YOUR Ultimate Tune from a Club..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
nowthen said:
Haha! dya mean the ones in the cellars under the joke shop on underbank? or in the war bunker thingies? Don't remember any perticular tune, dont remember much actually except some one throwin a can of ale at a coppers head when they tried (an eventualy suceeded :( ) to stop one of the joke shop do's.

Ha! Yeah, thems the very ones, so you went as well, that's you me and Ste Huxley off here that went there then :D :thumbsup: was fookin ace in there!

Check the thread I linked at the start of this thread, as there's loads of mentions of stuff in there you'll probs remember too! hehe

nowthen said:
Nexus 21 - Self Hypnosis - Sound Garden - Back piccadilly Manc Mid -Late(ish) '90 (spinmasters)

Class tune, and again another one of my fave clubs that one, even if the roof did piss black sweaty water down on ya :fekked: :cops:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Control - 'Dance With Me' (Maximes - because they played it 4 times one night :naughty: )

Expose - 'Tell Me Why' (Wigan Pier's first anniversary - the last tune)

Coco Steel & Lovebomb - 'Feel It' (Pleasuredome - the best night ever) :cool:

? (might have been True Faith - but I would love to know who it was) - 'Take Me Away' (Floral Hall - they did their first ever PA + the singer was gorgeous and kept smiling at me :love: )

Prodigy - 'Everybody In The Place' (Hippodrome)

3D - 'Anytime' (Legends)

Shades Of Rhythm - Sweet Sensation (Legendary - live PA)

Dunne - 'Espiral' (Bowlers - often the last tune)

Slo Moshun - 'Bells Of N.Y.' (Cream)

Volcano - 'Let Your Body Be Free' (Hacienda)

Grace - 'It's Not Over' (Miss Moneypenny's/Renaissance - her first ever gig)

I can remember other nights (without stand out tunes) and other big tunes too (but I can't remember the clubs) :S

Last edited:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
blue jammer said:
Ha! Yeah, thems the very ones, so you went as well, that's you me and Ste Huxley off here that went there then :D :thumbsup: was fookin ace in there!

Class tune, and again another one of my fave clubs that one, even if the roof did piss black sweaty water down on ya :fekked: :cops:

Yeah think i remember seein ste about (went school together).

Black sweaty water seemed to be a requirement in manc clubs at that time :

rock world an downstairs at konspiricy had their black pissy moments too prob somat to do with em all bein underground ( literraly not music wise!)

cutter

Sep 17, 2003
LDN
WWW.PIRATEREVIVAL.CO.UK
studio 2 - dirty games monday club on oxford st w1 ( DEVIOUS D eith the dub plate and omg did the place errupt? oh fookin YES)

summer breeze - @ the roller express \o/

the whistle song @ sedgewick dance studios how i laughed at steve jackson playing this at a hardcore party still gave me time to skin up

loads more memorieswhen i can remember them

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Together- Hardcore Uproar,Modular Expansions- Cubes & one of the Rising High tracks- Godzilla is in New York (Whooooosh, Nottingham)
Hooliganx/y- Flasher (Sheffield City Hall ballroom)
Beltram- Energy Flash/ My Sound (Compulsion, Palais Sheffield)
Pump Panel- To The Sky (Orbit)
or Trope- Amphetamine