Sasha, Radio 1 Hotmix, 30th Oct 1992

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jesus@1

Apr 16, 2010
i remember taping this off radio one years ago but the old memory is a bit hazy about it now.. listening back to the recording now theres a couple of questions spring to mind --

all the other hotmixes that have been on the essential selection are 30mins long and this one is 50mins long with an edit at 25mins. :hubba:

was this a 2 part hotmix or is it 2 hotmixes from different nights edited together

i seen to remember it being 2 different hotmixes recorded onto the same tape, possibly the second one is from a couple of weeks later.

or were they both broadcast the same night with something else in between thats been edited out phones:

anybody know all the details or have a different recording without the edit?

DJ Sasha Hotmix
from Pete Tongs Essential Selection 1993 - Radio One Fri Nights

1. E.M.F. - Theyre Here (D:Ream Dream)
2. ??? "move that body, rock that body" (massive unknown track)
3. Elisa - Love Vibration (Perfecto mix) ffrr
4. Remake vs Inner City - Bladerunner, Till We Meet Again (Perkapella)
5. B.M.EX - Apollonia
6. 2 Bad Mice - Bomb Scare
7. Floor Federation - Music For The Masses
8. London Sound - Ha (Full Rub mix) Total Music
9. Secret Life - As Always (junior style mix) (Briefly)
* EDIT*

10. Ourtribe - I Believe In You (which mix?)
11. Jomanda - Never (Band Of Gypsies)
12. B.M.X - Feel The Drop (Renaissance mix)
13. Soundsource - One High
14. Jump - Funkatarium
15. M People - How Can I Love You More (Sasha Remix)

Track 2 which on this thread is still not ID'd is Mijangos - Track tres ;)

Andres Mijangos - Mijangos (12") at Discogs

Jesus@1

Apr 16, 2010
aah brilliant, welcome to the board Jesus :love:

just ordered a copy from discogs :thumbsup:

needed an ID for that track for a good few years now, its also on Sasha @ Bangkok, Coventry, Nov 1992

Happy to help and cheers for the welcome :thumbsup:

Mentioned this on another thread but got no replies :( I've got a Sasha mix you may not have. It was given to me by Geoff Oakes (Renaissance promoter) and it's Sasha playing at Freetown, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, on the 29th November 1991. The tape starts off with Tom Wainwright playing (about 15-20 mins) then the Man like kicks in with Brother Makes 3 - I Wanna (Diva's All On It mix), G-Love - You keep the Love (Original mix), G-love - You keep the love (John Kelly Edit), TC 1991 etc. It's a recognisable mix because Sasha starts to increase the pitch on the Brother Makes 3 track quite a lot cos Wainwright was playing at such a slow tempo.

If this sounds like something you haven't got post back and i'll have a go at converting it to mp3 and uploading it. I notice you've done a guide on this so i'll read it first. Any sites i should use? :S

Cheers again Brady :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Happy to help and cheers for the welcome :thumbsup:

Mentioned this on another thread but got no replies :( I've got a Sasha mix you may not have. It was given to me by Geoff Oakes (Renaissance promoter) and it's Sasha playing at Freetown, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, on the 29th November 1991. The tape starts off with Tom Wainwright playing (about 15-20 mins) then the Man like kicks in with Brother Makes 3 - I Wanna (Diva's All On It mix), G-Love - You keep the Love (Original mix), G-love - You keep the love (John Kelly Edit), TC 1991 etc. It's a recognisable mix because Sasha starts to increase the pitch on the Brother Makes 3 track quite a lot cos Wainwright was playing at such a slow tempo.

If this sounds like something you haven't got post back and i'll have a go at converting it to mp3 and uploading it. I notice you've done a guide on this so i'll read it first. Any sites i should use? :S

Cheers again Brady :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

he plays those tracks in the same sequence on this mix, hopefully yours is a different mix to this thou

DJ Sasha Jan 1992

yeah if you can get your tape converted/uploaded i would be well chuffed, there aint been any new 91 sasha mixed upped for a good while now :fekked:

most people on here use mediafire.com for sharing

Jesus@1

Apr 16, 2010
he plays those tracks in the same sequence on this mix, hopefully yours is a different mix to this thou

