Windows 7 hates music or is it me?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Pity yer live a million miles away...
Unless you want to box one and your NI audio 8 up, and the Traktor disks and send em over..
Or i could hack the latest Traktor 2 on to one for you... ;)
Yeah yeah its not legit but its been running fine and stable for ever on these 3 systems here

Pity yer live a million miles away...
Unless you want to box one and your NI audio 8 up, and the Traktor disks and send em over..
Or i could hack the latest Traktor 2 on to one for you... ;)
Yeah yeah its not legit but its been running fine and stable for ever on these 3 systems here

I know, typical :| :(

My traktor is legit, have a few grands worth of equipment in a soundproofed basement / man cave and cant use any of it :(

Would be up for trying another traktor though as have explored all other avenues. :thumbsup:

Does anyone have sigmatel soundcard I could confirm the settings?

Cheers all

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Mmm Sigmatel card eh?
Maybe this is the problem? Is Traktor showing the card in the control options?
Audio settings at the top, there should be a dropdown with a list of available cards,ie the laptops built in card and the Sigmatel?
If it shows the Sigmatel then you go to the second option down, Output routing.. phones are normally 3&4 and master 1&2

Im asking this because Traktor didn't detect my old Citronics card.. no problems with this Numark card and obviously any Native Instruments card would be supported

Mmm Sigmatel card eh?
Maybe this is the problem? Is Traktor showing the card in the control options?
Audio settings at the top, there should be a dropdown with a list of available cards,ie the laptops built in card and the Sigmatel?
If it shows the Sigmatel then you go to the second option down, Output routing.. phones are normally 3&4 and master 1&2

Im asking this because Traktor didn't detect my old Citronics card.. no problems with this Numark card and obviously any Native Instruments card would be supported

hmmmm, it does show it in the dropdown, I'll check the rest when back home. You could be onto something so will owe you a pint or 6 with some extra toppings :p

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
hmmmm, it does show it in the dropdown, I'll check the rest when back home. You could be onto something so will owe you a pint or 6 with some extra toppings :p

Hurry up! Pauly sort your gear out! i love the tunes you are into Aeroplane etc

Love to hear what you come up with! production wise! :cool:

Get it sorted it m8! :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UuSyVhOWNU]Aeroplane - Aeroplane - YouTube[/ame]

OK, I'm determined to sort this out for you.

Let me know what equipment you have and what is plugged into what and how.

:thumbsup:

I used to work for a major PC manufacturer and have been messing about with Traktor etc for a while now. I'm sure I can help. Feel free to call me if you like.

Thank You :cool:

I bet if you looked at you would have it sorted in minutes :)

Set up as pictured

Audio 8 (asio) selected
sample rate 44100 hz
etc...

Removing everything else the Equipment =

2 x Technics 1210
Reloop RMX30 Mixer
Traktor / Audio 8 as pictured
creative 7.1 speakers

Laptop 1 (sound delays) - Not latency / drivers etc
HP G62 15.6 inch Laptop - AMD Triple Core 500GB 4GB Memory Realtek soundcard Win7

or

Laptop 2 (No sound)
Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP Sigmatel soundcard

If you are happy for me to call you I'll give details from the sounds control panel or any other preferences but I reckon Ive tried every which way but goose :|

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Traktor schizzle.jpg
    Traktor schizzle.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 100

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Pauly i can't tell of that picture to well

I use Serato do you have the audio coming back to your DJ mixer into your channel line ins?

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Try eliminating things

Switch mixers see if it's a mixer issue
Use an Amp and speakers instead of the Creative set up in case it's that

Play an mp3 file in winamp or media player and see if there is any delay with that - if not, won't be the soundcard output

If you have tried two different laptops then it won't be those or the O/S if they are different (XP/Win 7)

Don't use Trakktor myself so unsure of the settings but will no doubt be similar to Serato

Try enabling/disabling the 'thru' option see if that makes any difference.

Try eliminating things

Switch mixers see if it's a mixer issue
Use an Amp and speakers instead of the Creative set up in case it's that

Play an mp3 file in winamp or media player and see if there is any delay with that - if not, won't be the soundcard output

If you have tried two different laptops then it won't be those or the O/S if they are different (XP/Win 7)

Don't use Trakktor myself so unsure of the settings but will no doubt be similar to Serato

Try enabling/disabling the 'thru' option see if that makes any difference.

media player works on both laptops.

An older acer laptop I have still plays sounds through traktor (till it cuts out as its old and buggered) so it aint the mixer or connections or creative set up.

the hp (win7) playes sounds with strange delay between headfones and mixer.

the Dell (XP) doesnt play any sound but will play what traktor records through meda player etc.

It must be separate issues in the sound set ups for the other 2 laptops :S

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I feel useless that i can not help you over the net you must be ripping your hair out! :S

Maybe you should consider driving to someone who can help who lives closes to you & take everything with you pain in the ass i know.

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
kinell pauly sounds like a total nightmare its not fair, u work hard pay shit loads and then hit a brick wall:mad: