Why are england so shit?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
They have qaulity players butcant play together . Just wasted another 50 quid in tne pub watchin this bunch of overpayed bunch of tossers. Could of had a proper night out now with the money ive spent watchin them.

steved

Mar 21, 2006
Carlisle England.
Agreed mate that was a pile of toss!
I feel sorry for the people who have paid a fortune to go over they were right to boo.
I am in Amsterdam for the Slovenia game proberly visit the cities other atractions....;)
But saying that didnt we start badly in 1990? But the present team isnt a patch on that great team.

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
I think it's down to they have nothing to prove if they have a shit competition they will still get there 100k a week so all is good I think the lesser players try harder as they may get a better deal out of it

Utter dog poo last night

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Some months ago I was almost laughed out of the building in work after the group draw for suggesting England would lose one, draw one and have to win their last game to scrape through to the next phase.

I wasn't far wrong... but I've seen enough World Cups and miserable England performances to know it doesn't happen any other way.

So, Wednesday is the big one, we might as well lose 3-0 as limp out with a tame draw so will Capello throw caution to the wind and change the line-up and formation like Sir Bobby did in '86 and '90?

I hope so.

I don't want to come home early from work on Wednesday and wish I'd cut the grass. :(

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I can't believe we only managed a draw against a shit team we should easily have beaten.

I'm ashamed to call myself Algerian.

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
I wasn't far wrong... but I've seen enough World Cups and miserable England performances to know it doesn't happen any other way.

So, Wednesday is the big one, we might as well lose 3-0 as limp out with a tame draw so will Capello throw caution to the wind and change the line-up and formation like Sir Bobby did in '86 and '90?

I

Typical England Adam youre right.

It seems as if Fabio lost the dressing room for last nights match. I reckon there was a big row or something just before kick off because we were just not at the races. IMO you got to look at the players although as leader it is ultimately Capellos responsibility. They need a fabio rocket before wednesday.

Last edited:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I had a headache last night brought on by stress from watching the game. I wouldn't like the call the final game as we've underperformed so far and deserve to go home from those 2 performances:(

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
ENGLAND will never win a World Cup because of 3 things.

1. THE MEDIA

2. PLAYERS SALARIES

3. THE STRUCTURE OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Come On NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
Why are England playing so crap? Simple... It's all about the pressure, we know they can play well, we expected so much from them this time round. The pressure of the 1st game is always hard and we needed to look convincing, but instead we let slip a howler of a goal.

We scored in the 1st 5 mins of the 1st match, if we had not let in that silly goal the players would not have had their confidence knocked. The media has hyped us up, the manager has stated we can win, millions were expecting us to score goal after goal, but nerves of losing got the better of them, so we don't gel as a team, we lose the ball, we look panicked at the back.

It's all down to the pressure of expectation and as time grew in the match last night and we still had not scored that goal we needed to rid the pressure of what the media would report resulted in a very poor performance.

Unless the team can just go out and enjoy what they do and play the game they love to play we are out of it. The players need to get it in there heads to just go out and enjoy the game rather than worry about what millions think about them.

Did the fans in the crowed really think the players would play much better if they boo'd them? little wonder with the pressure already mounting Roony let fly after the match.

If the media and fans reported that the result does not matter, just go out and play, the players would play 100 times better than they are. This next match has so much pressure behind it now that the game they play is simple not fun for them to play at the moment.

The only thing that will remove this pressure is an early goal in the next match, failing that we are as good as gone this time round.

We can all point fingers of blame but personally I know if I was a player I would not want to play a game with that much pressure and it takes a special type of person with a special type of mind set to overcome that pressure without the support of the fans and the media, and we simply don't have a full team of people that think "Ya know what, fuk it! were at the world cup, lets go out and just play for fun, win, lose, or draw".

Let's hope we get that early goal on Wednesday or we'll be on an early flight home on Thursday....

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
WTF is Beckham's role meant to be - Mr England ? Mr Motivator ?

Truth be told there hasn't been a cohesive England TEAM (that gelled... not not sparks of sporadic solo inspiration) since 1990.

He is there to remain in the public eye and have his picture taken as much as possible end of job role

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
same old England, over rated !

exactly, every time England get bigged up by everyone, of course they do because we are english and want them to win. Bet even the lower rated teams big them selves up.

Fact of the matter is, england are crap yet we can t believe it everytime they play.

lol, lets just hang onto 66 and ride on that forever :D