Votes: 51 50.5%
  • Italian House

Votes: 50 49.5%

• Total voters

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Lozzie said:
yup, not all but most. US house doesn't get called cheesy very often. Im not a cheese conesuer myself.lol.

Yeah maybe I pigeonholed everything Italian, but on the whole anyway!!

I like a bit of Wendsleydale personally

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
hmmmmmmmm ....triky 1 eh?for the last couple of months ive been buying and listening to italian house so thats me vote......BUTi did go through a spell of u.s stuff for a while coz me likes that too!!

Same old tracks always get quoted when it comes to Italian floor fillers - all of them properly caned left right and centre - ah well, horses for courses.

U.S. all the way :O)

dodgymix said:
There's loads of quality Italian fodder
I've got one hand with, last rhythm, Dilemma techno age etc and then stuff like the ace bigshot label jillian mendez, Melina marks, landlord & then other tunes like "instrumental need" & "oh oh uhh uhh look out"

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
pauly p said:
I think he was saying that without US house, there would have been no UK house for you to prefer ;)
But would there have been Italian House though? Where actually did the Italian sound come from? US House or Italo Disco? You can then argue the origins of Disco of course (don't forget Giorgio Moroder in there), but that would be getting a bit a bit daft.

Although I've got to add (the same as Moonie said) there wasn't really a dispute over the origins of House per se in the first place :axe:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
brixtonite said:
Same old tracks always get quoted when it comes to Italian floor fillers - all of them properly caned left right and centre
That doesn't make them bad tracks though. Their only crime was they were popular, and that's because they were erm...good!

I personally think there's a bit of snobbery going on here. Italian music seems to be seen as cheesy, US as a little bit cooler. Surely this poll isn't about which country is now the coolest to be into (or where house music came from!), surely it's about which old skool club music is the best.

Let's be honest here how many people's best memories from nights out are of dancing arms in the air to the likes SLD, JJ Tribute, 4 For Money etc? They may seem overplayed now but these records certainly moulded my youth and I'd guess a large majority of other peoples. Yes Italian music does have it's carazee cheese, but don't let that taint the brilliance of their classics.

Don't get me wrong, whilst I think there are some amazing US records, I personally think the Italians edge it just on pure energy. That's regardless of whether they were, oddly enough, mostly sampling US songs. That just happens to be where the majority of accapellas / samples were. If Russian folk music had stuck accapella's on all their releases, you could bet your arse the Italian's would have sampled it to buggery (look at the diversity of sampling Janis Joplin).

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Voted US House on this on.....

Just prefer it, always have done.

Think Frankie Bones, Ralphie Dee, Tommy Musto.... that was always my preference.....House with a harder and darker edge.

I disagree with Jonno's comments about Snobbery...... I don't think that comes into it ....you either like something or you don't ..simple. But I agree that most Ital stuff is cheesy....but that's what it was meant to be.... fun, happy music........ I am just a miserable fucker who prefered darker music;)

Mark J

Aug 21, 2005
The Shire...
Its Friday, so its all about piano's and the hands in the air bizness!

Italian for me today

...although Monday may be an emotional, need to get thro' US session.

Music for all moods. Glad i love both Italian & US

M :spin:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Tim Acid said:
I disagree with Jonno's comments about Snobbery...... I don't think that comes into it ....you either like something or you don't ..simple.
I very much doubt anyone will admit to snobbery, it's still there though, it's human nature, everyone likes to think of themselves in an exclusive club. And therefore to say it doesn't effect people's judgement, I don't think, would be the whole truth.

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
Jonno said:
That doesn't make them bad tracks though. Their only crime was they were popular, and that's because they were erm...good!

I personally think there's a bit of snobbery going on here. Italian music seems to be seen as cheesy, US as a little bit cooler. Surely this poll isn't about which country is now the coolest to be into (or where house music came from!), surely it's about which old skool club music is the best.

Let's be honest here how many people's best memories from nights out are of dancing arms in the air to the likes SLD, JJ Tribute, 4 For Money etc? They may seem overplayed now but these records certainly moulded my youth and I'd guess a large majority of other peoples. Yes Italian music does have it's carazee cheese, but don't let that taint the brilliance of their classics.

Don't get me wrong, whilst I think there are some amazing US records, I personally think the Italians edge it just on pure energy. That's regardless of whether they were, oddly enough, mostly sampling US songs. That just happens to be where the majority of accapellas / samples were. If Russian folk music had stuck accapella's on all their releases, you could bet your arse the Italian's would have sampled it to buggery (look at the diversity of sampling Janis Joplin).

Enjoyed reading that :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've heard some excellent Italian housey stuff from around 1984 onwards, but in general I reckon the production in US house music (in the early days) was far superior:thumbsup:

U.S. for me!:)

Jonno said:
Don't get me wrong, whilst I think there are some amazing US records, I personally think the Italians edge it just on pure energy..

Somtimes that is what makes me hate Italian house.....toooooo in ur face-u-will-be-happy-and-jump-around-bang-bang-bang.....:D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:
:|

I like the subtle approach tbh. I can appreciate any dance music. It doesn't mean it all arrouses any passion in me......even the most energetic of Italian tracks.

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
U.S. without a doubt , just check out the labels , the producers , the classics ! Okay there were some stormin italien tracks..but lets get it into perspective..A few Classic italian tracks there are , but in comparison theres a wealth of American produced riches...Italian rocks..U.S. Rules...:thumbsup: