What's the first club you went to

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

zonecrew

Sep 1, 2001
Workington
Hutty said:
Madisons i've been there once or twice when i was goin out wi a lass from Keswick! Did WIZARD MC used to go up there a bit?? Also been to ZONE @ pagoda in CARLISLE few times, jesus it's makin me feel old now!!!!!lol

Yeh, Wizard used to come up a lot as did Breeze, the club is now part of a Wetherspoons pub i'm afraid :(

drgeoff

Mar 30, 2006
Think it was Rumours in Stockport in 1981, top club with mirrored walls so us new romantics could pose in. Also went to Rotters and Bamboo stockport/Hazel grove. First club in Manchester was Placemates 7 In 82/83 also went to Berlin, Ritz and Hacienda, those were the days!!!. Still think my fave was placemates in the top room dancing to bela lugosi's dead with the bowie and numan fans

Cheers

Geoff

Stay at Dr Geff's Horror House

Last edited by a moderator:

drgeoff

Mar 30, 2006
Think it was Rumours in Stockport in 1981, top club with mirrored walls so us new romantics could pose in. Also went to Rotters and Bamboo Stockport/Hazel grove. First club in Manchester was Placemates 7 In 82/83 also went to Berlin, Ritz and Hacienda, those were the days!!!. Still think my fave was placemates, in the top room dancing to bela lugosi's dead with the bowie and numan fans.

Cheers

Geoff

Stay at Dr Geoff's Horror House

From classic silent to sick zombie gorefest, this site contains info audio and pics on all your fave horror films :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Monroes in stockport when I was 17 and I got kicked out and thrown down loads of steps by burly bouncers for throwing up on one of the tables or something dreadful like that. In fact I went to somewhere called Christies in Stockport when I was about 16 dancing to Blackbox ride on time, probs threw up in there as well but didnt get kicked down the steps, well might have done but would have been to pissed to remember!:king:

1st in Manchester was 'The House' with Jay Weardon on Piccadilly say 1990, fkin ace:thumbsup: 1st heard tunes such as jj tribute, sub sub space face, sld gettin out, these tunes changed my life:cool: oh and Youuu can rock me in the basement Boyyyyyyy! mega tunes all night:thumbsup:

Pissbag

Feb 2, 2005
pissed off
the q club-pure x summer ball 95(d&b)

just after me 16th b'day

full of crack smoking mofo's(ppl were getting robbed in the que)great nite i tell the:|

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Bloody Visage in Huddersfield, I wore a skirt out & some awkward heels & tripped over a raised section & fell flat on my face, skirt over my head, drink in my face, I was cool as f@ck.

As for big V, its still booming with cheese 6 nights a week today, & I still go occassionally if i'm out in the area & theres absoloutely no alternative :$ :cool:

Brock Landers

Staff member
The Pier, Wigan, back in the mists of time. I first started going to the under 18 nights on a Thursday when 13-14 or so, drinking special brew etc.:confused:

I then also started frequenting it on the Friday night as well, so it was under 18s on a Thursday and a change of clothes and back in for over 18s on a Friday.

I think the resident DJ at the time was called Malc. Allegedly DJ Welly used to maintain the lighting back then?

This was of course when you could go clubbing in a pair of Fila boots, a pair of shorts and nowt else. Friday nights always got too hot for anything else anyway.

Fantastic days.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
First club would have been one in Alcudia when I was young

First proper house music club would have been BCM in Magaluf

First UK club that played 100% house music was one in Cleethorpes:)

DavyJam

Mar 16, 2006
Warrington
I was 15 and I went to an 18th party at Sidac Social Club in St Helens - does that count :eek:

OK, first proper club was when I was 17. Went to Legends in Warrington in Summer of 1990. When I walked in I was blown away at the time, I just remember thinking "f00k me!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:"

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here
fugjostle said:
The first real club was Wigan Pier for me... not counting the discoteque royals or fletchers or Ruebens Nitespot :)

Grad... remember doing the time warp on the stools in Reubens ;)

---
Fug

ahhh you went to ruebens lol,been there a few times meself do you remember the club that used to be at the side of the old bus station think you had to go up some stairs to get in if i remember rightly:confused:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I used to go to Ruebins too on the pop and crisp night (under 18's), but luckily they sold us beer:cool:

I'm wracking my brains trying to think of the club you're talking about though, was it on the same street as the Spinning Jenny?:S

oldskoolfukwit

Mar 5, 2005
liverpool
first RAVE club

MY FIRST PROPER CLUB WAS THE GRAND IN NEW BRIGHTON IN EARLY 1991,ONE OF MY MATES BLAGGED ME TO GO, WASN'T INTO RAVE MUSIC BEFORE THAT NIGHT BUT #UCK ME WAT A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE,OUT WENT BEER AND PINK FLOYD AND IN CAME OLDSKOOL RAVE AND THE REST IS HISTORY:) :) :)

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
My first club was one in my home town (Harrogate) called 'The Mix' with DJ Tim (of utah saints 'fame') spinnin' the tunes, this would of been when i was 17/18 so '89/90 when i was only into me stawb's or ohm's

Then it was onto the Blackburn parties / convoys, travllers parties & the rest, as they say is............:hubba: