid from the neck down (no faces) with Wobble logo across their (mighty fine) baps... one is Helen I reck... the other is a fit blonde bird in a tartan miniskirt & pigtails getting CREAM tattoed on her arse by some biker :)

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Woooah how did i miss this thread.. As a cousin of Mr Bennett i 2 live in halesowen and it was indeed 42's that kicked it all off for me, Not ever going mind u as i was a yoot but hearing the storys.. just tried 2 find a picture???

Amnesia House... one of the best promoters ever - bar none :king:

MC Man Parris - the only MC I have time for (it's an Eclipse thing)

I've got a DVD of Time NYE @ Villa Lesuire Centre & the man was foooooked beyond belief :fekked: :D

If you have a search on here you'll find a thread somewhere where the rights to old Amnesia sets were 'bought' by a some peeps who in turn used strong arm tactics to get old sets down from the everythingstartwithe site :naughty:

The original crew (Neville, Bam Bam, Mickey (RIP) etc) were safe as faaaark. :)

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
is he dead??

Sadly yes :(

There's a thread somewhere on this as I didn't know until recently either. It was a car crash I think :confused:

I could have read somewhere too that Neville moved abroad to open a bar years ago :confused: :confused:

Had some quality times at Amnesia thru 90-92 with some of their Friday nights in 91 at The Eclipse being up there with the best I've ever had :thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

simzzzz

MC Man Parris - the only MC I have time for (it's an Eclipse thing)

I've got a DVD of Time NYE @ Villa Lesuire Centre & the man was foooooked beyond belief :fekked: :D

:)

hey I got this on video shooms its ace, about half hour its on for, I am on it rocking big time,( one too many purple ohms ;) ) I look a right twat on it as the music stops playing and I'm the only person still dancing :$ :$ with my long hair back then:$ :$

12 o clock was wicked they done a count down in the lazer lights then they played the tune welcome :thumbsup: will always remember that ( anyone got this mp3 ???)

hey I got this on video shooms its ace, about half hour its on for, I am on it rocking big time,( one too many purple ohms ;) ) I look a right twat on it as the music stops playing and I'm the only person still dancing :$ :$ with my long hair back then:$ :$

12 o clock was wicked they done a count down in the lazer lights then they played the tune welcome :thumbsup: will always remember that ( anyone got this mp3 ???)

LOL no way :D will have to look out for you...

I've got a spare of Welcome that you can have mate (12") - PM me yer addy... proper good countdown that - lazer drops & the glitter bomb & then THAT b line :head:

In fact do you remem the girls on the podium.... one has got the largest set of uber flobbers in the world ever - they are unfeasibly humoungous !

simzzzz

LOL no way :D will have to look out for you...

I've got a spare of Welcome that you can have mate (12") - PM me yer addy... proper good countdown that - lazer drops & the glitter bomb & then THAT b line :head:

In fact do you remem the girls on the podium.... one has got the largest set of uber flobbers in the world ever - they are unfeasibly humoungous !

cant remember the girls was soooo fooked ;) always remember cappella as well sounded superb :thumbsup: when 12 clock come me acid kicked in and I grabbed some bird and tried kissin her she wasnt too impressed :thumbsup:
god I well feel like watching that now I am setting up my video record this afternoon :thumbsup:

cheers Shooms for the welcome but I only do Mp3's now aint got record player any more:$ dont really do cd's either ! bet all you DJ's out there are now well pissed with me lol ;)

pilkers

Nov 17, 2001
Birmingham
brummie nostalgia

great to hear all the old do's gettin mentioned.....some of those i played at... (phones:)

i remember snapper club @ hummingbird + the bank holiday all dayers, sasha @ eden on wednesdays, wednesdays at the dome (saw carl 3 dex cox and an awesome set by derrick may....metropolis @ moseley dance centre (phones:) , radio stations starlight & neptune fm(phones:) , shelleys, quadrant park, marco polo pre-rave warm up(phones:) , amensia @sports connection cov....derrick may/frankie bones, fab & groov @ dance factory, eclipse sasha/micky finn/fabio, raw, time, do at the zoo, loads of house parties around castle brom, coleshill, c/wood, c/vale........god i luv this site...!

marco polos circa 93/94 (phones:) ....sunday morning 9am - 3pm was quality until the old bill got heavy and stopped people drinking out the front and made it into a private members thing.....i met steve lawler thru dj-ing at marcos and he was a good mate until i drifted into a "proper" job and he firstly dabbled with a htfr type business before ditching the day job to become a full-time dj...how reckless....! good luck to him he's a good lad........bubble (phones:), wobble (phones: once on one of the classic anthems nights) ....

talking of flyers i collected and kept a box full of them going right back from 89-90 ish....do u reckon they are worth anything now....? not that i would sell them really but i might take a few pics so we can reminisce some more.....

matt92

Dec 11, 2004
lived near brum at the time but only ever did the hummingbird and the rag market events, and a few early Starlight FM dos (Jock Lee etc)

simzzzz

i remember snapper club @ hummingbird + the bank holiday all dayers, sasha @ eden on wednesdays, wednesdays at the dome (saw carl 3 dex cox and an awesome set by derrick may....metropolis @ moseley dance centre (phones:) , radio stations starlight & neptune fm(phones:) , shelleys, quadrant park, marco polo pre-rave warm up(phones:) , amensia @sports connection cov....derrick may/frankie bones, fab & groov @ dance factory, eclipse sasha/micky finn/fabio, raw, time, do at the zoo, loads of house parties around castle brom, coleshill, c/wood, c/vale........god i luv this site...!

