Join now

db909

Feb 7, 2003
On Ilkley moor without a hat
Tunes that stick in my mind from nights out are
hac - strings of life and also k.i.s.s.i.n.g. acca
eureka/zone - mark summers party children/colours - baby baby
palais - sgh - losing you and later mighty ming
basics - new order - perfect kiss (when it was upstairs and nobody dare dance ;) )
and altered states - terrace remix and mike dearborn - chaotic state
orbit ossett - barracuda - party time
orbit morley - solar quest - acid air raid

not forgetting (for any old b@stards from Wakey ):$
upstairs at raffles - sisters of mercy alice ;)
heppys - hazell dean searchin mixed into blue monday ;)
pips - break machine street dance ;)
Them were the days :fekked:

Super Freak

Jul 26, 2004
Liverpool
theres 2 tunes that stick out in my mind as bienig particualy assoitaed to a club,

Yeki Yeki - Garlands, the place used to go nuts when that came on.
lil louis, Video Clash - Hazys aint ever herd that before hazys and evry time I do it sends me:crazy:

others would be
LFO & Energy Flash - the Coaky
:D

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Sound Garden:

- Ya Ya's - Loove (Quadraphonia mix)
- Kamera - Back In The Time
- Pako - Pakito Lindo

Monroes (Stockport):

- Synthesis - Hear This Side
- Last Ryhthm - Last Rhythm
- Ultraviolet - Kites

The Banshee:

- The Jams - It's Grim Up North (grey vinyl version)
- Kick Ass Project - Always High - Never Down
- Brainstorm - Fractal

Manchester Academy (Solstice):

- Tekno Too - Jet-Star
- Confusion Club - Move!
- K-Klass - Rhythm Is A Mystery (Remix)

"Caves" (Stockport underground thingy)

- Fierce Ruling Diva: Floorfiller - Rubb It In
- Little Little - Just The Way Like This
- Frequency - Where Is Your Evidence?

Will leave it there for now :D :thumbsup:

mart said:
There are a few more obscure tracks tho that help remind me of Eclipse days and they're....

Shades Of Rhythm - "Armageddon" (reminds me of a pa they did and I couldn't for the life of me get the vocal sample out of my head on the train home...:fekked: )

was that the P.A where one of em walked onto the stage like he was pissed then when the music kicked in he just started dancing proper mint :thumbsup: used to go to the eclipse a bit myself and that night has well stuck in my head due to the fact that during the P.A the just cut off all the drums, vocals n that and just kept this rolling bass going, messing about with the frequancy(sp?) for ages and then just whacked some amazing beat over it :love: that was the only time ive ever heard it :( the dancefloor in there was mad, it felt like dancing on a trampoline :jumpin:

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
hhmmm

for me

1990:- mr kirks nightmare:- 4 hero, boneshakers:- don't go, 2 for joy:- inna state

TROY@ busbys 1990

1991:- fpi project:- everybody, human resource:- dominator

Telepathy 1991

1993:- mother :- all funked up, helicopter:- on your way

love ranch and merry england

1994:- transglobal underground:- templehead, age of love:- age of love
wirlygig

1994:- chris and james:-club 4 life
Club 4 Life, London

1995:- kendoh:- nakasake ep
renaissance @ the cross

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
PlebHead said:
was that the P.A where one of em walked onto the stage like he was pissed then when the music kicked in he just started dancing proper mint :thumbsup: used to go to the eclipse a bit myself and that night has well stuck in my head due to the fact that during the P.A the just cut off all the drums, vocals n that and just kept this rolling bass going, messing about with the frequancy(sp?) for ages and then just whacked some amazing beat over it :love: that was the only time ive ever heard it :( the dancefloor in there was mad, it felt like dancing on a trampoline :jumpin:
It was an Amnesia night. I was upstairs on the balcony near the DJ box overlooking the stage and it was absolutely heaving - prolly one of the most packed I've ever seen it. Can't recall any problems with the sound, but then...:fekked: :love: . I just remember that tune being dropped and the whole place going mental.....

