So is nobody going to mention....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Jonno said:
I notice everyone seems to be assuming that the people with the placards are speaking for every muslim in Britain.

Ive explicitly said the plaquard holders are the extremist lot amongst the crowd. However, what you seem to miss Jonno, I think, is that the goals are the same, they come from the same hymn sheet but just have different ways of bringing about the end result. Thats what Islam is about, and its not just a religion, its a way of life and a movement that wont EVER be happy or satisfied until that end goal is in place, be it low level means or high level means.

I explained how this works before, so I wont go into it again. Also, how the individualism focus doesnt work in these situations.

In London, amid a heavy police presence, several hundred Muslims gathered after Friday prayers at the London Central Mosque in Regent's Park and marched to the Danish and French embassies, burning a Danish flag and chanting, "Denmark, you will pay." Some chanted, "Jihad! Jihad!" and held up placards that said: "Learn the lesson from 9/11."
Others offered more measured views. "I'm here because of the insult to the most important man in my life, Muhammad -- more important than our children, more important than our parents, more important than our wives," said Taoufik Ben, 43, an electrical engineer.

Last edited:
just goes to show

just goes to show how evil ,stupid ,brainwashed and pathetic these muslims are , ALL THIS OVER CARTOON !!!!:mad:

i never really thought much of Andy Capp cartoons , some lazy gambling drunken ,jordy punching fuck out of his missus every week , (poor flo),
but i never felt the urge to set fire to newcastle town hall , or boycott buying newcastle brown ale ,

sooner we nuke IRAN and surrounding muslim areas the better , useless cuntz:wave:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
ikontraband said:
i never really thought much of Andy Capp cartoons , some lazy gambling drunken ,jordy punching fuck out of his missus every week , (poor flo),
but i never felt the urge to set fire to newcastle town hall , or boycott buying newcastle brown ale
Excellent analogy :thumbsup:

Although I have to admit I don't see the relevance :confused:

Jonno said:
Excellent analogy :thumbsup:

Although I have to admit I don't see the relevance :confused:

relevence is quite simple , if everytime somebody saw a cartoon in a news paper that offended them due to its content , racist , sexist , bullying or whatever ? they decided to go on the rampage burning down embassies rioting all over world , calling for trade embargos against western goverments ,demonstrating and calling for more suicide attacks like 7/7 it would be pretty fucked up ,

and thats what radical muslims are pretty fucked up:p

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Its not just the handfull of people carrying banners though is it? What about the thousands who are marching behind them? And its not like its just happening in London or Denmark, its happening around the world RIGHT NOW.

Here's some pics from Indonesia, Lebanon, Pakistan, Israel, Sudan, Morroco, and Egypt.

_______

Last edited:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
ikontraband said:
relevence is quite simple , if everytime somebody saw a cartoon in a news paper that offended them due to its content , racist , sexist , bullying or whatever ? they decided to go on the rampage burning down embassies rioting all over world , calling for trade embargos against western goverments ,demonstrating and calling for more suicide attacks like 7/7 it would be pretty fucked up ,
That's true but a better (and more relevant) analogy would be if you were a Geordie you were offended by Andy Capp to the point of burning down the paper that printed it.

Let's say for instance though there was a cartoon which implicitly said that Scousers were thieves. Now many scousers may be offended, but they wouldn't do anything. A few however may do something daft along the lines of having a little protest, maybe smashing a few windows, because there are always an idiotic minority.

That's a more relevant analogy.

Also now imagine that it wasn't just a town being offended, it was hundreds of millions of people. And it wasn't just a stereotype that was being mocked it was everything they believed in.

On that scale the minority would be even bigger, and hence you'd see more stupid acts. They are still the minority though.

That's what some people are failing to recognise in this thread.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
ilovepiano said:
Its not just the handfull of people carrying banners though is it? What about the thousands who are marching behind them? And its not like its just happening in London or Denmark, its happening around the world RIGHT NOW.
So you are saying it is all muslims then, or at least the majority?

