Amnesia House ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

EZEE

Jan 16, 2007
midlands crew
Club "42nd STREET" In Halesowen.1989 was this amnesia house's 1st nights ? ,Man parris dj'd & mc'd along with Neil Trix and various geust's from time to time,early days ,smoke machine,robo scanner and a strobe + a great crowd who just wanted to dance and get fooked on acieeeed:crazy: any body else remember this club?

etech

Apr 25, 2006
Sunny side of Birmingham
I remember 42nd st too, had a nasty accident driving home from there one time. From memory Amnesia had put on illegal events around Cov throughout 89 & planned one on New Years Eve 89 in the Matchbox warehouse in Rugby which didn't go off. I'm 100% certain that 42nd st wasn't first.:thumbsup:

Never really did have a good night out at the Institute for some odd reason both in basement and when it moved upstairs.

Did you ever go to Sweat in about 94 ? Was like an acid jazz / funk kinda night downstairs at the Institute - was well good :)

Brum in 94 was one of THE club capitals imo :D

Steering Wheel, Marco Polos, Studey Bakers, Wobble n Crunch etc :D

Never made it to a C.R.E.A.M. night & I was far too scummy to go to a Chuff Chuff lol

simzzzz

Never really did have a good night out at the Institute for some odd reason both in basement and when it moved upstairs.

I know what you mean, I went here loads but it wasnt one of my favs couldnt really get into the place for some reason. ??

Back when dance factory 1st opened Me & mates painted the graffitti in there for the Brummie guy out of Duran Duran, he ripped us off and never paid up !!

Markz

Did you ever go to Sweat in about 94 ? Was like an acid jazz / funk kinda night downstairs at the Institute - was well good :)

Never made it to a C.R.E.A.M. night & I was far too scummy to go to a Chuff Chuff lol

Yeah couldnt agree more for a change :thumbsup: C.R.E.A.M being the highlight, I dont think you could have got more underground than that place with a different venue nearly every week :moonie: to the old bill phones:

etech

Apr 25, 2006
Sunny side of Birmingham

Don't forget Hype @ Tin Tins. Possibly the best night out in Brum ever IMO. Used to get outta there Monday morning.

etech

Apr 25, 2006
Sunny side of Birmingham
my all time fav though has to be the Hummingbird 89-90 :thumbsup:

I remember hiring a 15 seater mini bus one weekend in 89. Went upto Stoke on the Friday night, did Roccoco at the Hummingbird Saturday till 12ish & then down to some warehouse party in Cov. The old bill came in around 6.30 & cut the power. It had snowed & when i left the warehouse to find the minibus I had steam bellowing off me. Had only just dropped a couple of ohms. Great fun driving back to Brum with 20 odd people crammed into the 15 seater minibus past loads of old bill. Them was the days:D

simzzzz

I remember hiring a 15 seater mini bus one weekend in 89. Went upto Stoke on the Friday night, did Roccoco at the Hummingbird Saturday till 12ish & then down to some warehouse party in Cov. The old bill came in around 6.30 & cut the power. It had snowed & when i left the warehouse to find the minibus I had steam bellowing off me. Had only just dropped a couple of ohms. Great fun driving back to Brum with 20 odd people crammed into the 15 seater minibus past loads of old bill. Them was the days:D

lol :thumbsup: Roccoco is propper oldskool 89 at hummingbird yeah ? , used to be at tower ball room.
I never did a roccoco always wish i did. here you go flyer for it :thumbsup: bet that brings back some memories lol

Attachments

• roccoco ( small ).jpg
    roccoco ( small ).jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 152
i remember going to the opening night of amnesia house in ibiza in the summer of 91 - it was without doubt one of the strangest clubs ive ever too! with a guy walking round naked but wearing a fishing net:eek: very odd indeed!

Typical attire in Birmingham.... or at least in the Blue Nose Quarter from PJ's downwards eh Markz ;)

Markz

i remember going to the opening night of amnesia house in ibiza in the summer of 91 - it was without doubt one of the strangest clubs ive ever too! with a guy walking round naked but wearing a fishing net:eek: very odd indeed!

Different Amnesia and promoters etc even though the Spanish set up was just as good if not better. There is a thread about it somewhere where we used to cut the rubber stamps outside under the bushes with a razor blade and charge entry on a reduced rate to all the expats.