Soup :)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Been out walking with the kids today for a few hours, the weather was lovely and it's that ace time of year when all the leaves are on the ground but still quite mild.

I really fancied a good bowl of hot soup and crusty bread when i got in- and the tin of Baxter's just tasted a bit, well, tinny :axe:. Anyone know any good recipes? I kinda fancy doing something with a ham hock or bacon bones (if they still exist).

I am very happy to swap it for my ace butterscotch cake recipe, which is perhaps the nicest cake ever, spesh if you have some coffee to go with it.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Been out walking with the kids today for a few hours, the weather was lovely and it's that ace time of year when all the leaves are on the ground but still quite mild.

I really fancied a good bowl of hot soup and crusty bread when i got in- and the tin of Baxter's just tasted a bit, well, tinny :axe:. Anyone know any good recipes? I kinda fancy doing something with a ham hock or bacon bones (if they still exist).

I am very happy to swap it for my ace butterscotch cake recipe, which is perhaps the nicest cake ever, spesh if you have some coffee to go with it.

Vee soup, ask butty bout it. Vee makes a lovely soup, the trick is to get ya stock from a chicken carcass and just add what ever the hell ya like to it.

Always turns out ACE!!!

DC Mills

Apr 8, 2007
I make my soup with stock made from ham hough,
(or a cheap gammon joint if ya can't get it on bone)

Boil the sh1t out of it for at least an hour.......

Then remove the meat & bones.

(I never measure stuff, so just do all this to taste)

Then I add pearl barley, chopped leeks, grated potato, carrot & turnip, chopped parsley, a veg stock cube for extra flavour, fresh ground black pepper & some mixed herbs.

Simmer for an hour or so, skimming off any stuff that comes to the top.

Then break up some/ all of the meat you took out earlier & chuck that in.

Enjoy.
Om nom nom.

Last edited:

Entropy92

Aug 8, 2001
Stoke
could give u a loads but my favourite is tomatoe so i'll start with that :p
onion and celery on a low heat for a couple of minutes with some butter and oil (stops the butter burning) then chuck in some tomatoe puree, 3-4 cloves of garlic and cook out for a further few minutes then add some chopped tomatoes i normally add one of the value baskets from tesco makes about 5 bowls, let them cook off for about 5 mins then add 3 chicken oxo cubes and about 2 pints of water, some fresh rosmary and a teaspoon of dried chopped basil and let that simmer for around 15 mins then take the rosemary out and blend it properly and then add some ketchup about 3 tablespooons full and serve 5 mins after also may need some sugar about a teaspoon if u havent cooked out the puree properly i normally grate a bit of lemon peel (you can stick some lemon tyme in if u have it) and some strong cheddar in mine aswell. job done :D

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Amelie,

Can I have your recipe for the Butterscotch cake. I need to make the girls in the office a follow up cake to "Ultimate Chocolate Cake".

Your cake sounds just the ticket!

Thanks,
Chris.

woody

You can make that when we come visit you :D