We're not just talking about all muslims being offended here either. Everyone has the right to be offended. We're talking about all muslims being involved in the type of behaviour which would be offensive themselves - holding up offensive placards etc. By offensive placards as well I mean the type of "get ready for another 9/11" etc, because some of the placards in the ones you've posted don't actually seem that offensive - "our prophet is our model, his dignity is our dignity" certainly doesn't offend me. Does it offend you?

youve lost me

Jonno said:
That's true but a better (and more relevant) analogy would be if you were a Geordie you were offended by Andy Capp to the point of burning down the paper that printed it.

Let's say for instance though there was a cartoon which implicitly said that Scousers were thieves. Now many scousers may be offended, but they wouldn't do anything. A few however may do something daft along the lines of having a little protest, maybe smashing a few windows, because there are always an idiotic minority.

That's a more relevant analogy.

Also now imagine that it wasn't just a town being offended, it was hundreds of millions of people. And it wasn't just a stereotype that was being mocked it was everything they believed in.

On that scale the minority would be even bigger, and hence you'd see more stupid acts. They are still the minority though.

That's what some people are failing to recognise in this thread.

youve lost me :S ,, im not talking about jordies or scousers , your missing the irony of what my post is about ,
what im sayin is ANY civillized educated person can see that a cartoon is nothing to get that offended about that you needed to go on the rampage burning down an embassy , having demonstrations ect ? you get it now ?

my point is the WHOLE muslim world seems to be in uproar over a cartoon ,watch the news mate, just watch the news

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Saw a representative of the Muslim faith on tv today saying that these aresholes are just basically yobs, on a par with the BNP and are in the tiny minority. He does have a point and if he stands by what he said then he should have had no problem with the police rounding them up and questioning them and if need be take action.

It doesn't do anybody any favours really, it just unsettles a lot of people and makes them think about ways to stop them rotting away our society.:|

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
ikontraband said:
youve lost me :S ,, im not talking about jordies or scousers , your missing the irony of what my post is about ,
what im sayin is ANY civillized educated person can see that a cartoon is nothing to get that offended about that you needed to go on the rampage burning down an embassy
First off I think you need to make a distinction about being offended (everyone has the right to be offended), and doing something extreme about it. Yes any civilised person can see that a cartoon is nothing to do something extreme over. That includes muslims too. Or are you saying that all muslims are in fact commiting extreme acts over this?

ikontraband said:
my point is the WHOLE muslim world seems to be in uproar over a cartoon
The WHOLE muslim world up in uproar to the point of commiting extreme acts - burning embassies etc?

watch the news

Jonno said:
First off I think you need to make a distinction about being offended (everyone has the right to be offended), and doing something extreme about it. Yes any civilised person can see that a cartoon is nothing to do something extreme over. That includes muslims too. Or are you saying that all muslims are in fact commiting extreme acts over this?

The WHOLE muslim world up in uproar to the point of commiting extreme acts - burning embassies etc?

YES IT IS ACTUALLY , watch the news:eek:

crowds of muslims in syria have stormed and torched both the norwegian and danish embassy buildings, police have used water cannons and tear gas to break up huge demonstrations !! plus all westerners have been advised to leave the reigon !!! OVER A CARTOON ,

3 words spring to mind ,

OVER THE TOP:p

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
ikontraband said:
muslims in this country ?

yes it seems so , muslims have surrounded the danish embassy in London AGAIN , police say its more restrained than yesterdys demo which included placards asking for more 7/7 type bombings against the west , !!!
So a few outside the Danish embassy, that's all muslims in this country or a tiny minority then?

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
As bloodcurdling all this Jihad-o-rama bollox is, i don't think i'll be building my anti-Islam underground bunker just yet

Extremists of all persuasions, of whatever religion or beliefs go through these fads at some time in there history:( just wish they would fuck of myself