The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
think ill wait n c what next week will b like

this week was just the 4 judges picking who they wanted to work with over the next few weeks

that should have been decided before the program went on air (or was it?)

it was obvious they were gonna pick the person who had the most in common with their own music style

ronni size even said he had 2 drum n bass djs to pick from (wrong he had all the djs to pick from but decided to stick to what he knows)

:phones:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Didnt watch last weeks but managed to watch this weeks, i thought it was quite good! I liked the way that Tom middleton turned those everyday noises into sounds for a tune!!

koolherc

Aug 29, 2003
the joy of decks ITV1 thur 12.30pm

Have to agree with Pauly P that they should know the basics if they won a nationwide comp.

I think this show is something that was just dreamed up out of the blue!:D

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
pauly p said:
Really, Mr C showing that bird how to beat juggle and expecting her to do it by the end.... Surely if she won a nationwide competition to get this opportunity, shouldnt she already know how to do the basics :confused:

But I've never seen anybody look so uncomfortable behind a mixer as Mr. C.
The beat juggling was ok, but I thought when he attempted to show the girl how to scratch, it was a farce.
If I had to choose any of them to be my dj-mentor, it would have to be Tom Middleton, but if it is purely & simply a dj competition, that bloke is not gonna learn much about mixing, if Tom Middleton's essential mixes are anything to go by. Great, great track selection, but no flow.

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
pauly p said:
Have to agree. Tom Middleton is one of today`s most exiting and eclectic DJ`s. :drum:

Mi bro is always goin on about this fella sayin hes the sasha for the new generation. Ive heard a set that he brought back from the Big Chill a couple of years ago and its bob on, top tunes, liked the Blue Monday & Sunglasses at Night mash up:D

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
lol tweety pie

nah this prog really annoys me, mr c looks like a complete twat on it noddin his head up and down and roni size looks even more of a twat with sunglasses on all the time

tom middleton tho takes the biscuit, they must have paid him an awful lot of money and if this lot won national comps to get on they must have been matched against my dog in the mixing stakes lol

its just pop idol trying to be cool and i dont know the full ins & outs but i bet they get a residencey at a deco club for the winner

Last edited:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
i think it said the finalists were recommended by record shops and people in the buisness as up & coming djs in their area

i dont think they actually did a nationwide competition as such to pick them

well apart from that farce that was on the first weeks show that they tried to make out was a competition :axe: it was more of an audition than anything

must addmit thou , about this weeks show

the guy who was with ronni size look genuinly excited about being in ronni,s studio

i guess if he picked somebody that didnt like drum n base they wouldnt have had as much interest in it all

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
this prog gets continually worse

since when do tribal house and tech trance sit side by side in any dj set, let alone one from a spotty baghead looking bint!!!

they got some mong from bangingtunes.com on there and some other bosh seller.....

when did banging tunes sell tribal.....erm never!!!

that mong who is with ronnie size wants rubbing with a brick along with the rest of his crew :$

the bird who was deep house & disco was playing alright stuff but not very well put together, begs the question:

are they on there cos they are half decent or good for the camera's?

tribal & tech trance my arse:cops:

dolly

Jan 5, 2003
blackpool
its DECKIDLE init!lol...... its got little to do with the music as such, but fair play to the dj's got off thier arse tryin to achive sommat!

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
tonights was an all-time low

absolute shite. Tune in next week when they meet jimmy saville who tongues 5 yr old girls. great I can't wait. Fuck off and do some research. This would be a credible show if they showed more music and stuff I reckoned they paniced at losing their female audiance or summit.