Quite possibly the most expensive record in the world, watch the auction unfold

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Top post Barrie, thanks for sharing. Bet you had a great day.

That's interesting about Keith Richards and Jimmy Page. They'd have been famous at the time the all nighters were happening, I wonder if they ever went to any.

Did I read somewhere that George Harrison was a big fan as well? (I know he was of ukuleles!)

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Glenn knew Jimmy Page and Keith Richards (a very interesting tale on its own) and they used to go round to his and continually play his northern collection. This was not in the heyday of northern but around the time it started to bubble again in the 90s. There was another famous person but I have forgotten who it was - I will find out though.

Oddly they used to like the alternative versions most. Whether these were tunes that had been original northern songs and then covered or whether they were covers of other tunes.

For example, Keith was fascinated with and quite liked LA Power and Light Co`s version of the Rolling Stones very own Let`s Spend The Night Together (although I think its pap).

YouTube - L A POWER & LIGHT C O

Not heard about George harrison before.

I have also been searching for years for a photograph of me from the Wigan days without sucess and Glenn is convinced he has one somewhere and is on the search for it.

It was indeed a fascinating day apart from discovering some very close friends were no longer with us.

I really enjoy posting these little snippits and hope you enjoy sharing them - at least they are now documented for history!!

geeselad

May 25, 2007
I have also been searching for years for a photograph of me from the Wigan days without sucess and Glenn is convinced he has one somewhere and is on the search for it.

you been on soulsource barry? loads of old photo's doing the rounds on there.