What's the first club you went to

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
and what is it now.

For me it was sh*t can't remember but it was some womans name in Leeds just by the Bank of England, they shut it down 10 years ago and turned it into a dry cleaners was well cheesy with all the woman with white stilettos (bit of a fetish thing now though) n strawberry leg blotch christ there were some right porkers must have been where viz got their inspiration for the fat slags.

Red Mancunian

Nov 5, 2001
Chav-ville Droylsden, innit!
I think the first club I went to was in Brighton, and it was called something like 'the top rank club' or summat.

I was 16 (and I looked it) - to blag me way in, I pretended I was a French tourist who couldn't speak much English. When I was asked if I was 18 I just said "Eh?" in a stupid French accent and waved my tenner. The silly fekkers let me in! ;)

All I can remember about it is the fekkin excellent lighting, more lasers than star wars.

Ahh... :mad:

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
The first real club was Wigan Pier for me... not counting the discoteque royals or fletchers or Ruebens Nitespot :)

Grad... remember doing the time warp on the stools in Reubens ;)

---
Fug

The first clubs I ever went to were Rotters and Placemates in central Manchester. Horrendous places. Rotters was pulled down many years ago but I think Placemates is still there and is a gay club (not sure of the name) - it was a series of 10 little rooms connected by corridors and made to look like caves. As were most clubs in those days (early 80's) it was a death trap!

Then came the hip hop allnighters at Jillys in 1984/5 and the rest is history ........ :hubba: ;) :fekked: :hubba: ;) :fekked:

Cookie xx

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
yep wigan pier for me to..

just remembered that guy who was giving abuse from the pub on the other side of the canal..then he swam over..nob.

the pier used to rock, seen some good pa's there as well.

Shpamshter

Jul 18, 2001
Leeds
Jimmy said:

it was some womans name in Leeds just by the Bank of England, they shut it down 10 years ago and turned it into a dry cleaners was well cheesy

Could that be Maddisons then Jimmy? The only other club i can think of is Tiffany's which ended up being Ritzy's but that was in the Merrion Centre.

First club I went to was Ricky's, which used to be underneath the Gallery.
Aaah them wer' days....

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Hmmmm, Home in Manchester in 93. Remember first night I was there witnessed all sorts of gun slinging shennanigens outside...Noice!!

Then onto the Hacienda the same year and it went from there really.........:fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

franky

Jul 24, 2001
Bradford
the first rave i went to was at the meastro's in Bradford on Easter bank holiday 1991. it was called Bedlam '91. i was pissed though. My first E was at a club called The Capricorn Club (or Bibby's) in Bradford in January 1992 & after that 1st time i was hooked on the music, atmophere & everything. i went out every saturday for about 8 months. Most of my regular nights were at Life@Bowlers & the Capricorn Club.

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
Did 2 clubs in one nite for my first expedition in '91. CARLOS II in Colne remember it well with JFMC on then on2 ANGELS for the Finale. My head has never been the same since!! LOL

franky

Jul 24, 2001
Bradford
Hutty mate, I used to go to CarlosII tpwards the end of 1992. thats when i stopped going out regular as the music was getting shite for me.....& also my then girlie was up the duff. lol

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
What a great nite that used 2 b. Mite have been 92 when i went can't remember exactly. I was 16 @ time so yes wud have been 92. My mate worked with WARREN CHARLES one of the DJ's so we went up a few times with him was a mad nite out there, used 2 b a great nite out!!!!

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
Madisons i've been there once or twice when i was goin out wi a lass from Keswick! Did WIZARD MC used to go up there a bit?? Also been to ZONE @ pagoda in CARLISLE few times, jesus it's makin me feel old now!!!!!lol

ZENZEN

Jun 13, 2002
Northern Ireland
www.coachniteclub.com
Circus Circus

The first ever night club I went to was the Circus Circus in Banbridge Northern Ireland.Where Robbie Nelson and Jacko used to take control of the hallowed turntables along with many,many guests. DJ's & P.A.'s from everywhere played there like Pablo Gargano,Carl Cox,DJ Welly,Dyewitness,Dream Frequency,Hyper Go Go,QFX and many,many more.
Circus was a place to meet up,meet new friends and have an awesome time.It was without a doubt the highlight of the Irish dance scene in it's day.Brings back some memories!!
Even now if you mention 'The Circus' everyone into dance music over here knows what you are on about.
Sadly it came to an end after many raids and bad press,plus the authorities.Now it's a bingo hall!!

Words form DJ Welly on the club (One Love Sep-93):-
"An absolutely immense night at the infamous Circus Circus, Banbridge, N.I. Featured, myself DJ Welly alongside Robbie Nelson (Agnelli & Nelson) & Jacko (One of Northern Ireland's best DJ's).
With guest PA's from Felix and Hyper Go-Go, this night was one the best nights I have played at."

circus_1_Front300x421.jpg

circus_1_Back300x421.jpg

Statement soon before closure:-
Tuesday, March 17, 1998: 'Belfast Telegraph' Says Two Shareholders In The Former Circus Circus Nightclub In Banbridge, Ireland, Where £40,000 Of 'Drugs' Were Seized, Have Each Been Given A Two-Year Suspended Jail Term After Pleading Guilty At An Earlier Hearing To Seven Charges Of Knowingly Permitting The Supply Of Ecstasy, Cannabis Resin, LSD And Amphetamines While Being Concerned In The Club Management.

Well that's my first club & definitely one I wont ever forget.

Peace,

zenlogo12.jpg