Tune profiteering?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
This may be just me, i don't know - but if someone on here put a request out for a tune because their old one is scratched and unplayable, and you sold them that tune - would it annoy you if that person put it on eBay on a 'Buy It Now' for twice what you let them have it for? :| :eek: :mad:

Now don't get me wrong, I'm in the business of buying and selling - I buy cheap cars, fix them up and sell them. If someone bought a car from me with a view to selling it on I wouldn't mind - in fact it happens quite often. Similarly I will take records in to HTFR sometimes - knowing full well they are giving me a quarter of what they will sell it for. But when it's someone off here, claiming to be desperate for a tune cos theirs is scratched, I tend to think it's going to someone who is enthusiastic about it. I also drop the price accordingly. I don't think I'm on my own in this either?

Not sure quite why this has got me narked, but it has! Any thoughts?

That would piss me right off as well. Go on then, fess up the culprit!

Nah, ain't gonna name and shame!! It's not someone who posts a great deal - when they do it tends to be in the 'look what I have for sale' area, which tbh should have given me a clue! Strangely though, although they post links to everything else they have for sale - they haven't done so for this one. :ba:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Why dont you Buy It and then say you want it half price ;)

and name n shame :p

a pretty shitty thing to do to another person on here. How do you know they are not selling their first copy and keeping the one you sent them though? ask them a question about the condition of the vinyl or register a new ebay account and big £4000 on it ;)

It's obviously my old copy. It's well rare anyway, but mine was a white label promo copy with a sticker on the sleeve. He has a photo of it on the auction. Last one on eBay fetched £72.

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
a pretty shitty thing to do to another person on here. How do you know they are not selling their first copy and keeping the one you sent them though? ask them a question about the condition of the vinyl or register a new ebay account and big £4000 on it ;)

I was only jokin bud :)

What I would do if it bothered me that much Id PM the seller. :thumbsup:

But to be honest if you agree a price and sell a record... once that person has payed its there record to do with as they please I guess.

Sorry:$ :$ :$ But i didn't know how much the pink vinyl of Right Said Fred was worth befo0e I checked on Fleabay:|
Oh yeah, that's what you say now...you told me you just HAD to have it - 'for a friend, like...' ;)

"any more clues to the tune instead then ?"

Erm, no! I just needed to vent some frustration. I was pi$$ed off by it and didn't know why it should matter, so I thought I'd see what everyone else reckoned. It was a rare tune, but not one I particularly liked - much prefer the original version. Now that IS a tune!

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
It's obviously my old copy. It's well rare anyway, but mine was a white label promo copy with a sticker on the sleeve. He has a photo of it on the auction. Last one on eBay fetched £72.

I know who it is and before anyone says it was a pure guess and i had no knowledge of it and i totally agree its bang out of order.

The clues you gave about a person who hardly posts but does ost all his sales etc and has recently had one or TWO posts in for sale section. Have a look at some of his high value items ;)