Windows 7 hates music or is it me?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I've got it - take lots of drugs and the delay will vanish :D :fekked:

Seriously.. it must be soundcard settings or windows has confused the onboard soundcard with the external one, have you tried disabling the onboard soundcard in device manager? Try that and then reboot, run the program and that will ensure it routes the sound through the correct external output.

The soundcard connected by USB, just a thought but you haven't plugged it into a USB hub have you? That could cause timing delay problems, if you have - plug the external soundcard direct into a USB port on the laptop, you could also try unplugging any external mice/hard drives or anything else USB in case there are any clashes with other devices.

Also check under device manager to see if there are any problems there with un-installed devices (they would show up with a yellow exclamation mark)

If shooms has the same setup, get him up - put a trail of record covers on the motorway (empty ones) and he'll panic thinking his tunes are on the road somewhere :p

I've got it - take lots of drugs and the delay will vanish :D :fekked:

Seriously.. it must be soundcard settings or windows has confused the onboard soundcard with the external one, have you tried disabling the onboard soundcard in device manager? Try that and then reboot, run the program and that will ensure it routes the sound through the correct external output.

The soundcard connected by USB, just a thought but you haven't plugged it into a USB hub have you? That could cause timing delay problems, if you have - plug the external soundcard direct into a USB port on the laptop, you could also try unplugging any external mice/hard drives or anything else USB in case there are any clashes with other devices.

Also check under device manager to see if there are any problems there with un-installed devices (they would show up with a yellow exclamation mark)

If shooms has the same setup, get him up - put a trail of record covers on the motorway (empty ones) and he'll panic thinking his tunes are on the road somewhere :p

yep tried all of those (apart from the drugs which is my next move). the usb is straight in the laptop and I have removed the mouse etc. The Dell laptop hardly has anything that could conflict as I just want to use it for music. Ive checked all drivers etc, its driving me mad. I dont think shooms could help as he's shit ;)

sent my hp (windows 7) back to hp who repaired it, new fan, new hard drive, fresh win7 install, came back as new.

Connected it up to my set up and guess feckin what - that stupid delay like all these suckers have:

Microphone delay when recording in Windows 7 - Microsoft Answers

I even took traktor out and went with just mixer, decks, vinyl and line in and still have the same delay between headfones and speakers :(

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Sell the fucking lot and buy a guitar and apply to shite factor :LOL:

Or sell it and ask a local pc shop to see if they'll let you take one to try before you buy (or return it without any mither) so you can make sure everything works fine... :thumbsup:

We have sound on one of the laptops and no delays etc!

:biggrin:

Its not the right way of doing it as everything is plugged where it shouldnt be but it records too :thumbsup:

Cheers to Shooms for recommending I get a new Amp, which lead me on another mission :)

and I got offered a new job today (double my wage)!!!

First good lucks of the year :D

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
We have sound on one of the laptops and no delays etc!

:biggrin:

Its not the right way of doing it as everything is plugged where it shouldnt be but it records too :thumbsup:

Cheers to Shooms for recommending I get a new Amp, which lead me on another mission :)

and I got offered a new job today (double my wage)!!!

First good lucks of the year :D

Good job fella, Glad to hear a stroke of good fortune came your way.

You will soon be making tunez!!!

:thumbsup: