What's the first club you went to

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Re: Re: What's the first club you went to

Shpamshter said:

Could that be Maddisons then Jimmy? The only other club i can think of is Tiffany's which ended up being Ritzy's but that was in the Merrion Centre.

First club I went to was Ricky's, which used to be underneath the Gallery.
Aaah them wer' days....

Wooohooooo cheers shpamshter fella, Maddisons it was, did you ever have the misfortune of going there ?

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Carlos II - there's a blast from the past. My mate Craig Carmichael was the main resident there. The night was done by the same bloke who organised all the Revenge warehouse parties. Didn't JFMC bring out a range clothing? Never really took off - now there's a suprise.

My first "House" club was probably Manhatten Heights when Hacienda used to do every Thursday there in Blackburn. In fact the front of the flyer is my sig at the bottom. It was Sasha’s first residency an all, so I read in a interview with him in Muzik mag.

Anyone remember the 21 Club in Darwen that wasn't open long in 90. For a tiny venue that place was absolutely rocking. The convoys used to set off from there for a short time an all.

OMG - this thread has made me feel so old!!!!

Most of the clubs that have been mentioned as peoples first clubs (Bowlers mainly of course) were some of the last clubs I went to - not the first :cry: :cry: :cry: !

I think I was clubbing (if you can call it that in those days) when some of your weren't even at school! I won't join in ones like these again - boohoo

Cookie xx

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
My first nights out in Leeds (as a schoolie aged about 16!) were in places like "Maddisons", "Rockys" (can't believe to this day that I actually went in there!!, lucky to get out alive!), "Trotters", & "Woodstocks"!!. Ouch!. :$

First proper club I went to was the Gallery, (also Rickys' as it was downstairs and you could just walk in and out), closely followed by the Warehouse. Top, top nights... late 90 / early 91 was the start for me, couldn't pinpoint a date.

Aaaahhh... getting all nostalgic again!..

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Carlos II!!. Just not bloody old enough at the time........it was only a mile or so from where I used to go to school though!. Did anyone go 2 those 'illegal' raves at Colne Quarry in 91/'92??........I heard about it, but only after the event. Perhaps its just bull though.

My first one was Angels in Burnley, must have been about 94 'retro night'........dark and dindgy, trainers acceptable...hands in the air! perfect!. Qued right round to Leo's CO-OP Carpark!!!. Shame I cant dance to save my life! :).
Moved on to ClubXPOBar then back to 'Heaven' before it turned into TGHughes, never been anwhere since really, besides PepperMint Palace/Utopia now and then..........sad get I am.

Cant believe Angels is no more, it shure didnt look like the bottom level of a multistorey car park on the inside!!! :)....somebody should purchase the ground floor of the new multistorey thats taken its place!......

Sirius.

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
Has any1 got any tapes from carlos II

M8 used to have one it was yellow with JFMC on it and it was absolutely f**king amazing:) :) :)

If any 1 has please let me know how I can get hold of a copy

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
MY first beer boy club was called the Frontier in Batley !! Lol - it's still going now with the same lightshow and tunes as far as I know !!

First 'proper' club I went to was Back2Basics in Leeds. Then Gallery, Ark/Kaos/Soak all in Leeds then over to Manc for Bolwers in 91'92 (justr before the 1st birthday whenever that was!!)

Never looked back ;)

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
Pixie said:
MY first beer boy club was called the Frontier in Batley !! Lol - it's still going now with the same lightshow and tunes as far as I know !!
Never looked back ;)

Yep, used to drive past the Frontier on regular occasions - it's still the same!!!!.... Tacky as hell!.

Phil

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
Moi?!!!... not a chance babes!!!... ;o)

It is a right ol hovel, see some proper sights going in there... quality women... all out for a few glasses of posh wine and a dance... (NOT!)

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
actually, got me thinking about it now... I may be able to cop off in there!!!...

think i'll get ready and go over!...

pmsl!...

Phil

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
First club I went to was 'Falcon's crest' a truly magnificent club set in the woods of Formby & was full of 16year olds in shirt & ties trying to look old enough to get in (me included).

First 'proper' club was Manhattan's in Southport - although it's a shite beer monster club now, in 91/92 it used to be banging, absolutely rammed full of nutters hanging off every available podium / ledge / speaker, with the man like Vertigo spinning the tunes.

tall paul said:
First club I went to was 'Falcon's crest' a truly magnificent club set in the woods of Formby & was full of 16year olds in shirt & ties trying to look old enough to get in (me included).

First 'proper' club was Manhattan's in Southport - although it's a shite beer monster club now, in 91/92 it used to be banging, absolutely rammed full of nutters hanging off every available podium / ledge / speaker, with the man like Vertigo spinning the tunes.

Jesus tall paul, thats a blast from the past Manhattan's what a club it was ferkin ace used to go every week.
first club i went to was Applebys in St helens thats where Dj Demand started out when he was playin proper tunes.

Myk

Cookie said:
The first clubs I ever went to were Rotters and Placemates in central Manchester. Horrendous places. Rotters was pulled down many years ago but I think Placemates is still there and is a gay club (not sure of the name) - it was a series of 10 little rooms connected by corridors and made to look like caves. As were most clubs in those days (early 80's) it was a death trap!

Then came the hip hop allnighters at Jillys in 1984/5 and the rest is history ........ :hubba: ;) :fekked: :hubba: ;) :fekked:

Cookie xx

My first club was also Placemates 7 :$

P.S there were 7 rooms not 10 hun, hence Placemates 7 :p

My first half-right club was the Man-o-live or was it Man Alive.......near the uni in MCR centre, banging hip hop all night long.

My first regular club was the Thunderdome (Miles Plattin) and The Konspiracy.....did one or the other every weekend till they closed them both.

Myk said:

My first club was also Placemates 7 :$

P.S there were 7 rooms not 10 hun, hence Placemates 7 :p

My first half-right club was the Man-o-live or was it Man Alive.......near the uni in MCR centre, banging hip hop all night long.

My first regular club was the Thunderdome (Miles Plattin) and The Konspiracy.....did one or the other every weekend till they closed them both.

Oh yeah, thanks, I'd forgotten it was called Placemates 7 - just knew it was a lot of rooms!

The Thunderdome was also very a special place and I have a poster size framed photo of it here at home! Not a 'pretty' picture (but it is not in my living room!) but fantastic memories! :axe: ;) :axe: ;) .

Konspiracy's in Manchester was also somewhere I went - but not often.

Luv Cookie xx

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
First club I set foot in was Rotters in Manchester and Placemate 7 followed then when the dance clubs started it was The Limit (what was devilles) , The Number One and The Thunderdome where the likes of 808 and Nipper used to do their thang .