Recommendations for next phone???

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
My contract will be up in a month or so, so probably be getting a new phone. Have been looking around but they all seem pap atm. Prolly want one of these 3G jobbies but not sure which is best????

I am a die hard Nokia user though so to switch to another phone it's prolly gonna have to be able to do the conga whilst singing blue moon and going off that other thread i wouldn't mind it havin that x-ray vision too. :hubba:

So, any recommendations people?????????

Cheers. :condom:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
JohnnyPink said:
My contract will be up in a month or so, so probably be getting a new phone. Have been looking around but they all seem pap atm. Prolly want one of these 3G jobbies but not sure which is best????

I am a die hard Nokia user though so to switch to another phone it's prolly gonna have to be able to do the conga whilst singing blue moon and going off that other thread i wouldn't mind it havin that x-ray vision too. :hubba:

So, any recommendations people?????????

Cheers. :condom:

I could have written that myself!!!!

I'm in exactly the same boat matey so i'll be interested to hear what the crack is here n'all. :thumbsup:

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
Anything but LG I`m havin no end of probs with mine its been back to manufacturers 3 times now,now they are sayin I`ve broke it cheeky bstrds and that I`ll have to buy a new one..... :mad: stick with nokia m8 I`m goin back to them :thumbsup:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
dannst has got one of them 3g fones and i think hes had nothing but cack with it. poo reception etc.

like that samsung me the black one with a slide down front. bigtrucks got one. alth im the same as u mr kip im too used to nokias now. i aint got a clue why they all wont pu tthere space bar in the same place they wud sell so many more of em the mashers :rotate:

Shorty

Mar 11, 2004
ChOrLeY
Just got a Sony Erricson S700i and its great. Especially if you like a camera phone as it 1.2mpix.

Reception is good, looks good, has the features I need - love it

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cat

you just cant beat the samsung D500 mate
as an ex die hard nokia user i found it very unnerving to switch to summat else, but i wish i'd fekked those nokia fekkers off years ago. its like comparing the technological advances of fisher price wiv NASA mate!!!! lol nokia is sooooo nineties!!!!! lol anyhoo had mine since the came out with no probs great reception (and i live on the moon!!)video bluetooth camera wap etc you wont be dissapointed, but try and get the graphite grey one as it looks less plasicky than the black one!!
cat.....................x

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
You kids just aint hip thesedays

Get yaself one of these bad bwoys ;)

_1778067_fonecash-bbc300.jpg

:hubba: hehe

woody

cat said:
you just cant beat the samsung D500 mate
as an ex die hard nokia user i found it very unnerving to switch to summat else, but i wish i'd fekked those nokia fekkers off years ago. its like comparing the technological advances of fisher price wiv NASA mate!!!! lol nokia is sooooo nineties!!!!! lol anyhoo had mine since the came out with no probs great reception (and i live on the moon!!)video bluetooth camera wap etc you wont be dissapointed, but try and get the graphite grey one as it looks less plasicky than the black one!!
cat.....................x

depends what u use it for and if you're any good wi the pc tho! my nokia the same as retros 7610 has a 1meg camera/videocam and is basically a mini pc, ive got msn messenger, a map of manchester and a map of the dam, virus check, allsorts of ngage games, movie editing, a torch, a world clock, a photo viewer that lets u view all pics the full screen size, and mp3 player,sat nav via gprs, real player and a torch and thats just off the top of me head! and these new nokias have even faster processers than mine with broadband/digital tv capabilities. one of the new ones comes with a gprs camera that u can leave at home and log into it from your phone to see whats goin on thru it. The samsungs are mint, they look cool and sound mint and the pics are quite good, but if you want something more than that, get a nokia:thumbsup: i'm glad i did:king:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
blue jammer said:
You kids just aint hip thesedays

Get yaself one of these bad bwoys ;)

_1778067_fonecash-bbc300.jpg

:hubba: hehe

You may laugh but a mate of mine at University had one of those

It was cutting edge technology at the time

He was a cockney wide boy though, fancied himself as a bit of a wheeler dealer

OK, I'll go now, showing my age :D ;)

Cheers for replies. Still none the wiser though. Might go for milenko's idea. :D

woody said:
6680:thumbsup: if there out yet
Why this one bud????

ste huxley said:
Im gonna wait another 6 months me, by then they will have proper tele on em and a fkin tea maker!!

Im sticking with my 6600 lol Ive still not upgraded all the software on it like an MP3 player for eg Ive had it well over a year lol:condom:

Am liking the sound of that, when will the coffee makers be available though bud???

I've got a cd here with a load of nokia buff on. Will try to remember to do you a copy an wing it in te post to ya. :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Ive got a LG phone on 3pay and have had absolutely no bother with it at all...neither has my friend Dina who got the same phone!

it takes top pics and video although the phone is a tad slow to what im used to...so think im gonna try summat else nxt time...but much cheapness and usabilty......i found it fine :thumbsup:

really like Shorty's new phone tho :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: good looking phone seems easy enough to use too ;)

Ooo theres sum tasty ones about eh....lets us know what ya decide Johnny...i urge u though to stay clear of O2 :mad:

Northern Star said:
Ooo theres sum tasty ones about eh....lets us know what ya decide Johnny...i urge u though to stay clear of O2 :mad:

Poss gonna be going with O2 as the coverage in warrington is ace an a friend of mine can get me discounted line rental.
As for cost of phone, thats not really an issue as with the tariff i'm on the max a phone would prob cost will be around £50 but normally i get em for free.

Am liking the sounds of this one but the geezar in the shop the other night didn't have a clue about it.

Nokia 6630

Last edited:

ruffers

VIP Silver Member
I just got me one of these bad boys

http://www.ixbt.com/pda/t-mobile/mda-compact/mda-compact-front.jpg

Makes phone calls - check
Full PDA - check
Bluetooth - check
MP3 player - check
1.2MP camera - check
Removable media cards - check