DJ Sasha Jan 1992

yeah if you can get your tape converted/uploaded i would be well chuffed, there aint been any new 91 sasha mixed upped for a good while now :fekked:

most people on here use mediafire.com for sharing

Gutted Brady that's the one :| :( :( :( :(

But like I said the tracks St Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart; Ice T - New Jack Hustler; Simply Red - Stars; Nia Peeples - Streets of Dreams; Wen-Lover - Wen-Lover Groovy Love Theme AND T.K. Roberts - Closer To My Heart (Reel Dub) were played by Tom Wainwright and it was at Freetown in November 1991.
I sadly spent most of that night leaning over the decks offering Sasha a light for his cigarettes just to catch a glimpse of what he was playing. :mad:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

But like I said the tracks St Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart; Ice T - New Jack Hustler; Simply Red - Stars; Nia Peeples - Streets of Dreams; Wen-Lover - Wen-Lover Groovy Love Theme AND T.K. Roberts - Closer To My Heart (Reel Dub) were played by Tom Wainwright and it was at Freetown in November 1991.
I sadly spent most of that night leaning over the decks offering Sasha a light for his cigarettes just to catch a glimpse of what he was playing. :mad:

that mix is very similar to this also (from around the same time)
DJ Sasha Kitchen Mix Dec 1991

if you can get your tape converted it would still love a copy, my copy is very hissy and i would like a better quality copy if possible

col70

Apr 13, 2010
The original Sasha Hotmix in 91/92?

The links for the original mixes have dies - anyone able to up the 2 mixes pleas?

superwave

Oct 20, 2006
aah brilliant, welcome to the board Jesus :love:

just ordered a copy from discogs :thumbsup:

needed an ID for that track for a good few years now, its also on Sasha @ Bangkok, Coventry, Nov 1992

TWICE & on Pimp Wolves Jan 93

lol luvly

rewing3

Jul 20, 2009
Ohio
Any chance anyone has these hot mixes as well that could possibly upload them.

03 Nov 96 - @ The Underworld, Camden - Seb Fontaine
12 Mar 1999 - Seb Fontaine

Thank you.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
heres some Hotmixes

Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-10-23 - Frankie Knuckles (Hotmix) (61min)
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-10-25 - David Morales (Hotmix)
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-10-30 - Sasha (Hotmix pt1)
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-11-01 - Sasha (Hotmix pt2)
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-11-06 - Tony Humphries (Hotmix pt1)
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-11-08 - Tony Humphries (Hotmix pt2) - www.mediafire.com/file/3ispai6l89f459x
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-12-11 pt2 - Dave Seaman (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/qa498z3zd0pg694
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1992-12-18 pt2 - Graeme Park (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/cu6ft06d1elhs03
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1993-04-xx (1) Brothers In Rhythm (Dave Seaman) (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/sigibtfoft5tbsw
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1993-04-xx (2) Graeme Park (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/9mw3ewckivkx077
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1993-04-xx (3) Sasha (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/mt4kaqz9gyapx3o
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1993-06-11 - John Digweed (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/r1um0muu4wcwdma
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1994-09-09 - Sasha @ Zap Club, Brighton (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/d8gka7l27huwxcz
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1996-06-28 - Seb Fontaine (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/listen/by03gpycmyiiohw
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1998-05-01 - Farley & Heller (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/39jz69nndgs3uh6
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1998-09-18 - Judge Jules Sitting In - www.mediafire.com/file/8m70n2o7v9998oq
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1999-02-26 - Nick Warren (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/adtzfdvc8i81ncy
Pete Tong Essential Selection - 1999-07-16 - John Digweed (Hotmix) - www.mediafire.com/file/psev8xyc0pkp78u

Last edited:
Reactions: 2002thx1138

shepdog

Jul 15, 2008
So, I'm just looking at the tracklist to this and it occured to me that there might be a track missing? The mix from Elisa "Love Vibration" into Remake "Blade Runner vs Inner City" has something else in between - like a breakbeat tune with a long bass/synth note before the Remake bassline comes in. Anyone got any ideas?

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
So, I'm just looking at the tracklist to this and it occured to me that there might be a track missing? The mix from Elisa "Love Vibration" into Remake "Blade Runner vs Inner City" has something else in between - like a breakbeat tune with a long bass/synth note before the Remake bassline comes in. Anyone got any ideas?
well spotted, strange nobody has notices that until now

heres a clip of the track, its played under Elisa for a while - https://vocaroo.com/1koeeZFXcZw8