:jumpin:

It was the 'I can't think why we haven't thought of it b4' sample going round and round in my head afterwards that just sticks in my mind and every time I hear the tune it reminds me of that night....:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
JACKG said:
Although probably not even in my top 10 favourite tunes if I was in a club the tune I buzz off most is:

Prodigy - Your Love

Wicked chooooon that hoolds lots of memoriEs

I remember them playing that about 5 times in a night at Crunch in Birmingham, and the DJ's carrying on playing with all the lights on at about 6.15 in the morning. Even the bouncers were getting down because no one was shifting! :thumbsup:

There's loads of tunes that remid me of that club, Escrima Train of Thought, Suzi Carr All over me, Eve Gallagher Love come down, AST-AST to name but a few!

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
My first ever e was a back to 89 do at the Astoria in London and they played Sydney Youngblood if only I could which is brilliant, and Rhythm on the Loose.

db909

Feb 7, 2003
On Ilkley moor without a hat
pauly p said:
Sonny`s (Chapeltown, Leeds)

I remember the sound of shit running down me leg when we were nearly car jacked on spencer place after going there :naughty: .Luckily some plain clothes coppers came outta nowhere to our rescue :confused: and we drove off very fast :eek:

Brought us down a bit quick that :$

John Day

Oct 11, 2004
Konspiracy said:
Everyone has one tune that reminds them of a club..

It can be any club, from any era, e.g Hac, Zone, Shelleys, the Quad, Goodtimes, Kaos, Back to Basics, Timeless, Eclipse etc etc..

Mine is probably Seduction - Youre My One and Only (True Love) from the Hac..

Theres loads of others I couldve mentioned, and I wouldnt say its my favourite tune of all time (its up there tho..) but thats the one that sticks out..

Mine has to be Rhythm is Rhythm - The Dance.

I always remember being in the Thunderdome, Jay Wearden on the decks - the music would stop and everyone was going mad - then he would put Rhythm is Rhythm on from the start, just with that piano intro - class - the place would erupt!! :fekked: :fekked:

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Shades of Rhythm-Homicide and
TNG-Basskick remind me of Aahz in Orlando Florida

THK-France, Spaced-Deeper, and My Friend Sam-It's my Pleasure always remind me of the Villiage in Melbourne.

DJ Tim & Messiah-Access (x-tracks) reminds me of Club UK in London. phones:

db909 said:
I remember the sound of shit running down me leg when we were nearly car jacked on spencer place after going there :naughty: .Luckily some plain clothes coppers came outta nowhere to our rescue :confused: and we drove off very fast :eek:

Brought us down a bit quick that :$

lol. Could tell you some stories about that place - why did we always end up there or Trades Club - dodgy as fook.
I`m lucky to be here really hehe.

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
JACKG said:
Although probably not even in my top 10 favourite tunes if I was in a club the tune I buzz off most is:

Prodigy - Your Love

Wicked chooooon that hoolds lots of memoriEs

How the bloody hell I forgot about YOUR LOVE is beyond me. I should easily be reminded of this in Sequins Blackpool 91 when I was dancing like a right imboseal on a podium, complete with Russell Athletic top and Purple Fila Trainers and then slipping off and being caught by about 5 people as i landed on my face! :(
I can laugh about it now but I nearly broke me bleeding neck.... :( :(

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
blue jammer said:
"Caves" (Stockport underground thingy)

- Fierce Ruling Diva: Floorfiller - Rubb It In
- Little Little - Just The Way Like This
- Frequency - Where Is Your Evidence?

Haha! dya mean the ones in the cellars under the joke shop on underbank? or in the war bunker thingies? Don't remember any perticular tune, dont remember much actually except some one throwin a can of ale at a coppers head when they tried (an eventualy suceeded :( ) to stop one of the joke shop do's.

Couple of tunes i do assosiate with certain clubs :

Alison Limerick - where love lives - Hacienda '90 ( probably pickering)

Nexus 21 - Self Hypnosis - Sound Garden - Back piccadilly Manc Mid -Late(ish) '90 (spinmasters)

Black Riot - Just make that move - Shelly's Stoke Early-Mid '91 (sasha)

Leftfield - Not forgotten - Hackets Blackpool Summer '91(nipper)

Ah, those were the days!

phones: phones: phones: phones:

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
I'll always associate Sub Sub - Space face with Legends
Corina - Loving u like crazy - Shelleys
dela soul - say no go - Hacienda