talking of flyers i collected and kept a box full of them going right back from 89-90 ish....do u reckon they are worth anything now....? not that i would sell them really but i might take a few pics so we can reminisce some more.....

bloody hell geezar you was going exactly the same places as me :thumbsup: did loads them all dayers at hummingbird :thumbsup:
cant belive you went to Do it at the Zoo :thumbsup: I live right by where that was, went that and it got called off halfway thru.
Also RAW at Hall green 1st was ace, 2nd called off so loads ravers rioted through the streets looked hillarious

PM me what flyers you got from 89 if you want to sell any I can put you in touch with a couple of buyers ok should go for good money
have you got any of the 1st three starlights ? think March 90 onwards at Small heath leisure centre & handswoeth ? I sold mine £40 ;) I had people asking for these

EZEE

Jan 16, 2007
midlands crew
bloody hell geezar you was going exactly the same places as me :thumbsup: did loads them all dayers at hummingbird :thumbsup:
cant belive you went to Do it at the Zoo :thumbsup: I live right by where that was, went that and it got called off halfway thru.
Also RAW at Hall green 1st was ace, 2nd called off so loads ravers rioted through the streets looked hillarious

PM me what flyers you got from 89 if you want to sell any I can put you in touch with a couple of buyers ok should go for good money
have you got any of the 1st three starlights ? think March 90 onwards at Small heath leisure centre & handswoeth ? I sold mine £40 ;) I had people asking for these

just had alook thru some of my flyers (got 100's) found 2 starlight ..sat 11th aug 1990 @ Branstons,bank hol mon 27th aug 1990 @ handsworth leisure:D :D

pilkers

Nov 17, 2001
Birmingham
old skool brum

that is freaky......other than hummingbird, my first rave was raw @ handsworth leisure centre (i always remember seeing kevin wilson from dexys midnight runners there with a group of lads at about 6am when the lights were on, how mad is that...!), then the following week was do at the zoo @ north solihull sports centre on cooks lane, chelmsley wood.....just up the road from grimshaw where i went to school......i remember d-shake - techno trance.....rhythm device - acid rock (i just got a download of this tune btw)......they stopped the music half way thru for a fashion show which was how they managed to get away with staging the event in the first place....but it was a matter of time before the old bill shut it down and we walked home

and yes raw at hall green the 1st one.....waiting for about an hour for them to sort the sounds out before.....boom!...and we were off......i remember micky finn turning up with own decks & sampler that meant they had to switch off the tunes for him to get connected!!!..........the 2nd one of course the old bill intervened and it kaos around the streets of hall green and it made Evening Mail if i remember rightly...

and a couple of raves at small heath leisure centre.....micky finn again was the man for me......salsa house/feelin moody/musto & bones.......i wish i had some of micky finn's mixes from those days before he went all junglist

at some point i will get me flyers out the loft and see what u make of em...

phones:

granthamdisco

Apr 5, 2006
Different Amnesia and promoters etc even though the Spanish set up was just as good if not better.

Bit of an understatement there Markz:turn:

Beauitiful Ibizan club - In its day the birthplace of Balaeric sound - Had a profound influence on UK Club culture ( Its where Rampling & Oakenfold got the bug from)
Even no whas great club events ( Cocoon)

v

A dodgy rave in a warehouse in Coventry

etech

Apr 25, 2006
Sunny side of Birmingham
that is freaky......other than hummingbird, my first rave was raw @ handsworth leisure centre (i always remember seeing kevin wilson from dexys midnight runners there with a group of lads at about 6am when the lights were on, how mad is that...!), then the following week was do at the zoo @ north solihull sports centre on cooks lane, chelmsley wood.....just up the road from grimshaw where i went to school......i remember d-shake - techno trance.....rhythm device - acid rock (i just got a download of this tune btw)......they stopped the music half way thru for a fashion show which was how they managed to get away with staging the event in the first place....but it was a matter of time before the old bill shut it down and we walked home

and yes raw at hall green the 1st one.....waiting for about an hour for them to sort the sounds out before.....boom!...and we were off......i remember micky finn turning up with own decks & sampler that meant they had to switch off the tunes for him to get connected!!!..........the 2nd one of course the old bill intervened and it kaos around the streets of hall green and it made Evening Mail if i remember rightly...

phones:

Went to all of them. Locked me keys in me car at the Handsworth one & had to put a window through. Got pulled on the way home & had to go to work still flying on some ohms. Could never understand why they had it on a Sunday??

The 1st Raw at Hall Green Indoor Cricket centre was freekin ace. Don Pablos Animals - Venus being the anthem of the night. The 2nd one , although it didn't go off was still a mad night. The old bill got emselves surrounded. It was well funny watching them try to get there riot gear on once they realized there was no where to go.

Time @ the Rag Market. Now that was a party. Anyone know of a video?